The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

The Hunters Corner Rod n Gun Club Topics

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:25 PM
Reaction score
Oh Klarie, I'm glad that we're spared from raccoons, as far as I can tell. I would even shoot them with buckshot.
Most coons are north of the A45 .. sometimes I notice 7-8 in the monitored sector. Here in Niddatal south of A45 there are sometimes 1 or 2 in town. But racoons slowly spread south towards Frankfurt. Sooner than later we will see these everywhere. Need to be stopped for the sake of all other wildlife.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The good is that they normally do not run away when one is shot. the others just wait and see what comes next...

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:25 PM
Reaction score
Saturday working up some partridge.
Gren did well, not the fairest of tests as I have muds but a Defender 110 2012 vintage could not follow up the muddy grassy knoll that the Gren had. Gave up and had a longer walk. I was centre and rear locked in low with off-road mode. As I say far from fair but I'm glad it was not the other way around!!

Attachments

• IMG_9923.jpeg
    IMG_9923.jpeg
    175.8 KB · Views: 60

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Saturday working up some partridge.
Gren did well, not the fairest of tests as I have muds but a Defender 110 2012 vintage could not follow up the muddy grassy knoll that the Gren had. Gave up and had a longer walk. I was centre and rear locked in low with off-road mode. As I say far from fair but I'm glad it was not the other way around!!
The winner is the one who tells the story.
It's been fair!
It's not your fault that he didn't buy diff locks for his car. He had 11 years time to do it!

Local time
Reaction score
Hunting is one of my passions as well. And guns.
The two hunting rifles I use are a Sauer 90 in .375H&H with a Swarovski scope and a Mauser in .30-06.
My son is a young gunsmith in Isny im Allgäu, so I expect a new Mauser and R8 soon!;)
Walk and stalk is the main method we use on kudu, gemsbok and eland when hunting down here.
All meat is utilized for own consumption.

IMG_9201 (1).JPG

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hunting is one of my passions as well. And guns.
The two hunting rifles I use are a Sauer 90 in .375H&H with a Swarovski scope and a Mauser in .30-06.
My son is a young gunsmith in Isny im Allgäu, so I expect a new Mauser and R8 soon!;)
Walk and stalk is the main method we use on kudu, gemsbok and eland when hunting down here.
All meat is utilized for own consumption.

View attachment 7831040
Nice. My Co Tenant leasing the current hunting area in Germany runs a travel agency focusing on hunting in Namibia does all the permission paperworks with authorities and operates occasionally as a hunting guide there. Its the same on me - I hunt mostly for own consumption, rarely selling some bratwurst or burger from Roe Deer to some friends only. Most do not value biological meat, ( cheap only) and some people tell me . "oh if you have some 'left over' meat - then you can pass on to me.." - they can f.. off. I never have left over.
I value any game and what Mother Nature is providing me.
The R8 is a very reliable hunting rifle I use the ordinary classic stock not the "professional success" with the pistol grip, aiming perfect. Green stock, not wooden.. no silver engravings no blings.. stock has already many signs of use. Instead I invested in 2 barrels, one for driven hunt with iron sights and w/o suppressor and another one for high hide and stalking, suppressed and scope + thermal.

My collaegue asked me a couple of times to hunt in Africa - but that is not mine - I d' rather go for Nordic moose or mountain hunting in a much colder environment. Africa might be of interest in visiting, but the preparations in vaccinations and malaria is not mine. The Nordics do not require this.

Local time
Reaction score
Nice. My Co Tenant leasing the current hunting area in Germany runs a travel agency focusing on hunting in Namibia does all the permission paperworks with authorities and operates occasionally as a hunting guide there. Its the same on me - I hunt mostly for own consumption, rarely selling some bratwurst or burger from Roe Deer to some friends only. Most do not value biological meat, ( cheap only) and some people tell me . "oh if you have some 'left over' meat - then you can pass on to me.." - they can f.. off. I never have left over.
I value any game and what Mother Nature is providing me.
The R8 is a very reliable hunting rifle I use the ordinary classic stock not the "professional success" with the pistol grip, aiming perfect. Green stock, not wooden.. no silver engravings no blings.. stock has already many signs of use. Instead I invested in 2 barrels, one for driven hunt with iron sights and w/o suppressor and another one for high hide and stalking, suppressed and scope + thermal.

My collaegue asked me a couple of times to hunt in Africa - but that is not mine - I d' rather go for Nordic moose or mountain hunting in a much colder environment. Africa might be of interest in visiting, but the preparations in vaccinations and malaria is not mine. The Nordics do not require this.
Perhaps one day I will convince you to visit Namibia!
Both for a hunt and an offroad adventure in the Grenadier! 🍻

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:25 PM
Reaction score
The Gren in it's natural habitat

Attachments

• 328af026-8e56-465f-9229-16e6ea6c5a6e.jpeg
    328af026-8e56-465f-9229-16e6ea6c5a6e.jpeg
    253.5 KB · Views: 49
  • c427b45e-b1b4-4a6e-b949-720c4f548b94.jpeg
    c427b45e-b1b4-4a6e-b949-720c4f548b94.jpeg
    150 KB · Views: 45
  • 795ca709-8fec-48e4-b9bf-c602acfe042e.jpeg
    795ca709-8fec-48e4-b9bf-c602acfe042e.jpeg
    184.5 KB · Views: 47

marcusnilsson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Starting one thing that is bugging me since a while.. the IG roof racks are discussed already elsewhere .. As the high load capability of roof I think it could be used as a high hide temporary.. so fold up, put a chair and a gun rest there..
in German law it’s not permitted to shoot from inside a vehicle or vehicle in motion but you could use the vehicle as gun support .. Wonder what construction could be used to create a mobile high hide..

I’m gonna try this with a Blacksheep roof and a raised camo-net.

marcusnilsson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have been looking for a nice way to fit a gun rack on my Ineos. Specifically to fit on the outside of the vehicle while traveling between posts on the hunting grounds (eg off road/dirt roads). It needs to protect against dust and rain and be safe (e.g. barrel pointing upwards at all time). Also it needs to be padded so to not bump the rifle and offset the scope. Ideally I would take 2 guns on each side of the vehicle.

I have the exterior utility belts and I’m planning on getting molle system on the back windows.

Has anyone come across a good solution?

My best idea so far is to just take a semi-hard rifle case, drill holes in it and fasten it directly to the airline brackets…

Back
Top Bottom