The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Tire orientation: White letters out/white letters in?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
11:58 AM
Reaction score
-kickoff coverages history of the 32 in 32- GIF
Sometimes it pays not to ask the butcher what he used
And better still , not get the answer and tell your BBQ guests what spare parts were used.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:58 PM
Reaction score
Sometimes it pays not to ask the butcher what he used
And better still , not get the answer and tell your BBQ guests what spare parts were used.
I’m not sure how many on the forum have seen the movie that clip is from. It’s an 80s movie called The Great Outdoors and in it they refer to hot dogs being made of “lips and assholes.”

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The real conundrum is that whatever you have on the wheels (white letters in or white letters out) the spare is the opposite, and exposed! That's what really messes with my OCD.
Original Defenders had the rear mounted spare wheel on an extended bracket so the outside face was the same which I liked until I discovered that's why all Defender rear door hinges would sag.

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’m not sure how many on the forum have seen the movie that clip is from. It’s an 80s movie called The Great Outdoors and in it they refer to hot dogs being made of “lips and assholes.”
The “Old 96er”…

“But there is nothing left but fat and grissle….”

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:58 AM
Reaction score
Seems there's an extra menu choice if you go for the white lettering ~ do you want the whole of the letter done in white or just the outline? 👀
View attachment 7800608
Hm my combination is missing.. - 17" Alloy with BFG

GrenKRROrd.png

This is the picture on front of my order summary when I placed the order and paid the initial fee.

To me - I really do not care if "white" out, or black out, full white or just outlined. I will accept as is on delivery. Why shall bug me a few letters that do not rely on function and capability?

What will happen anyway - is they re gonna covered in mud anyway. - so what.
Once the BFG are worn out I perhaps go for another brand. Either the General Grabber as now ( and I am quite happy with traction, noise and wear) or bridgestone..

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Several years ago I bought a set of replacement Bridgestone A/T tyres. I was standing by in the workshop when the young tyre fitter asked the boss "white letters facing inside or outside?"
The boss cast a quick look in my direction and before I could reply he called back "inside!"
Later on he wandered over and quietly murmured " old barstards like us don't need to brag!" 😂😂😂

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:58 AM
Reaction score
What about gold plated lattes?
Got served this in a little country cafe today. Must be on trend down there.
I'd need gold plated cupholders if this became a habit.
View attachment 7800664
perhaps they found one of the gold willy wonker bars and in their excitement left a scrag in your mocha oat chai frothy latte

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
perhaps they found one of the gold willy wonker bars and in their excitement left a scrag in your mocha oat chai frothy latte
Yes on several levels it was poncy. But the coffee was good and I haven't suffered any heavy metal toxic symptoms so far.

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:58 AM
Reaction score
Many years ago my late mum thought she had the perfect answer to this conundrum. The lettering and to be fair the tyres themselves were well battered on my disco 2. She pointed out that they looked rough, I explained that it just wasn’t worth all the effort to remove the tyres from the wheels and turn them round. Just like Mr Mainwaring to Pike, she said “ stupid boy, just swap the wheels around from one side to the other!” God love her. Probably on the wrong thread!

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
just swap the wheels around from one side to the other!
Wouldn't help. The rims still have an inside and have thus to be turned as well. Letters outside again. :cool:

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
What about gold plated lattes?
Got served this in a little country cafe today. Must be on trend down there.
I'd need gold plated cupholders if this became a habit.
View attachment 7800664
To maintain your understatement, the gold should be inside.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The real conundrum is that whatever you have on the wheels (white letters in or white letters out) the spare is the opposite, and exposed! That's what really messes with my OCD.
Original Defenders had the rear mounted spare wheel on an extended bracket so the outside face was the same which I liked until I discovered that's why all Defender rear door hinges would sag.

Many years ago my late mum thought she had the perfect answer to this conundrum. The lettering and to be fair the tyres themselves were well battered on my disco 2. She pointed out that they looked rough, I explained that it just wasn’t worth all the effort to remove the tyres from the wheels and turn them round. Just like Mr Mainwaring to Pike, she said “ stupid boy, just swap the wheels around from one side to the other!” God love her. Probably on the wrong thread!
It's like an American politician said, we can travel to the sun safely as long as we do it at night.

Back
Top Bottom