The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

3rd party Videos Trademark Infringement: INEOS Grenadier vs. Land Rover Defender | Trademark Screw-Ups

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
11:53 PM
Reaction score
Related - a fellow posted on Reddit that he asked an AI art program to design a new Defender, and this is what they came up with; I think the AI did a better job than the humans at JLR based only on the look:

i-ask-ai-what-the-new-land-rover-defender-should-have-v0-y9yii7lc8caa1.png

Fidei Defensor

Contract Signed
Local time
2:53 AM
Reaction score
All the above discussion avoids the elephant in the room (for the US introduction of the IG). What is going on with the US trademark that Ineos failed to oppose? Is this an ongoing problem that will resurface if/when Ineos actually do attempt to dring a true "commercially available" vehicle here. To date, there have been a bunch of prototypes. And a while back we were promised Road Test vehicles (presumably PTOs) here in February.
But after the initial email, I have seen nothing? Are we being kept in the dark because there is, in fact, an ongoing dispute getween JLR and Ineos? The fact that Ineos are delaying introduction of the Grenadier in the US market for over a year, when many ovderseas markets are being served, seems highly suspicious and disturbing.....
Maybe THIS is the question Ineos US needs to answer!

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:53 PM
Reaction score
All the above discussion avoids the elephant in the room (for the US introduction of the IG). What is going on with the US trademark that Ineos failed to oppose? Is this an ongoing problem that will resurface if/when Ineos actually do attempt to dring a true "commercially available" vehicle here. To date, there have been a bunch of prototypes. And a while back we were promised Road Test vehicles (presumably PTOs) here in February.
But after the initial email, I have seen nothing? Are we being kept in the dark because there is, in fact, an ongoing dispute getween JLR and Ineos? The fact that Ineos are delaying introduction of the Grenadier in the US market for over a year, when many ovderseas markets are being served, seems highly suspicious and disturbing.....
Maybe THIS is the question Ineos US needs to answer!
There may be many reasons why they are delaying the US launch but volume would be the largest Assuming that they had all approvals necessary for every market they would be stupid to try to launch globally at the same time.
I don't think any car company would do that.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
8:53 AM
Reaction score
Related - a fellow posted on Reddit that he asked an AI art program to design a new Defender, and this is what they came up with; I think the AI did a better job than the humans at JLR based only on the look:

i-ask-ai-what-the-new-land-rover-defender-should-have-v0-y9yii7lc8caa1.png
The car looks like it has the mumps.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:53 AM
Reaction score
Back
Top Bottom