The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Two Questions

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:17 AM
Reaction score
As far as longevity, who knows. Is there something unproven that will blow up, maybe but what. Engine is well proven, transmission is well proven, transfer case is well proven. Axles are a crapshoot but they look burley as hell and if they aren't then I am sure that Curry or Dynatrac will come out with something. My guess is if something goes wrong it will be electronics, and probably nothing that cripples the truck. I am willing to take the gamble.

Just like the Landcruisers that I loved there are plenty of cars that are "better" in every way. They get better milage, better crash protection, better stereos, better HUD and tech like adaptive CC and everything else. Unfortunately most of those vehicles do nothing for me.

As far as price, the 96 LC sold for 50k, in todays dollars we are 97k. Sounds like the 91k that I am spending is a bargain. Doesn't hurt that I make about 30x the money I made back in 1996.
Actually disagree on the transfer case. It is made by Tremec who are very well regarded but it is a new design from INEOS/Magna I believe and there have already been some issues and as I understand it it had to have a cooler added during testing. It may well end up being bulletproof over time. But if there is an unproven element that might “blow up” that is a candidate.

Back
Top Bottom