The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

The Please Ask INEOS thread

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
6:22 AM
Reaction score
With all the conversation about battery placement, powertrain and seating amongst other juicy topics perhaps there's space for a 'please ask INEOS thread' for the community.

As we know not everyone has seen the Grenadier or will see it before production starts, we know there are a lot of questions about this and that which all of the YouTube videos in the world can't answer. So how about having an ongoing list of questions that we can't work out as a community. That way if and when the next one of us gets to see the Gren in person we can go straight to the horses mouth.

Kiwirich

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:22 AM
Reaction score
Is there going to be a cellular antenna installed  ?
Like a sharkfin ?
Cabled to the centerconsole ?
To use your cell phone for Nav etc, it needs coverage. Mount it on the dash ? In the console ?

MarksGrenadier

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
I would like to see them separate the rims from the tire choices in the configurator so we can spec any rim and then add the BFG TA II to that rim.  Right now the mag wheels do not have a choice for the more aggressive BFG's which I run on my current vehicle.  very happy with that tire and prefer to get that with a 17" mag wheel.

d1rty

Reservation Holder
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Second the BFGs on alloys.

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I will third that choice.  I have been on BFGs for 15 years on various vehicles.  That or a Cooper ST Maxx

grenadierguy

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
7:22 AM
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=mark Gordine  MarksGrenadier userid=8535393 postid=1331494851]I would like to see them separate the rims from the tire choices in the configurator so we can spec any rim and then add the BFG TA II to that rim.  Right now the mag wheels do not have a choice for the more aggressive BFG's which I run on my current vehicle.  very happy with that tire and prefer to get that with a 17" mag wheel.[/QUOTE]

Completely agree. We should be able to pick rim and tyre independently! Personally don't want to pay for the alloys lol.

MarksGrenadier

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
Please add the Aussie bull bar option to the USA configurator and include a tow hook as a standard part of the vehicle.  Why would we have to pay extra to make the vehicle capable of towing a trailer.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
1:22 PM
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=mark Gordine  MarksGrenadier userid=8535393 postid=1331510501]Please add the Aussie bull bar option to the USA configurator and include a tow hook as a standard part of the vehicle.  Why would we have to pay extra to make the vehicle capable of towing a trailer.[/QUOTE]

As far as I'm aware, all grenadiers will have a tow bar set In the rear bumper as standard

Local time
8:22 AM
Reaction score
Would like to see Ineos partner with a tool company like Milwaukee etc. and package a toolkit set in a hard case or a bag that include all the bits including Xmm sockets whether they are hex, torx, X-spine that we need to do maintenance, basic repairs or mods. Will be nice if it comes with the car but I'd be happy to pay for it as an option too. 

Bushguide

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Why not add the option to have a Duel battery factory fitted to cater for additional equipment such as fridge freezers, usb ports and winches.

Moved sb

Paachi

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Happygolucky said:
Would like to see Ineos partner with a tool company like Milwaukee etc. and package a toolkit set in a hard case or a bag that include all the bits including Xmm sockets whether they are hex, torx, X-spine that we need to do maintenance, basic repairs or mods. Will be nice if it comes with the car but I'd be happy to pay for it as an option too. 

this is an excellent idea. While we are at it, I would love it if they could

1. Compile and/ or sell a list of tools for field repairs with good callouts on what can and can’t be repaired with said kit
2. Compile a full set of tools to fully maintain the Grenadier at home
3. Partner with a quality but not crazy expensive brand. Think Heyco or Wera and not Hazet or SnapOn

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Happygolucky said:

This is a neat idea. I've done this manually with all of my adventure rigs by essentially focussing on maintenance at home, and whatever tools I use in maintenance get added to a list. Next time I'm at the tool shop, I'll get a duplicate of whatever I need for the tool bag. The downside to this approach is it takes a while before the kit gets built - in my current truck, I still bring a full set of wrenches and sockets, even though I've had it for 2-3 years, because of the lockdowns I've not put many miles on it and thus not done much maintenance. Being able to skip the development stage would be great and just grab the "do it all" kit with the rig.

If Ineos don't do this, this forum would be a great spot to build a "Master Tool" list. A few hundred bucks at max and a trip to Princess Auto or Harbour Freight would set a person up nicely. 

Back in the day, cars came with proper tool kits. Now it seems even tire changing equipment is sparse and useless - the jack on my Jeep Rubicon, even at full extension, was not enough to change a tire without a block underneath!

Ovrland Bill

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Many of us plan to install two-way radios in the Grenadier. One big thing needed is provision for mounting antennas on the roof and routing their cables to the interior.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Ovrland said:
Many of us plan to install two-way radios in the Grenadier. One big thing needed is provision for mounting antennas on the roof and routing their cables to the interior.

Should be easier than the defender and the jeep, as the grenadier will have more steel in the bodywork than the defender, and no composite roof like the wrangler.

Ovrland Bill

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
While many accessories, such as two-way radios, can be installed after-the-fact with “workarounds”, this is a chance for Ineos to design-in needed provisions. Consider, for example, the existing heavy duty wiring and switchgear option that will make later installation of winches, refrigerators and exterior lighting much easier and ‘cleaner’.

Local time
Reaction score
The better companies are paying a lot of attention to the 'core' group of enthusiasts, rather than catering to the 'soccer mom' set...Companies like Jeep, with the marketing and distribution of the new JL, have finally woken up to the reality that there's a lot of profit in premarket concept and OEM aftermarket parts and design...Why is a Diesel version, or 35" tires finally available directly from the manufacturer for the new Jeep JL...? Because Jeep started listening to their 'core' market...Will Ineos learn from others?

HouseMD

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=William Ruttan  Ovrland userid=8372427 postid=1331539425]Many of us plan to install two-way radios in the Grenadier. One big thing needed is provision for mounting antennas on the roof and routing their cables to the interior.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Will be installing, but we do HAM rather than 2 way. Would be nice to have some forethought in the design for these type of installs.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
On a side note, there’s a section in the individual profile for HAM call signs now. 
Yep, I think a HAM radio will be going in mine. Together with a cellphone booster to persuade the wife to get out more. I know not ideal but it all helps. 

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
HAM user here, though I have to admit for modern emergency communications, it's extremely hard to beat the Garmin InReach system. I recently spent some time in the Amazon rainforest and it was my only method of communication and it worked flawlessly even with dense jungle cover. And, whereas with HAM there's no confirmation of anyone listening (unless they verbally report back), the confirmation of messages sent via InReach are nice.

But, HAM is also super handy in less emergent situations or in convoys. 

My hope is some room in/around the dash to install all these things fairly easily in a hard mount fashion; most of the time these kinds of accessories are mounted to plastic but as others have said, a dedicated space for hard mounts of electronics in the cockpit would be great forethought.

Manuel4x4

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Hello, it would be good if the winch had a built-in compressor like the warn models.
There doesn't seem to be much room in the engine compartment to fit a compressor

Back
Top Bottom