The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

The Hunters Corner Rod n Gun Club Topics

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:57 PM
Reaction score
On request to serve the hunters, fish lovers with a discussion thread I create this one.
The IG shall replace my current companion LR Disco in hunting ..
Other companions are a Blaser R8, Swarovski Scope, a Suppressor in .308 Win with focus on boar.. sus scrofus..
The real wild pig not the pest of former domestic hog in southern US.. also I try to keep raccoon at bay as thy are attack amphibious life forms and ground breeding birds..

happy discussion..
like to hear what you do.. recipes.. issues.. hunting dogs, night vision, transportation of firearms in IG. Or what ever you are interested in.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
In Australia you can hunt camels without a licence to hunt, if I am not wrong, but I am not a hunter and don't want to become.
Congrats for opening this thread, but I will not follow it :)

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Starting one thing that is bugging me since a while.. the IG roof racks are discussed already elsewhere .. As the high load capability of roof I think it could be used as a high hide temporary.. so fold up, put a chair and a gun rest there..
in German law it’s not permitted to shoot from inside a vehicle or vehicle in motion but you could use the vehicle as gun support .. Wonder what construction could be used to create a mobile high hide..

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’ll have a catapult in the glove box for the varmits. Bloody cost of steel ball bearings these days!
Whats the regulation in Scotland now? There were attempts to even regulate low power air rifle. A friend of mine hunts up there with a crossbow. slings with support and steel balls are illegal in Germany

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
...how about a roof tent?
perhaps I explain this a bit.. Wild boar goes in corn crops.. in particular when corn is soft n sweet. To shoot it’s always required to make sure the bullet gets catched by ground / soil and cannot fly uncontrollably.
And it’s not always possible to place a high seat or position on all sides of crop.
Boar can smell easy on 800yds .. and sometimes it’s difficult to guess on what way thy re approach so a seat that can be turned and allows proper moving and aiming would support.. a tent with to many holes would prevent this.. so when I am on the look out for boar, spending most of time at thermal vision I need to turn almost 360 ..
not that easy..

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:57 AM
Reaction score
In Australia you can hunt camels without a licence to hunt, if I am not wrong, but I am not a hunter and don't want to become.
Congrats for opening this thread, but I will not follow it :)
There isn't a hunters license in Australia that I am aware of.
To shoot you need a gun license for the type of gun you you will use and proof that you have a place that is at least 40 acres that you can use it on
You can be an invited visitor but need that in writing.
Professional feral animal control shooters can use M16 style rifles as they often shoot from helicopters but these are very strictly controlled.

1672695429847.png1672695624867.png1672695712225.png1672695771021.png

Traffic

Reservation Holder
Local time
8:57 AM
Reaction score
@klarie curious how you like the .308 and what kind of ranges you usually see? I'm considering 6.5 Creedmoor or .308 Win for deer and other small game here in the western United States.

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:57 AM
Reaction score
Starting one thing that is bugging me since a while.. the IG roof racks are discussed already elsewhere .. As the high load capability of roof I think it could be used as a high hide temporary.. so fold up, put a chair and a gun rest there..
in German law it’s not permitted to shoot from inside a vehicle or vehicle in motion but you could use the vehicle as gun support .. Wonder what construction could be used to create a mobile high hide..
I don't know much about hunting but the Nakatanenga roof racks look like a really stable base for a hide, I believe they are German as well? Their CargoBear range has some interesting options for the Defender, seems logical they will have something similar for the Grenadier.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:57 PM
Reaction score
There isn't a hunters license in Australia that I am aware of.
I might be mis remembering, but when I was in Oz and visiting in law relatives, the two "boys" had taken their 10 year "sabbatical" from work and were operating as licenced kangaroo hunters.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@klarie curious how you like the .308 and what kind of ranges you usually see? I'm considering 6.5 Creedmoor or .308 Win for deer and other small game here in the western United States.
@Traffic Most common in Germany at hunters is the .30-06 Garand .. when I started hunting the Creedmoor was rather uncommon. So I wanted something that is sufficient in precision, okay in matter of cost, suitable for most of game, and available (not exotic) - Hunting in public requires lead free bullets and there is a need of mass and speed.
So the range is usually 70- 150yds ..

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Good thread. I have various shotguns & rifles plus a firearms air rifle in .22 and .30 cal versions firing heavy slugs. All with Zeiss scopes. Latest purchase was a Yildiz junior 28 gauge for my daughters.

N+1 is the perfect number of guns, N being the current number in your collection.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:57 AM
Reaction score
I might be mis remembering, but when I was in Oz and visiting in law relatives, the two "boys" had taken their 10 year "sabbatical" from work and were operating as licenced kangaroo hunters.
Definitely game hunting licences in NSW. Don’t need them for foxes/pigs/dogs/rabbits/deer etc on private land however.
Or perhaps you meant gun licences specific to hunting? I believe it qualifies as a ‘Genuine Reason’ for a regular (NSW) gun licence.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My recollection was the licences were for the kangaroos. They were limited to a set number of animals but could apply for extensions if they reached their limit.

Mitchell300

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Whats the regulation in Scotland now? There were attempts to even regulate low power air rifle. A friend of mine hunts up there with a crossbow. slings with support and steel balls are illegal in Germany
Hunting not allowed with a crossbow. All air guns now required a police issued license.

Mitchell300

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I copied this over from another thread.
I have ordered the 2 seat utility it will be used for wildfowling, rough shooting, vermin control, salmon and sea trout fishing and sea fishing. It’ll be interesting to see how others configure their vehicles.

Back
Top Bottom