The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Wifi Hotspot

JohnHeagney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:12 AM
Reaction score
Good afternoon All,

I was checking the output on my front and rear NextBase dashcams and spotted this Wifi Hotspot GRENADIER-7472AFO showing on my iPhone.

IMG_1310.jpeg

Does anybody know what this is for? I am not aware of a Sim card in the Grenadier although there is the Emergency call button that must communicate somehow.

I can’t spot any relevant section in the manual.

Or am I missing something…..

Thanks
John

Pauli

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:12 AM
Reaction score
1. Ist das WiFi / Hotspot nur für iPhone CarPlay?
2. Warum ist die verschlüsselt?
3. Gibt es eine Möglichkeit den Schlüssel zurück zusetzten und was kann man damit noch machen?

Ich habe ein GooglePhone mit Adroid 13.

1. Is the WiFi/Hotspot only for iPhone CarPlay?
2. Why is it encrypted?
3. Is there a way to reset the key and what else can you do with it?
I have a GooglePhone with Android 13.

Attachments

• WlanHotGren.png
    WlanHotGren.png
    156.1 KB · Views: 4

UncleBuck

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
4:12 AM
Reaction score
I don't have my truck yet. However the users manual says you can go to 'Settings' -> 'Communication' -> 'Wifi Hotspot Active and Visible' -> and review setting for the hot spot.

No idea what you can do past that point.

UncleBuck

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
4:12 AM
Reaction score
I am wondering if, having a phone paired to the vehicle, a local Wifi hotspot is established through the phone data to which small passengers in the rear seats can connect iPads and such? Would be a cool feature.

FieldMonster

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
9:12 AM
Reaction score
I am wondering if, having a phone paired to the vehicle, a local Wifi hotspot is established through the phone data to which small passengers in the rear seats can connect iPads and such? Would be a cool feature.
That would be nice but I think Khalfan323 has it correct in post #2 above. It’s just an option for doing CarPlay / Android Auto using WiFi rather than Bluetooth. My son was slightly disappointed that connecting to the vehicle WiFi didn’t magically give him an internet connection from the back seat. 😀

Back
Top Bottom