The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Tire orientation: White letters out/white letters in?

Fidei Defensor

Contract Signed
Local time
9:15 PM
Reaction score
In the final configurator for countries outside the US (where I am), is there an option to select the orientation of the tires on the rims?
And what is theconsensus on preference: white lettering visible, or on the inside?
Personally, I have never owned a vehicle with the white lettering visible, and do not want to have to dismount five tires to re-orient them if my Grenadier comes with white letters on the outside!
Comments?
Should we ask Ineos to add the option of tire orientation to the configurator?

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
In the final configurator for countries outside the US (where I am), is there an option to select the orientation of the tires on the rims?
And what is theconsensus on preference: white lettering visible, or on the inside?
Personally, I have never owned a vehicle with the white lettering visible, and do not want to have to dismount five tires to re-orient them if my Grenadier comes with white letters on the outside!
Comments?
No option AFAIK, but it should be.

As for a consensus, there's some chatter in this thread: THREAD Personally, I am on the fence if I am honest. Haven't had letters out in years (my late 80s Chevy S10 Blazer had white-lettered Hoosier tires on it) but they're growing on me.

JonSutton

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:15 AM
Reaction score
White inside for all covers except full whitewall tyres in my view.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
White inside for all covers except full whitewall tyres in my view.
Screen%2BShot%2B2014-07-07%2Bat%2B9.35.54%2BAM.jpg

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
3:15 AM
Reaction score
Though I agree with the sillyness of the topic, the spelling doesn't seem to be wrong:

Screenshot_20230117_162746.png

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:15 AM
Reaction score
Comments?
No there isn't.
Local tyre shop would change them for you for $50

PanoramaJJ

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
White letters out - white letters in... Hmm!
My first Toyota had the white letters out - I liked it. I cleaned the white letters with a spray (rim cleaner) - it was easy.
My second Toyota - I wanted a change - and so I have got the white letters in...
but now, after almost ten years, I think, I will "wear" the white letters out again!
SEE YOU! ;)

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Even if I turn out to not like the white, I will hold off some and wait to buy some alloys I really like and swap those tires from the steelies. Then, I'll get some MTRs or something for the steelies on the weekends.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:15 AM
Reaction score
One more inconvenience that could easily be avoided!
I have owned many cars and I can't recall ever having a discussion with the car company about which way the writing faces on the tyres.
I don't recall it ever being an option on any of them.
I also don't remember ever caring

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
In.......... will call by the tyre shop on the way home straight after the dealership handover!!
I will do like @emax : just keep it as I get it. Perhaps I will switch the 5 tyres (tires) after some 10.000 km like I did in the past, and then I can still change it.

Back
Top Bottom