The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Towing small trailer with 13 pin electrics.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:57 PM
Reaction score
I towed my small trailer for the first time today and found something odd and interesting, I don't believe it is a fault/issue but I am curious if anybody else has experienced it. The vehicle is fitted with the factory installed 13 pin electrics (UK/EU version) . (Vehicle built with 1946 software). My other trailer/horseboxes all have 13 pin electrics and are fitted with reversing lights. My small trailer 0.75T single axle only has 7 pin wiring and therefore no reversing lights.
When I engage reverse with the small trailer attached, I get the message " Trailer Lights Error". as soon as I disengage reverse gear it disappears. I assume the vehicle is energising the reversing light pin, there being nothing attached is flagging up the error message.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:57 PM
Reaction score
I towed my small trailer for the first time today and found something odd and interesting, I don't believe it is a fault/issue but I am curious if anybody else has experienced it. The vehicle is fitted with the factory installed 13 pin electrics (UK/EU version) . (Vehicle built with 1946 software). My other trailer/horseboxes all have 13 pin electrics and are fitted with reversing lights. My small trailer 0.75T single axle only has 7 pin wiring and therefore no reversing lights.
When I engage reverse with the small trailer attached, I get the message " Trailer Lights Error". as soon as I disengage reverse gear it disappears. I assume the vehicle is energising the reversing light pin, there being nothing attached is flagging up the error message.
Yes, I can confirm that. I also have a small, old single-axle trailer. I get the same message. All the lights on the trailer work. So I simply ignored the message.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I get the same error message. But I haven't been able to take care of it yet
I don't think there is anything to take care of. It appears to be doing its function of checking the reversing circuit. If you tow a small trailer it is just something we will have to put up with. I suspect the majority of Grenadier owners will spend their time towing the bigger trailers with reversing lights when that circuit tester will be needed.

JonSutton

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Same message on mine, just a check cycle on the reversing lights.

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:57 AM
Reaction score
I get the same error when reversing both my camper trailer and box trailer. Reversing lights aren’t common seen on trailers here in Oz.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom