The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

The Hunters Corner Rod n Gun Club Topics

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:11 AM
Reaction score
Love the R8 and the fact that it always returns to zero no matter how many pieces you had it in .
That said i have to say that i am more prone to picking up my sauer 404 from the cabinet when i am going hunting . Feels more natural to me .

Both great engineering wonders in my eyes .
Both the Sauer and Blaser companies are located in Isny / Allgäu they re both owned by the same investors group L&O Holding Wikipedia German) And a few more. .. I like the straight action - so now getting ready for the forest. Tomorrow is another day for the forum .. now its time to get some mud on the Disco.. Grenadier hopefully soon.

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:11 AM
Reaction score
Both the Sauer and Blaser companies are located in Isny / Allgäu they re both owned by the same investors group L&O Holding Wikipedia German) And a few more. .. I like the straight action - so now getting ready for the forest. Tomorrow is another day for the forum .. now its time to get some mud on the Disco.. Grenadier hopefully soon.
Happy hunting my friend .

Dr. John

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The best gun and best calibre discussion has kept shooters talking at the bar all night! I’ll throw a spanner in the works by saying my R93 was dangerous and prone to rust, even on a dry (Scottish) day. It wasn’t very accurate, either. Plastic fantastic, plus stainless every time, aka SAKO.

And another spanner. Creedmoor is a fad. It is an attempt, albeit a good one, to put a quart in a pint pot. Chronograph your rounds. Much factory copper ammo doesn’t meet UK performance minimums for big deer.

I’m still trying to arrange my guns safely, securely, and out of sight in my Trialmaster. Yes, it has privacy glass but my dogs need space…I need a gun rack, I think.

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The best gun and best calibre discussion has kept shooters talking at the bar all night! I’ll throw a spanner in the works by saying my R93 was dangerous and prone to rust, even on a dry (Scottish) day. It wasn’t very accurate, either. Plastic fantastic, plus stainless every time, aka SAKO.

And another spanner. Creedmoor is a fad. It is an attempt, albeit a good one, to put a quart in a pint pot. Chronograph your rounds. Much factory copper ammo doesn’t meet UK performance minimums for big deer.

I’m still trying to arrange my guns safely, securely, and out of sight in my Trialmaster. Yes, it has privacy glass but my dogs need space…I need a gun rack, I think.
I heard stories of a lot of Blaser triggers dropped in the Glen . Ahahhahah .

Never had an R93 but cannot fault my R8 never had an issue with it .

As for the storage in the Gren i am foing sown the drawer route . Buzz off road seem to have a nice set .

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
IMG_2942.jpeg84FFBEB9-572E-40DB-8F9F-CB774ABA23DF.jpeg76933190-42B4-4277-9D67-E6C70A6B6EF9.jpeg

That is where I am now a lonesome meadow in the middle of a forest
An yes those who consider a R93 crap I do agree. In a few cases the R93 was dangerous for the shooter, know one lad whoms bolt lock blasted to rear and got severe injury in face .. luck he survived The R8 no issues st all

RobS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:11 PM
Reaction score

Barney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
in der Nähe von Frankfurt a. M. Deutschland
The area where I hunt is 80% forestal and some 20% agricultural.. The agricultural space is a litte bit bigger but cannot be really used for hunting as it is too close to inhabited area. (When I need to shoot there I must discuss this with the hunting authority and the locals. I am fed up with bureau-crazy) The max distance is somewhat 340m on a grass land inside the forest.
Regulatory in Germany means minimum E100 (Energy in 100m distance of Muzzle) 1000 J for Roe and 2000J for Boar, Red deer, Sika, etc.
Only predators (fox, Badger, Racoon and rodents Rabbit, hare may be shot with less than 1000J or shot)
The exception are solids from a shotgun (slugs) - are valid on any animal legal to hunt.

The Creedmoor seems to have sufficient energy. I bougt my Blaser R8 a couple of years ago.. the setup with 2 barrels, Suppressor, 2 scopes (one for High Hide and single hunt, the other setup for driven hunt. plus Thermal vision was pretty expensive. I wanted a reliable, established, proven, easy to get, easy to reload universal round at reasonable cost that does the job. I use Sako Super Hammer Head.
. On Alsfeld range 300m. I tested it E300 is still 2020J All hit in less than on inch.

What I do with Grenadier as a hunting stand. - I will see.. first of all I need to get it built and delivered. Its September now.
According to contract it should be the Month of action.
Even with us with forest and field half each, I usually don't shoot over 100 m. So no problem with the energy. My longest shooting distance was 162 m. Deer was in the bang.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Even with us with forest and field half each, I usually don't shoot over 100 m. So no problem with the energy. My longest shooting distance was 162 m. Deer was in the bang.
The longest was indeed on that meadow. About 160 /170m - but a boar. - The hit was clearly visible (a luchs 1) thermovision .. The boar was fleeing some 40m. - But I was monitoring it the entire time. By taking possession - the hit was proper, lung and major artery.. but 70kg.. quite some work but tasty.

Lord Ripon USA

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
9:11 PM
Reaction score
I'm a Remington 700 guy. Blueprinted they are very accurate.
Favorite is a 700 Titanium in .308, second is a .204 Ruger.
I'll be using my Grenadier for rough shooting, and will winch deer up into a rear receiver basket.
I have many hunting photos on Imgur.
Clapperzapper is the account name.
I don't think the site wants dead animal photos posted here.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
A new highlight. A wild cat on camera. I've seen them before, but this is the first time in the photo trap
Indeed it seems like a felis silvestris, likely female. The tom has a more wide head. We had last year frequently a tom in the area. But not this year. happy to see one. (very protected species)

LC0013

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:11 PM
Reaction score

I would like to see a gun rack setup and hope you post photo when you get one setup.
Would be nice if a drawer system would work - hide em and lock them up - but depth for 5 seater wagon does not seem adequate.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I would like to see a gun rack setup and hope you post photo when you get one setup.
Would be nice if a drawer system would work - hide em and lock them up - but depth for 5 seater wagon does not seem adequate.
At the moment I store the rifle in the foot area of rear seating. So I just get a grab.. My goal is to have something soft case / hull that can be strapped on backrest of fron seats and have there 2 rifles / shotgun. - A vertical rack in the rear I considered but gun drawers I dont think is a good idea in my case. - I do not want to spend time to assemble the gun in the dark / lighting or so..
My Blaser is setup entirely at home except triggergroup / Mag ..

Like this one in German

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
A new highlight. A wild cat on camera. I've seen them before, but this is the first time in the photo trap
Do they taste any good?

Back
Top Bottom