The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

The Grenadier Wave

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:28 PM
Reaction score
Can’t say I know much about that, but do those groups use the suggested downward v as gesture? Or just the circle/lambda as a printed logo?

Pat-Ard

Global Grenadier #00520
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:28 AM
Reaction score
I don't know if they use it as a gesture. But I used the symbol on patches for my jackets and had some strange talkes because showing the IM symbol...

Nocrays

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
10:28 AM
Reaction score
Do they do the ”Jeep Wave” elsewhere in the world? In the US there are so many Jeeps your hand gets tired.

Here though, you won’t see many IG or real Defenders regardless.
Haven’t seen it in Australia. The wave
In Oz it’s only common place to lift a hand or finger off the steering wheel out west, say 3-4 hours or so inland, but not often along the coast unless you’re acknowledging something like someone letting you go ahead of them or something.

And I would have thought defender drivers were more likely to flick you the bird out of wishing they had an IG. 😉
yep in the bush it is always polite to aknowledge other road users regardless of vehicle. ( and for me that’s out east😎)

The informal community that exists with the Defender is a rare bird. It would be nice to instill the same into the Grenadier to set it apart from other mere forms of transport.

Where better to start than from now with the kick off.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:28 AM
Reaction score
Can’t see G-Wagon owners on Sunset Boulevard having any form of acknowledgment.
Friendly acknowledgment still a strong trait amongst earlier Defenders here in UK. Used to have similar at times in my little Abarth Competizione. Always nice.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:28 PM
Reaction score
Haven’t seen it in Australia. The wave

yep in the bush it is always polite to aknowledge other road users regardless of vehicle. ( and for me that’s out east😎)

The informal community that exists with the Defender is a rare bird. It would be nice to instill the same into the Grenadier to set it apart from other mere forms of transport.

Where better to start than from now with the kick off.
I'm betting IG drivers in Aus. will inevitably get the occasional "Defender" wave ...then the Deefer driver will look perplexed as he (inevitably a "he") realises that it's a mighty Grenadier! :cool:

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm betting IG drivers in Aus. will inevitably get the occasional "Defender" wave ...then the Deefer driver will look perplexed as he (inevitably a "he") realises that it's a mighty Grenadier! :cool:
Actually Defer drivers always waved at me in the Puch.

The response has to be cool - just a lift of the index finger off the steering wheel

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:28 AM
Reaction score
When I had bikes fellow bikers and I would nod to each other, as you would doff a cap - aiming at 2 o'clock with the bonce.

Will have to try and rein that in as the lifting of one's index finger is more refined to suit the Grenny.

Disco Dave

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
How does one achieve this without removing one's hand from the steering wheel with the saddle leather patina?:unsure::cool:
It is the amont of effort that is appreciated, you have to work the rest out for yourself.

And you have two remaining fingers and a thumb, to hang on to your fancy steering wheel. BTW, I’m getting the saddle leather as well.

Last edited:

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Actually. raising 2 fingers from the wheel in a victory sign signifies superiority and avoids the Churchillian overtones... unless of course you're puffing on your favourite Cuban while enjoying the Grenadier experience! (I obviously don't have enough to do:D)

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
10:28 PM
Reaction score
I wonder if the Defender drivers will wave at us ??

I think the defender wavers may think we are the pretend crew who are driving copies.

I have already decided to tell people when they ask what I am driving, that it is a Chinese copy of a defender and they only cost £20k brand new. Just to see what they say 😂

Back
Top Bottom