The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Trialmaster delete

Local time
10:49 AM
Reaction score
I'd like to make things easy and just spec the Trialmaster, but I don't want the snorkel. I'd think they could/would just delete it upon request, but I'd hate to count on it. Anyone hear of that so far?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
3:49 PM
Reaction score
According to German prices the snorkel is a 744 Euro plastic tube. I am not sure that they would voluntarily forgo such a good deal.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:49 AM
Reaction score
avidtest-

I don't want the snorkel not BFJ tyres - so I took the Station Wagon and added all the other Trialmaster features (plus a few extras that would be payable for a Trialmaster too) and the price is almost exactly the same, within $150.

Local time
Reaction score
Well hell, that's the way to go then. Can't see prices on the USA site yet. I was thinking there would be a meaningful discount on the Trialmaster vs. standard unit configured similarly.

But what about the jacket?  ?

MTNDOG

Production/Transit
Local time
7:49 AM
Reaction score
Yep, would like to be able to remove the snorkel and the BFGs from the Trialmaster. Dont need the snorkel and dont want the BFGs. 

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:49 AM
Reaction score
I want the raised air intake for the dust which is a constant problem when it isn't raining.
I like the BFG but don't see myself wearing the jacket, it's been a long time since I last had a 6 pack needed to wear a jacket like that
Pretty much got the whole carton now.

Lars

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'm confused about your question.  If you spec. the Grenadier Version vs. Trialmaster, you can select exactly what options you get.  It is a blank canvas.

Local time
Reaction score
Lars, I'd read somewhere that the combo of options incorporated into the Trialmaster were less expensive than if spec'ed individually on the generic version. No idea if that's actually the case since I cannot see USA pricing.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
3:49 PM
Reaction score
It is. Rough pack saves almost the entire price of the BFGs alone.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
FYI.

Re: Snorkel accessory- I asked INEOS if it can be fitted at a later stage without metal cutting.

Answer: yes - the bottom of the snorkel replaces the small air intake on the right front panel.

G-Man

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
2:49 PM
Reaction score
Speccing my own SW on the configurator was great. I wanted something in between the two Belstaff editions: A Trialmaster minus the snorkel/auxiliary power/utility belt and with safari windows/leather added. It actually came in at ~£500 less than the £59k starting price for the two Belstaff versions. 

Have to live without the waxed jacket of course ?

My only niggling concern is what the rear bench seat configuration will look like in the SW, as by all accounts it's shifted a couple of inches forward and is a little more upright than in the Belstaff versions in order to maximize the rear loadspace. I can't imagine it'll be any worse than in my old 110.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
G-Man said:
Speccing my own SW on the configurator was great. I wanted something in between the two Belstaff editions: A Trialmaster minus the snorkel/auxiliary power/utility belt and with safari windows/leather added. It actually came in at ~£500 less than the £59k starting price for the two Belstaff versions. 

Have to live without the waxed jacket of course ?

My only niggling concern is what the rear bench seat configuration will look like in the SW, as by all accounts it's shifted a couple of inches forward and is a little more upright than in the Belstaff versions in order to maximize the rear loadspace. I can't imagine it'll be any worse than in my old 110.

Hi G-Man-

This is news to me. I also "built-up" a SW rather than the Trialmaster for similar reasons.

Do you know if there some information on this rear seat issue or were you read it as I didn't know the placement was different across the three models?

G-Man

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Mark Evans  grenadierboy userid=8954799 postid=1332667158]

Do you know if there some information on this rear seat issue or were you read it as I didn't know the placement was different across the three models?[/QUOTE]

Hi Mark,

The website points out: 'The standard five-seat Grenadier Station Wagon is certified as a commercial vehicle and is fitted with a cargo barrier, to provide the optimum balance between payload and passenger carrying capability. In our two Belstaff editions, emphasis is slightly more on passenger comfort than loadspace capacity, with more knee room for second row passengers compared with the standard 5-seater.'

If you look up the 'Loading Capacity' charts on page 42 of the brochure you'll see the floor behind the SW 2nd row seats is 1064mm (W) x1064mm (D) vs 1064mm (W) x 983mm (D) for the Belstaff Versions. If you use the website configurator to view the rear load space and the back seats of the two versions it's fairly obvious the SW rear bench is shuffled forwards slightly. If you spec a half height cargo barrier for the Belstaff version you can see it sits in a different position to the cargo barrier that's fitted as standard for the SW.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I found an answer in the "Station Wagon v. Commercial Wagon" sub- section in "Genadier Chat"

The second row bench seat in the COMMERCIAL version is more upright and slightly more forward (70mm?) compared to the Station Wagon to provide a little bit more cargo carrying space.

I then stands to reason that all three versions of the Station Wagon (Base, Trialmaster & Fieldmaster) have exactly the same rear seat set-up.

G-Man

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Mark Evans  grenadierboy userid=8954799 postid=1332667409]I found an answer in the "Station Wagon v. Commercial Wagon" sub- section in "Genadier Chat"

The second row bench seat in the COMMERCIAL version is more upright and slightly more forward (70mm?) compared to the Station Wagon to provide a little bit more cargo carrying space.

I then stands to reason that all three versions of the Station Wagon (Base, Trialmaster & Fieldmaster) have exactly the same rear seat set-up.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't make much sense, as the commercial version is a 2-seater! As far as I can tell the only versions with a 2nd row are the SW and the Belstaffs

G-Man

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
It's subtle but you can definitely see the cargo barrier sits ~3" further back in the Belstaff versions. In the SW the seats and barrier are in line with the C door pillar, but in the Belstaff version the seats are further back and the cargo barrier sits across the end of the rear side windows.

Back
Top Bottom