The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Trailer Electrics

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:11 AM
Reaction score
NATO because it screws shut has a higher amp rating and is robust possibly use it for jump starting winching etc
Not when your trailer and caravan use an Anderson plug, like most other cars in Australia. Having all three gives you flexibility. If you get stuck remotely a third party may need to tow your trailer/caravan out, and they will not have a NATO plug.

I travel alone in very remote parts of Australia, so I need to plan with redundancy and flexibility in mind. I am not saying others have to follow suit, but it is another option.

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:11 PM
Reaction score
I'll seek to replace the NATO socket with a flush-mount 175A Anderson socket, and thereafter use a cable with Anderson 175A plug to Anderson 50A socket.

Last edited:
Local time
8:11 PM
Reaction score
I'll seek to replace the NATO socket with a flush-mount 175A Anderson socket, and thereafter use a cable with Anderson 175A plug to Anderson 50A socket.
Heard so many complaints about Anderson plugs getting crap in them but I guess it’s a lot wetter in UK

Back
Top Bottom