The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

T3 Review (UK)

To

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:53 PM
Reaction score

View attachment 7802814

Ineos Grenadier first drive: a Highland expedition in the back-to-basics off-roader​

Don’t call it an SUV – the Grenadier is a boxy 4x4 that puts mud-plugging ahead of creature comforts

Now we know what software is not working on the Grenadier.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:53 AM
Reaction score
Still pretty happy with that, mostly positive.
So software, wipers, steering and frustratingly the diff lockers.
Haven't read the article yet, but Justin mentioned on one of the FB forums that these guys aren't activating it the right way, hence dramas with the diff locks. That said I also read somewhere one of the solenoids packed it in.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:53 PM
Reaction score
"The Utility Belt can be loaded with up to 45 kg of equipment, while a further 35kg can be attached to the rear side door, and hooks on the front and rear doors can hold 5kg and 10kg respectively."

Rear Side Door - what's that, the table on larger rear door?

'and hooks on the front and rear doors can hold 5kg and 10kg respectively.' - is that still the utility belt - I'm baffled

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:53 AM
Reaction score
Still pretty happy with that, mostly positive.
So software, wipers, steering and frustratingly the diff lockers.
Adding to the steering debate, if you can call it that, I just checked on our new 79 series Landcruiser, that has EXACTLY the same steering setup as the IG, no issues from me with driving it and road feel is fine. Maybe the lock to lock is different.

Here is an excerpt from the recent Car Expert review on the 79- The recirculating ball steering is leaden and slow, while the turning circle is laughably broad.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
"The Utility Belt can be loaded with up to 45 kg of equipment, while a further 35kg can be attached to the rear side door, and hooks on the front and rear doors can hold 5kg and 10kg respectively."

Rear Side Door - what's that, the table on larger rear door?

'and hooks on the front and rear doors can hold 5kg and 10kg respectively.' - is that still the utility belt - I'm baffled
I think the belt for me is a bit of a folly. I can't think of a use for it personally.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think the belt for me is a bit of a folly. I can't think of a use for it personally.
Aye, I know what you mean. I'm glad it has it as I reckon those brighter than I will come up with 'useful' uses in time. I also think it looks good and offers a bit more bash protection to the bodywork, however slight/effective.

Les can attach his primate catching camera on to them.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Aye, I know what you mean. I'm glad it has it as I reckon those brighter than I will come up with 'useful' uses in time. I also think it looks good and offers a bit more bash protection to the bodywork, however slight/effective.

Les can attach his primate catching camera on to them.
I like your thinking....Camera mount 👌
📸🦍

Tanters

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Maybe someone will come up with a removable table set up for it?

jamesfielding

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Adding to the steering debate, if you can call it that, I just checked on our new 79 series Landcruiser, that has EXACTLY the same steering setup as the IG, no issues from me with driving it and road feel is fine. Maybe the lock to lock is different.

Here is an excerpt from the recent Car Expert review on the 79- The recirculating ball steering is leaden and slow, while the turning circle is laughably broad.
Admittedly my 2020 L200 is a “normal steering” setup, but it’s lock is 3.5 turns lock to lock, so I’m not overly stressed by that, and same for the diff lockers as I won’t use them that often, but I do want the reassurance when I need them, they are there 👍

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:53 AM
Reaction score
Video found on engaging diff lockers. I don't have the experience (yet) to provide a view, but hoping you legends can.

View: https://youtu.be/cf0yP7tJhu0
To engage the diff locks it is best you are moving at under 10kmh or the engage only after you start moving
Pretty sure you have to push the button twice to confirm

Back
Top Bottom