The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Tire orientation: White letters out/white letters in?

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
11:16 AM
Reaction score
The configurator (at least in Australia) is currently showing white lettering out for 17” wheels (both steel and alloy) and white lettering in for 18” wheels (both steel and alloy). We are, of course, only referring to the BFG tyres.

A recent chat with someone from INEOS led me to believe that all production vehicles would arrive with white lettering in, which is definitely my preference.

PanoramaJJ

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:16 AM
Reaction score
I will do like @emax : just keep it as I get it. Perhaps I will switch the 5 tyres (tires) after some 10.000 km like I did in the past, and then I can still change it.
Yes, I agree. I will switch the tires once, too - and - perhaps - take 315/70-17 or so... they will be so big, that you don´t recognize whether the white letters are in or out - you will jump beside when I´m coming! :cool:

Local time
9:16 PM
Reaction score
when I had my 1976 CJ-7 Jeep Renegade with the Levi's interior. Of course it had white rims. To match the white jeep with black hard top. Goodyear Tracker A/T with the white lettering out... It was a given back then...

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:16 AM
Reaction score
Seems there's an extra menu choice if you go for the white lettering ~ do you want the whole of the letter done in white or just the outline? 👀
Screenshot_20210930_070151_com.android.chrome.jpg

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just an interesting observation: the 17s BFG have solid white letters whereas the 18s BFGs have white "outlined" letters.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just an interesting observation: the 17s BFG have solid white letters whereas the 18s BFGs have white "outlined" letters.
Yes, that was the basis of my comment on the headlight picture
I wonder how many people will want the option to have the raised white lettering, on the 17" tyres, but facing inwards not outwards?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
It's like the British guy who told me (a long time ago) that "highway" wasn't an English word, it should be "motorway". :unsure:
That's why I never drove in the USA ;)
In Tasmania we don't have "freeways" but only recently did I discover mainland Australia does.
We have drinking fountains in parks and schools , they have "bubblers".
Different country really.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:16 AM
Reaction score
In Tasmania we don't have "freeways" but only recently did I discover mainland Australia does.
I drove in Australia (2 days I think, or perhaps 3). I don't know where Tasmania is located :unsure: :ROFLMAO: ;)
(PS: I would have liked to go there, seriously!)

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
In the final configurator for countries outside the US (where I am), is there an option to select the orientation of the tires on the rims?
And what is theconsensus on preference: white lettering visible, or on the inside?
Personally, I have never owned a vehicle with the white lettering visible, and do not want to have to dismount five tires to re-orient them if my Grenadier comes with white letters on the outside!
Comments?
Should we ask Ineos to add the option of tire orientation to the configurator?
I assume when you chat with your delivery agent they can probably arrange your choice as part of the pre delivery. I have never had white out on previous vehicles, I has always seemed a bit lairy and not for me. But The Grenadier is a bit out there anyway and it seems to suit this vehicle. I am leaning towards the lairy option and hanging it all out.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Mate, my wife and I went into Rolf Vos supermarket and at the deli counter we asked for cocktail frankfurts.
She had no idea what we were talking about and said they don't have the.
As we could clearly see them we pointed them out to her.
She said "they are called little boys"
1673992786311.png

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Mate, my wife and I went into Rolf Vos supermarket and at the deli counter we asked for cocktail frankfurts.
She had no idea what we were talking about and said they don't have the.
As we could clearly see them we pointed them out to her.
She said "they are called little boys"
View attachment 7800630
Yep or cheerios if you are being polite

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Tis true. Full of eyelids and a-holes they are! Yet people still gobblem up!
-kickoff coverages history of the 32 in 32- GIF

Back
Top Bottom