The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

INEOS Media Twitter Hard Way Home

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:55 PM
Reaction score
So nearly missed the answer:

Only 7 people, yes that's 7 replied to the Tweet
Only 7 people, that's really very few, strange! I hope to get a reward to have guessed it right ;) : a delivery on February 8 of my Grenadier would be the minimum to expect!

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yeah I’d still like to follow it but if it’s only on twitter I’ll pass as don’t have account.
I have an account since many years (the very beginning, therefore my username), and almost don't use it, but handy when I want to use it! (I have the same username on Skype by the way, but not using often! Because I had another username for my self-owned company, still using a lot).
But I never liked Twitter!

marko

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:55 PM
Reaction score
I have an account since many years (the very beginning, therefore my username), and almost don't use it, but handy when I want to use it! (I have the same username on Skype by the way, but not using often! Because I had another username for my self-owned company, still using a lot).
But I never liked Twitter!
Thanks maybe I’ll set up an account and see what it’s all about, may be useful👍

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Also, all that technical stuff would be good if somehow grouped in an archive. A lot of valuable information will get lost or untraceable, otherwise.
Ok let’s think of a thread name. I struggle to initiate a new thread I’ve only done it a couple of times and takes me ages to work out the process.
  • When you create a new topic, there is a "Tags" entry at the bottom right.
  • It might look like this: "travel,africa,morocco,marrakech" (quotes not to be entered).
  • Or "repair,axles,gasket" or "mod,roof,rack" and so on. Id' recoomend to go from general to specific in the sequence of tags.
  • Capital letters are not necessary, just commas to separate the tags and that's it.
  • In the search function, there is a horizontal menu that offers "search tags". If you type in "travel,africa" you will get all the topics that are tagged that way.
So everything is there that we need for proper archiving. Only the users should make use of it.

Local time
Reaction score
  • When you create a new topic, there is a "Tags" entry at the bottom right.
  • It might look like this: "travel,africa,morocco,marrakech" (quotes not to be entered).
  • Or "repair,axles,gasket" or "mod,roof,rack" and so on. Id' recoomend to go from general to specific in the sequence of tags.
  • Capital letters are not necessary, just commas to separate the tags and that's it.
  • In the search function, there is a horizontal menu that offers "search tags". If you type in "travel,africa" you will get all the topics that are tagged that way.
So everything is there that we need for proper archiving. Only the users should make use of it.

Thanks for that..should be straightforward enough..would you use the "," or rather replace that with a "." ? Dunno about the different OS and what they make of it, or is the individual OS irrelevant in that respect ? Am an Apple man, ignorant in such things..

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Here, it's definitely a comma, no decimal point grammar involved.

PS: By the way, the software helps with tags and makes suggestions after you enter three characters. It makes perfect sense to use the closest match if there is one that makes sense. However, the matches are based only on spelling, not semantics.

Local time
Reaction score
Here, it's definitely a comma, no decimal point grammar involved.

PS: By the way, the software helps with tags and makes suggestions after you enter three characters. It makes perfect sense to use the closest match if there is one that makes sense. However, the matches are based only on spelling, not semantics.

Understood, just not familiar with separating by comma, helps with .csv, I guess..spelling is crucial for search results as usual..

Maybe we do a comparison sheet or chart for different meanings of bits and bobs in different countries in English..maybe in two or three languages even..?..might do that in a quiet moment..but not in Dutch..a gearbox is "een versnellingsbak"..verschrikkelike taal...

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
..but not in Dutch..a gearbox is "een versnellingsbak"..verschrikkelike taal...
Dutch is one of my two "mother tongues", my mother was a Flemish Dutch Speaking woman, so beware ;) ... and it is" verschrikkelijke" ... you made a typo or can't write it 😆

Local time
Reaction score
Dutch is one of my two "mother tongues", my mother was a Flemish Dutch Speaking woman, so beware ;) ... and it is" verschrikkelijke" ... you made a typo or can't write it 😆

Spot on, can't write it..how can you, possibly..?

Flemish is a different story, I was told..by the Dutch..-)

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
11:55 AM
Reaction score
The reality is we’d really need a technical and travel forum section for individual posts, otherwise all the good stuff gets lost amongst itself.
Ok. I’ll flesh out a travels and wanderings section. For trip reports, travel diaries and photographs.

Local time
Reaction score
There only one important Dutch term you should know: Lekker meisje. :)

There’s another one, you want to know:

Even kijke, schatje..

A placeholder to get u some breathing space when you’re with the meisjes..

..lekker indeed, the Dutch ladies, with some being exotic but all rather cosmopolitan..

Last edited:

PC01

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I cant believe the HWH videos haven’t been released in advance of 1st customer deliveries.
Or perhaps they will?
Really struggling to understand where we all sit in terms of anticipated delivery.
Had call from IA to say still no update.
I suppose i should be grateful for call but very frustrating.
Any sign of off line news of HWH feedback?

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
2:55 PM
Reaction score
I had forgot about this again. It does seem very odd that nothing has been said, although I am not on “socials” so it would be easy for me to miss something.

Is this odd or would I be better to describe it as suspicious.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
They've all sued IA for chronic left knee pain after driving the RHD versions and have been paid hush money and signed a non-disclosure agreement.

They were 'knee-ly' home as well!

Back
Top Bottom