Country Flags
Welcome back Guest think about enabling your country flag to let everyone know where you are based. Click on your username " Guest " or avatar at the top right of the screen and then 'Country Flag Select' pick your flag from the list. If your flag is not there then reach out...
The Grenadier Forum
Register a free account today, you'll be able to post, access to the Technical section of the site, access the classified ads, and participate in group buys as well as other benefits. If you are an INEOS Agent/Dealer please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account. Unsolicited sales by any 3rd party are strictly against the terms and conditions of the forum. If you wish to be a registered vendor or partner then please contact admin@theineosforum.com for further information.

Trackers & Dashcams

beanohallett

Contributor
Grenadier Ordered
Local time
10:32 AM
Reaction score
Country
United-Kingdom
Good afternoon, Folks,

Anyone got any recommendations/ experience for trackers and dashcams for the grenadier?

The one to get or the one to avoid !

Ta Garry

bigleonski

Contributor
Local time
8:32 PM
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I’ve always gone the cheap route with dashcams for some reason and in every case they were a short lived waste of money.
Blackvue are the good gear.

Cheshire cat

Contributor
Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Country
United-Kingdom
In UK the Insurance broker Adrian Flux suggested an S5 category tracker. I have the same standard on my motorcycle. Tells me where the vehicle is, where it’s been along with speeds attained. Battery level, all sorts. I pay around £60.00 per year for the monitoring.
Not as yet researched the dash cams although I do also have a fore & aft camera system on my motorcycle. Tiny cameras but 4k quality. Wouldn’t mind similar for my car.

ECrider

Active Contributor
Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Country
United-Kingdom
In UK the Insurance broker Adrian Flux suggested an S5 category tracker. I have the same standard on my motorcycle. Tells me where the vehicle is, where it’s been along with speeds attained. Battery level, all sorts. I pay around £60.00 per year for the monitoring.
Not as yet researched the dash cams although I do also have a fore & aft camera system on my motorcycle. Tiny cameras but 4k quality. Wouldn’t mind similar for my car.
Tks CC. Can you pls advise name of the tracker - I would like to fit something similar to the Grenny and £60 seems not excessive.

DenisM

Contributor
Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I fitted Blackvue 750 dual channel dashcams to both vehicles...Hyundai Santa Fe and Subaru Impreza. Install was straight forward. A very useful plastic trim remover was included in the box
Thankfully have not required their capabilities as yet. Downloaded several minutes of video to examine day/night and wet weather resolution....very impressive on all counts.

DenisM

Contributor
Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Re. the above post, I also have seen video from a friend's 900 series Blackvue. The difference in resolution wasn't sufficient to justify the increased cost. Given that the 750 series was still available and significantly cheaper it was a cost effective option.

Cheshire cat

Contributor
Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Country
United-Kingdom
Tks CC. Can you pls advise name of the tracker - I would like to fit something similar to the Grenny and £60 seems not excessive.
Tracker is from Scorpian Automotive. Not sure if for motorcycles only. Will contact them and see. Just checked my receipt and three years of monitoring came in at £220.00. Not far over the £60.00 per year I had in my head.

ECrider

Active Contributor
Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Country
United-Kingdom
Tracker is from Scorpian Automotive. Not sure if for motorcycles only. Will contact them and see. Just checked my receipt and three years of monitoring came in at £220.00. Not far over the £60.00 per year I had in my head.
Tks vm. Will investigate

Logsplitter

Contributor
Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Country
England
I use a skytag tracker for the Defender. Easy to install. 3 levels of cover at £7.99/ month. ,£11.99/ month and £13.99/ month. I will investigate other trackers including the one from Scorpion Automotive for installation into my Grenadier .
A tracker brings peace of mind for me whilst away from home and when shipping the vehicle for overland travels. And also brings the benefit of cheaper insurance.
I wonder if as a forum we could get discounted rates ?

bemax

Active Contributor
In Production
Local time
11:32 AM
Reaction score
Country
Germany
This sounds like a quite reasonable pricing. Does anybody else use such a tracker?

Logsplitter

Contributor
Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Country
England
Any thoughts on whether a dash cam could be fitted behind the rear view mirror and then wired directly into the overhead control panel, to save have a lead hanging down to the 12v socket ?

Krabby

Contributor
Reservation Holder
Local Group Moderator
Local time
5:32 AM
Reaction score
Country
United-States
I will more likely than not swap out the rear view mirror for a self-dimming unit with a built-in cam IF I can tap in up top. Since the fuse box is in the back seat, that would be a pain to wire.

Eric

Contributor
Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Country
United-Kingdom
Any thoughts on whether a dash cam could be fitted behind the rear view mirror and then wired directly into the overhead control panel, to save have a lead hanging down to the 12v socket ?
That was my thinking, but hadn't got my head round yet how to deal with the bulkily 12v - 5v module, would it fit under the headliner

Logsplitter

Contributor
Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Country
England
Sorry really can’t remember the discount rate and sold the vehicles a few months back. Will probably put one in the Grenadier although not necessarily a skytag. Will be shopping around and going with insurer recommendations of approved trackers

emax

Veteran Contributor
Grenadier Ordered
Local Group Moderator
Local time
11:32 AM
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Have today visited my agent and met @Barney there. Was a nice afternoon where we could crawl under and into the Grenadier. We were alone in the showroom.

There is enough space between the back mirror and the wind screen to fit a dashcam.

Maybe I can show a photograph tomorrow.

Top Bottom