The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Tremec - Transfer Case

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:35 PM
Reaction score
My Vin is XXXXX...XXX901 and transfer case S00510
Just shows there's no apparent pattern to the allocation, I have a VIN just lower than yours but a transfer case serial number of 2143.

Reactions: PBD

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I think they still are.

One explanation was only the first swaps were for new cases; the old boxes were being rebuilt and then used as replacement on an exchange basis.

Greasemonkey

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:35 PM
Reaction score
When handed over, my vehicle had already clocked up 150 km, which suggests that it has been extensively tested. The vehicle runs well and apart from the usual software problems there are no abnormalities. Switching from high to low is also possible. When driving on local forest paths in Low (approx. 30 km/h) there was an extremely grinding noise from the area of the gearbox on an incline of approx. 15%. I've tried it several times now on such inclines. Every time this noise occurs both in low and in high. It disappears as soon as the slope decreases or on the flat. Sometimes it's louder and sometimes quieter. It's definitely coming from the gearbox area and it's not the noise that the diesel makes between 1700 and 2000 rpm. I have the feeling, that the noise comes as soon as there is a little more load on the transmission. Has anyone else had this experience?

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:35 PM
Reaction score
When handed over, my vehicle had already clocked up 150 km, which suggests that it has been extensively tested. The vehicle runs well and apart from the usual software problems there are no abnormalities. Switching from high to low is also possible. When driving on local forest paths in Low (approx. 30 km/h) there was an extremely grinding noise from the area of the gearbox on an incline of approx. 15%. I've tried it several times now on such inclines. Every time this noise occurs both in low and in high. It disappears as soon as the slope decreases or on the flat. Sometimes it's louder and sometimes quieter. It's definitely coming from the gearbox area and it's not the noise that the diesel makes between 1700 and 2000 rpm. I have the feeling, that the noise comes as soon as there is a little more load on the transmission. Has anyone else had this experience?
Not ok, take it back

Greasemonkey

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have already informed the dealer. But the initial reaction is the same as always when the customer complains about a noise. The problem is that the slopes at the dealership are not that steep. I will now document the experiments several times with my cell phone. You can hear the sound from there.

Local time
Reaction score
Does the noise go away when the center diff lock is engaged? Cables may require adjustment. Had this issue on cable shift trucks a few times with cable incorrectly adjusted and selector linkage on transmission not positioned correctly in the detents.

Greasemonkey

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
No, it doesn't make a difference, but I'll double-check that as well.

Voader - Oudersopzwier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Your vehicle must be nearly older than your transfer case - do you know if this is a swapped out transfer case?
No, not that I am aware of. But I bought it on the 15 of June after my test ride at my dealer. It was there, free. Not sold. So I said, "It's a wrap, I take it". It was the only one they had available for sale. So I guess it was one of the early produced cars from the Hambach parking lot, that at a certain point they just shipped to their dealerships. After conversion to a two seater, I have it on the road since the 24 of August. Super happy with it. Almost 5000km on the ODO now. No complaints except for the normale software hick-ups that everybody has.

Back
Top Bottom