The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Trackers & Dashcams

beanohallett

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:50 PM
Reaction score
Good afternoon, Folks,

Anyone got any recommendations/ experience for trackers and dashcams for the grenadier?

The one to get or the one to avoid !

Ta Garry

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
In UK the Insurance broker Adrian Flux suggested an S5 category tracker. I have the same standard on my motorcycle. Tells me where the vehicle is, where it’s been along with speeds attained. Battery level, all sorts. I pay around £60.00 per year for the monitoring.
Not as yet researched the dash cams although I do also have a fore & aft camera system on my motorcycle. Tiny cameras but 4k quality. Wouldn’t mind similar for my car.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
In UK the Insurance broker Adrian Flux suggested an S5 category tracker. I have the same standard on my motorcycle. Tells me where the vehicle is, where it’s been along with speeds attained. Battery level, all sorts. I pay around £60.00 per year for the monitoring.
Not as yet researched the dash cams although I do also have a fore & aft camera system on my motorcycle. Tiny cameras but 4k quality. Wouldn’t mind similar for my car.
Tks CC. Can you pls advise name of the tracker - I would like to fit something similar to the Grenny and £60 seems not excessive.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:50 PM
Reaction score
I fitted Blackvue 750 dual channel dashcams to both vehicles...Hyundai Santa Fe and Subaru Impreza. Install was straight forward. A very useful plastic trim remover was included in the box
Thankfully have not required their capabilities as yet. Downloaded several minutes of video to examine day/night and wet weather resolution....very impressive on all counts.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:50 PM
Reaction score
Re. the above post, I also have seen video from a friend's 900 series Blackvue. The difference in resolution wasn't sufficient to justify the increased cost. Given that the 750 series was still available and significantly cheaper it was a cost effective option.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Tks CC. Can you pls advise name of the tracker - I would like to fit something similar to the Grenny and £60 seems not excessive.
Tracker is from Scorpian Automotive. Not sure if for motorcycles only. Will contact them and see. Just checked my receipt and three years of monitoring came in at £220.00. Not far over the £60.00 per year I had in my head.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Tracker is from Scorpian Automotive. Not sure if for motorcycles only. Will contact them and see. Just checked my receipt and three years of monitoring came in at £220.00. Not far over the £60.00 per year I had in my head.
Tks vm. Will investigate

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I use a skytag tracker for the Defender. Easy to install. 3 levels of cover at £7.99/ month. ,£11.99/ month and £13.99/ month. I will investigate other trackers including the one from Scorpion Automotive for installation into my Grenadier .
A tracker brings peace of mind for me whilst away from home and when shipping the vehicle for overland travels. And also brings the benefit of cheaper insurance.
I wonder if as a forum we could get discounted rates ?

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:50 PM
Reaction score
This sounds like a quite reasonable pricing. Does anybody else use such a tracker?

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Any thoughts on whether a dash cam could be fitted behind the rear view mirror and then wired directly into the overhead control panel, to save have a lead hanging down to the 12v socket ?

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:50 AM
Reaction score
I will more likely than not swap out the rear view mirror for a self-dimming unit with a built-in cam IF I can tap in up top. Since the fuse box is in the back seat, that would be a pain to wire.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Any thoughts on whether a dash cam could be fitted behind the rear view mirror and then wired directly into the overhead control panel, to save have a lead hanging down to the 12v socket ?
That was my thinking, but hadn't got my head round yet how to deal with the bulkily 12v - 5v module, would it fit under the headliner

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Sorry really can’t remember the discount rate and sold the vehicles a few months back. Will probably put one in the Grenadier although not necessarily a skytag. Will be shopping around and going with insurer recommendations of approved trackers

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
2:50 PM
Reaction score
Have today visited my agent and met @Barney there. Was a nice afternoon where we could crawl under and into the Grenadier. We were alone in the showroom.

There is enough space between the back mirror and the wind screen to fit a dashcam.

Maybe I can show a photograph tomorrow.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Any updates on dash cams and the installation of?

Back
Top Bottom