The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Transfer Case recall/replacement.

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:30 PM
Reaction score
My transfer case was replaced when it went for a four week overhaul. Get an awful thump from both the front and rear diff lockers when they disengage, I can feel the thump through the seat! No rear wash either. Reported faults to same contacts over a week ago and they have just deffed me!

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My transfer case was replaced when it went for a four week overhaul. Get an awful thump from both the front and rear diff lockers when they disengage, I can feel the thump through the seat! No rear wash either. Reported faults to same contacts over a week ago and they have just deffed me!
that doesn't sound right. while my high/low change is very stiff and still requires some small movement forward/backwards in neutral the locking/unlocking of the central and cross diffs has no real perceptible sound or feel..... Hope they sort it out asap for you.

acwiltshire

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
12:30 PM
Reaction score
I hear a sloshing sound also. It is not the fuel tank?
If it's in the sill how does one release it?
Its not fuel for sure. I have no idea how IA will convince me it is dried out . A conversation for next week !

Reactions: PBD

beg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think its fuel as I've checked the sills which are dry and it only happens after my fuel goes below half .

Hitchedprawn

Production/Transit
Local time
6:30 PM
Reaction score
I have just ordered mine (albeit off the stock in the lot) and now being told that they are waiting for parts for a recall on the transfer case (amongst other things). Whats the normal turnaround for replacement parts?

I should add - my experience to date has been horrendous.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have just ordered mine (albeit off the stock in the lot) and now being told that they are waiting for parts for a recall on the transfer case (amongst other things). Whats the normal turnaround for replacement parts?

I should add - my experience to date has been horrendous.
I am surprised that you have now ordered a Grenadier and that it is affected by a recall regarding the transfer case. As far as I know, all gearboxes currently being delivered are OK. Only for the first deliveries INEOS wants to make sure that there is no damage and is replacing the gearboxes as a precaution. So far, I am not aware of any gearbox that has disassembled itself.

Hitchedprawn

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
I am surprised that you have now ordered a Grenadier and that it is affected by a recall regarding the transfer case. As far as I know, all gearboxes currently being delivered are OK. Only for the first deliveries INEOS wants to make sure that there is no damage and is replacing the gearboxes as a precaution. So far, I am not aware of any gearbox that has disassembled itself.
Thanks Rovie - I have my doubts about the veracity of what I'm being told. I have had no news from the dealer and only when I showed up to the service center to ask for information did I get a call back mentioning this as an issue.. maybe my "new" Grenadier is not so new? Well its definitely not a made to order one as it was already in the showroom last week so maybe its been sat in the lot waiting for a buyer to come along..
What annoys me is that if the issue was known - then I should have really been made aware of it and it should have been dealt with before the car was sold.

I have a call tomorrow with the head of the service center so will update this thread then.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks Rovie - I have my doubts about the veracity of what I'm being told. I have had no news from the dealer and only when I showed up to the service center to ask for information did I get a call back mentioning this as an issue.. maybe my "new" Grenadier is not so new? Well its definitely not a made to order one as it was already in the showroom last week so maybe its been sat in the lot waiting for a buyer to come along..
What annoys me is that if the issue was known - then I should have really been made aware of it and it should have been dealt with before the car was sold.

I have a call tomorrow with the head of the service center so will update this thread then.
Yes, I would definitely confront him. Unfortunately, I can't tell you up to which serial number the gearboxes are replaced as a precaution. I don't think the dealer knows that either. This is because the dealers only receive the relevant chassis numbers during recall campaigns and then contact the owners. Have a look at the chassis number of your vehicle and, if possible, other vehicles in the yard to see if they are in the same order of magnitude.

Hitchedprawn

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score

Needless to say, they never rang

Back
Top Bottom