The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

The Grenadier Wave

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:03 AM
Reaction score
What does "lacking soul" mean? Do vehicles have a soul?... Do Toyota Prados in particular have a soul?... A soul isn't listed on the spec sheet... This could become a "spirited" debate...🤷‍♂️
I guess some cars can give you an emotional feeling - when ever I see or sit in a BMW 2002, I am overcome with joy

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:03 PM
Reaction score
I guess some cars can give you an emotional feeling - when ever I see or sit in a BMW 2002, I am overcome with joy
I totally agree with you on that. We had 3 of them. But that was a few days ago. At that time we didn't have the money to just pick them up. Too bad!

Reactions: Max

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:03 AM
Reaction score
Regarding the title of this thread I hereby announce that I am officially disappointed by the not existing reaction by old Defender drivers when I great them.

255/85

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
5:03 PM
Reaction score
Finally test drove the Grenadier yesterday, to validate my decision and whilst a comfortable drive, it lacks soul.

Cars aren't manufactured with "soul". They develope one slowly over the years as the miles add up. A little rubs off from long standing owners - if they even have one to begin with.

Enjoy that rolling computer Cybertruck.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
2:03 AM
Reaction score
Regarding the title of this thread I hereby announce that I am officially disappointed by the not existing reaction by old Defender drivers when I great them.
Many of them don't know about us yet. This is not a joke.

And they are not aware that many if not most of us are Old Defender lovers. The Grenadier may look too posh for them.

Just keep waving at them, they will sooner or later accept us as mates.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Many of them don't know about us yet. This is not a joke.

And they are not aware that many if not most of us are Old Defender lovers. The Grenadier may look too posh for them.

Just keep waving at them, they will sooner or later accept us as mates.
I wonder if the Old Defender people wave at the New Defender...I would say not...I am in that group but I would wave if they waved at me in my Series or Grenadier just out of courtesy and hope to recognize them to wave first next time...I live in a small village so that is possible...I also think that there is something to be said of the soul or feeling that you have over time with an object that gives you pleasure...whether it be the rolling on the road or slicing through the ocean or the purr of the engine[diesel]...overtime you can crave for it...like the cornering on the motorbike or carving a wave on the surfboard...I have boards that I won't sell and one that I fell in love with that I haven't ridden...all hand made...I believe that anything manhandled in the making has something special and individual about it and not perfect...from the beginning, the Grenadier was scribed on paper by hand and will be touched in some ways till her end...maybe I am not right for all but certainly for me...happy motoring ;)

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:03 PM
Reaction score
In the States, when riding a Harley, one would give an inverted 'V' sign pointing towards the road. Recognition of the appreciation of a V Twin.
Loved it in a cheesy sort of way. 😁
Two down means keep the rubber side down (two wheels). As in, don't wreck.

Disco Dave

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
What does "lacking soul" mean? Do vehicles have a soul?... Do Toyota Prados in particular have a soul?... A soul isn't listed on the spec sheet... This could become a "spirited" debate...🤷‍♂️
My brother says “diesels don’t have a soul”, I agree with him.

Disco Dave

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
That’s like saying rugby backs have a soul but forwards don’t.

I’m pretty sure they do, but the god they each pray to may be different. 😉
Not really, as a petrol has the power of the forwards coupled with the speed of the backs, oh and a drinking problem. Maybe it is the drinking problem that gives it a soul, or maybe it is the music that it plays.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Not really, as a petrol has the power of the forwards coupled with the speed of the backs, oh and a drinking problem. Maybe it is the drinking problem that gives it a soul, or maybe it is the music that it plays.
OK, so we’ll put a few petrols up against a couple of diesels in a tug of war and see how they get on.

Disco Dave

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
OK, so we’ll put a few petrols up against a couple of diesels in a tug of war and see how they get on.
That would be an interesting contest. So many variables. However if it came to a hill climb, towing a heavy load, the vehicle with the most power would definitely win. And that vehicle would have soul.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My brother says “diesels don’t have a soul”, I agree with him.
No no no no. They are different soul but they definitely have soul. Maybe like the difference between Detroit soul and Lousiana soul, but it’s all soul.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That would be an interesting contest. So many variables. However if it came to a hill climb, towing a heavy load, the vehicle with the most power would definitely win. And that vehicle would have soul.
Turbo Diesel heavy load trucks are all about torque...if they could keep traction they would be able to pull a timber house off its stumps:ROFLMAO:

Disco Dave

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
To accelerate an object you must transfer energy to it. The greater the energy transfer, the faster the acceleration. Power is a measure of the rate of energy transfer, the greater the power, the faster the energy transfer.

Torque is just one component of engine power, the other is rpm. Power = torque x rpm. A transmission alters the torque from the engine to the wheels, by altering the rpm delivered to the wheels. When you halve the wheel rpm (via the transmission) the wheel torque is doubled, power essentially remains the same (there will be some friction loses).

So the more power an engine has, the greater the torque at the wheels. This is why the petrol is about 1 sec faster than the diesel, accelerating from 0 - 100km/hr.

As the petrol can provide more torque to the wheels, it will also accelerate a load (trailer) faster.

Disco Dave

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Turbo Diesel heavy load trucks are all about torque...if they could keep traction they would be able to pull a timber house off its stumps:ROFLMAO:
They rely on massive torque (to create power) because the engine rpm is so low.

acwiltshire

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
FYI I am getting more than occasional waves from old Defender drivers, and was pretty much boxed in by one eager to come and look at mine in the supermarket carpark.
Last week on M4 got frantic waves and thumbs up from driver and passenger of a new Defender.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
FYI I am getting more than occasional waves from old Defender drivers, and was pretty much boxed in by one eager to come and look at mine in the supermarket carpark.
Last week on M4 got frantic waves and thumbs up from driver and passenger of a new Defender.
Because "the dream continues" albeit in the guise of the Grenadier!;)

Back
Top Bottom