The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

The INEOS forum store

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:20 AM
Reaction score
The more you get seen in the wild and be given a CC, you will eventually need a way to display it.
Maybe an IG breakfast grill

View attachment 7854419
I like car badges, but today I don't think anyone fix them onto their vehicle anymore. I have them on the grill of my Series 2a Land Rover and even my Defender had them.

Local time
10:20 AM
Reaction score
I think this is dreadful.
It's American, where people feel the need to prove that they 'belong' to a thing and is often associated with those looking to create an assertion of control over others.
Hells Angles have badges.
School children often get a 'reward badge' for going to school. They get these badges for good behaviour in the classroom and for other activities that used to be part of 'normal' behaviour.

The British forces got medals for being part of a campaign during times of war.
They suffered.
These days (it appears) you can get a medal because you bought a particular type of car.
Well you don't 'get one' (you have to buy it) but you only get one if you are a part of the tribe.
if you have been 'authorised' by mein leader.
It's clique behaviour.
We will probably be asked to stand outside and clap on the day the first Grenadier left the factory or was delivered to the first customer, there will likely be a parade organised to join in with other worthysome events like 'thanksgiving' or 'independace day' (how ironic).

Of course this is just my opinion.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
7:20 PM
Reaction score
Porsche and Mercedes offered achievement badges in the 50s.
You had to get beyond 100,000km from memory, at least with a 356
500,000km in a Grenadier would be an achievement worthy of a signature on a postcard from the king or queen.

Local time
10:20 AM
Reaction score
Porsche and Mercedes offered achievement badges in the 50s.
You had to get beyond 100,000km from memory, at least with a 356

See, they suffered too :giggle:

500,000km in a Grenadier would be an achievement worthy of a signature on a postcard from the king or queen.

I'm not sure there will be any Royalty left by then ... the cars will still be around though.

Back
Top Bottom