The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

The Grenadier Wave

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
11:58 AM
Reaction score
I wonder if the Defender drivers will wave at us ??

I think the defender wavers may think we are the pretend crew who are driving copies.

I have already decided to tell people when they ask what I am driving, that it is a Chinese copy of a defender and they only cost £20k brand new. Just to see what they say 😂
I was chatting to a bloke who dropped a machine to my jobsite, we got onto the subject of tow vehicles and I mentioned my grenadier order.

He was adamant its built by Santana, and that its got an iveco engine... that's what he'd heard 🤣🤣

Took some convincing otherwise!

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:58 AM
Reaction score
I was chatting to a bloke who dropped a machine to my jobsite, we got onto the subject of tow vehicles and I mentioned my grenadier order.

He was adamant its built by Santana, and that its got an iveco engine... that's what he'd heard 🤣🤣

Took some convincing otherwise!
Well, then he was up to date ;)

Bushguide

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I wonder if the Defender drivers will wave at us ??

I think the defender wavers may think we are the pretend crew who are driving copies.

I have already decided to tell people when they ask what I am driving, that it is a Chinese copy of a defender and they only cost £20k brand new. Just to see what they say 😂
What a great idea.

Nocrays

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
6:58 PM
Reaction score
It is the amont of effort that is appreciated, you have to work the rest out for yourself.

And you have two remaining fingers and a thumb, to hang on to your fancy steering wheel. BTW, I’m getting the saddle leather as well.

I prefer the aircon off and windows down as much as possible (possibly because I drive a Defender) so it will be a easy lift of the right arm.

Apart from the units that become shopping carts, I believe that the die-hards will band together or I hope they will. Will set us apart from the great unwashed.......

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve been thinking and I’m in support of the slight finger raise (farmers’ wave) and a gentle, downward nod. Subtle and classy. If you’re feeling bro-ish, do the chin nod up.

Fidei Defensor

Contract Signed
Local time
Reaction score
I wave at anyone that takes the time to put spotlights, rack and ladder on their vehicle. So in la with all the pimped out g wagons I wave at anybody and everybody.

I always remember the old welsh hill farmers, if they knew you they’d just raise an index finger, with a slight nod of the head.

All very minimalistic.
I'd be tempted to raise one finger at any "new" Defender owner who gave me a wave when driving my "proper" Defender. But it would not be the index finger, but rather one over from it..... Same if and when I am driving my Grenadier.
That being said, I'll give a friendly wave to anyone that obviously is a "real" off-roader (gotta have the right kit, backed up by a few dings and scratches that separate the "real" from the "faux" .
But that's because I am a grumpy old man...... ;)

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Seriously?

The damn thing comes with a special signaling horn…. the only question is what is the ‘toot’ pattern. Single ‘toot’? Quick double “Toot-toot”? A challenge and reply to shave and a hair cut, two bits “Toot..toot-toot-toot”, “Toot-toot”?

While you could have a multi G-wagon pile-up accident in my neighborhood, I’ve seen a REAL Defender twice. I don’t think that we’ll have to worry.

I think the Jeep wave ended around 2000 or abut when the 4doors came out…

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:58 PM
Reaction score
Seriously?

The damn thing comes with a special signaling horn…. the only question is what is the ‘toot’ pattern. Single ‘toot’? Quick double “Toot-toot”? A challenge and reply to shave and a hair cut, two bits “Toot..toot-toot-toot”, “Toot-toot”?

While you could have a multi G-wagon pile-up accident in my neighborhood, I’ve seen a REAL Defender twice. I don’t think that we’ll have to worry.

I think the Jeep wave ended around 2000 or abut when the 4doors came out…
The toot button is selectable with one two or five(?) toots to each press.
Not sure if you will also be able to load your own tune.

Reactions: PBD

joejet

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Looks good to me👍in the context of the video.
But some in betweens might cause questions here in Germany 😬
i have one response to that

Don't mention the ...​

:)

I understand Faulty towers is very popular in Germany, maybe not as popular as Dinner for one though. The most frequently repeated television programme in Germany ever.

Last edited:

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
i have one response to that

Don't mention the ...​

:)

I understand Faulty towers is very popular in Germany, maybe not as popular as Dinner for one though. The most frequently repeated television programme in Germany ever.
Fawlty Towers may be the greatest show no one has really heard of in the States. It is amazingly funny!

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I write this tongue in cheek but I love @Highwayman ’s post in Grenadier spotted re the V
don‘t be offended if you see a guy in a MM grenadier giving you the V sign. I’ll do it in a friendly way. That post has made my day. V to the government 😂😂😂😂

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I write this tongue in cheek but I love @Highwayman ’s post in Grenadier spotted re the V
don‘t be offended if you see a guy in a MM grenadier giving you the V sign. I’ll do it in a friendly way. That post has made my day. V to the government 😂😂😂😂
The Churchill 'V' or the 'V' your talking about could be used depending on whether you know the driver of the grenadier you pass!

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The Churchill 'V' or the 'V' your talking about could be used depending on whether you know the driver of the grenadier you pass!
The V for Victory is also the peace sign here in the US, so we would certainly want to go palm facing inwards as we pass one another :sneaky:

Churchill V

0_V-Sign.jpg

Last edited:

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
When I worked in Cairns in FNQ the guys in the office when they walked in would give everyone the forks “V”.

It was our tongue in cheek way of saying G’day.
Definitely going to be my sign to other Grenadier owners. Please don’t be offended all you other owners. Just my sort of humour 😂😂

Back
Top Bottom