The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Tremec - Transfer Case

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:50 PM
Reaction score
Anything can be built well anywhere. It is all down to the QC processes
I agree certainly with the first part of your statement, supervision of the parent company isn't a must. I have been active in Quality Management and Maintenance Management in my career, and I have seen that sometimes a subsidiary could provide better quality than the parent company, usually due to local Management being more stringent (better!).

I once was a keynote speaker on a conference in El Paso (USA; clean city, everything well organised) on Maintenance Management organised by a local consulting company (less than 20 participants) and visited a local steel company: a horror, dirty, safety issues, bad maintenance, ...

Some days later I did the same in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico, at the other side of the bridge in Spanish, noisy city, quite dirty, old cars, Latin America :love: . 150 participants at the conference. And I visited a local maquiladora (a factory in Mexico run by a foreign company and exporting its products to that company's country of origin), automotive sector: neat factory, well maintained, etc.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:50 AM
Reaction score
I agree certainly with the first part of your statement, supervision of the parent company isn't a must. I have been active in Quality Management and Maintenance Management in my career, and I have seen that sometimes a subsidiary could provide better quality than the parent company, usually due to local Management being more stringent (better!).

I once was a keynote speaker on a conference in El Paso (USA; clean city, everything well organised) on Maintenance Management organised by a local consulting company (less than 20 participants) and visited a local steel company: a horror, dirty, safety issues, bad maintenance, ...

Some days later I did the same in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico, at the other side of the bridge in Spanish, noisy city, quite dirty, old cars, Latin America :love: . 150 participants at the conference. And I visited a local maquiladora (a factory in Mexico run by a foreign company and exporting its products to that company's country of origin), automotive sector: neat factory, well maintained, etc.
Don’t disagree with that, but I guess the point is that it is incumbent on the contracting company to ensure the contracted company meets at least the standards they want to be known for by their customers, if they can do better then bonus, but you have to audit and verify

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:50 PM
Reaction score
The explanation I got was that on a batch of the cases the lubrication feed for low gear only may have been drilled at an incorrect angle. Faulty cases could be identified by driving in low gear for around 15 km as if there was an issue it would appear within 800m. Regardless, all cases in that batch are going to be changed when available whether they pass the test or not.
How are they identifying the batch of cases or is it more a batch of low gears that have gone a random selection of cases?

Rab

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Don’t know the detail but it must be by serial number as not every case has to be tested.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Sorry... if I drive for around 15km then what's the 800m distance?
I thought they drove the 15km in high range, warmed the transfer case thoroughly, changed to low range and then any issue was apparent within a short distance (800m?).

McPharmer II

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
As my transfer case is leaking at the oil-plug i´d like to maintain the oil level.
Does anybody know, which oil is recommended for the Tremec transfer case?
I´ve also mailed Tremec support, but i´m afraid they will not answer.

Local time
Reaction score
As my transfer case is leaking at the oil-plug i´d like to maintain the oil level.
Engine & Oils.pngI think the firm that makes the power steering fluid has been taken over so double check that.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My standard question "Do you have a photo you can share?"

Is it the fill or drain one?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I can understand that as a quite literal stop gap measure; but are you talking to the agent about a cause and a more permanent remedy?

McPharmer II

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
When I picked up the car, the agent confirmed the problem. When the aditional gear is ready to be build on, I'll force a proper solution.

Bobby Mac

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
  • Trade between the US and Mexico reached $263 billion during the first four months of this year.
  • That pushed Mexico past China and Canada as its top trade partner since the start of the pandemic.
Must be all those Ineos Grenadier transfer cases‼️🤣
Didn’t think when i said that, did I? I would assume the transfer cases would go from Mexico to France??? Anyway, good on USA - I wish Aus wasn’t so reliant on China.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
  • Trade between the US and Mexico reached $263 billion during the first four months of this year.
  • That pushed Mexico past China and Canada as its top trade partner since the start of the pandemic.
Must be all those Ineos Grenadier transfer cases‼️🤣
That's the success of the USA-Mexico Maquiladora program which has been running for just over 60 yrs....

Back
Top Bottom