The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Tremec - Transfer Case

Voader - Oudersopzwier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:53 AM
Reaction score
I'll get there eventually...

So that transfer case wasn't made until after your vehicle came off the production line, so the chances are it's a replacement.
Or there were transfer cases missing that moment. So they produced in pieces and bits over time. Adding the missing stuff later? Or indeed switched somewhere down the line the old one for this one. Doesn’t matter, it drives just fine.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
11:53 AM
Reaction score
Forgot the smiley: 🥳

255/85

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
2:53 AM
Reaction score
Just want to report that I have a 2024 US Gren with 2000 miles that has developed a transfer case leak. Repair or replacement is pending.

Where on the case is it leaking? i.e. input from transmission, front output, rear output, seam?

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:53 AM
Reaction score
Where on the case is it leaking? i.e. input from transmission, front output, rear output, seam?
They said “output shaft seal” needs replacement. I don’t know if it’s front or back. Based on where I saw the leak coming from, my guess is front.

255/85

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
2:53 AM
Reaction score
They said “output shaft seal” needs replacement. I don’t know if it’s front or back. Based on where I saw the leak coming from, my guess is front.
Easy fix. Even new seals can go bad straight out of the box. I had an inner axle seal go bad within a 1000 miles on a new truck once. The whole front axle had to come apart. It's been over 200K leak free miles since then.

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:53 AM
Reaction score
Easy fix. Even new seals can go bad straight out of the box. I had an inner axle seal go bad within a 1000 miles on a new truck once. The whole front axle had to come apart. It's been over 200K leak free miles since then.
Appreciate the knowledge and encouragement

Back
Top Bottom