The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

3rd party Videos Sydney Customer Drive Day

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:34 PM
Reaction score
On the drive day I did notice early on that the turning circle wasn’t as tight as I was expecting, as I misjudged a tight turn into an open gate, and had to do a three point turn. After that it didn’t bother me again.
My brother who then drove the car commented on how good the turning circle of the car was.
I not sure if he was just saying that to try and dent my pride ( gotta love big brothers), or if it was just due to what he was used to driving.
It is certainly not a “largeturningcirclegate” issue.

Tu Sugars

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:34 PM
Reaction score
You might be disappointed Tu.
One concern I have (I had lots and most are now gone 😉) is the IG’s turning circle which according to my checking is fully 2 metres wider that the LC200/300 😳😳. I assume the ridgid axles cause that.
It is not a big deal, really - the plus's for the Grenadier far outweigh any negatives so far on my past vehicles.
A rude friend has (correctly) suggested that for us in the city, we should keep our older Citroen or invest in an Abarth. We will always need two vehicles, and all my life, I have loved putting the finger up to being "ordinary". A plus is that our Grenadier, albeit I ordered in white - Might... (it will) make me young again ...

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:34 AM
Reaction score
I am not an cyclists badger but an active cyclist from youth on. If I go mountain biking (which became seldom the last years) I do brake before I scare hikers.
You might be right that idiocy is a fast growing illness nowadays. But I see it more often related to cyclists. There is a broad feeling of „those rules are not made for me but for pedestrians or cars“
While the mistakes of car drivers towards cyclists are mostly based on (gross) negligence, the mistakes of cyclists are often a deliberate breaking of the rules.
Its exactly like so - lived for about 8 years near Münster - NorthRhine Westphalia Region and also time in Dusseldorf.
Münster is merely considered as the "capital" of cyclists. - And I am most certainly not a cyclist basher. Use one myself (mine has lights, proper brakes and anything that is required and its maintained. And I obey the road code - both as car driver and as cyclist.
There is a cliche on certain types of car drivers but also on bike users.
There are ones in Münster / Greven, - wear hv Jackets, hard hat, lighting, and obey street signs and signals.
There are the other type . no lights, carbon, hat perhaps, - ignoring everything, The bicycle they own approx 2-6kEuros . carbon rim etc..
All of these guys seem to have a driving license. .. but seem to forget once on a bike - So they consider themeselves as superior to both pedestrians, parents with children and anyone motorized. And often protected by law. (except in Münster.. the police is quite rigid on misbehaving cyclists there.
One experience I had in Dusseldorf near Seestern there was a bike courier.. passing just stopped in front of a passing tram. then crossed in 4 lane traffic ignoring traffic lights and forcing many cars to emergency brake - nearly causing accident. His reaction - showing the long finger to all others.
Not possible to tell what went shortly through my mind witnessing this. Today I see this far more relaxed.. Still I do not have a general prejudice against cyclists or any participating egoist "species" . Ususally the Universe will teach a lesson to those .. often sooner than later. (hope in this lesson is no innocent invoked)

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:34 AM
Reaction score
If you translate DCI to "Kriminalhauptkommissar", would that help?
Unfortunately no. But that doesn't matter, I'm sure I didn't miss anything.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Unfortunately no. But that doesn't matter, I'm sure I didn't miss anything.
No you won’t.. the person is in fact nothing but an actor in a misery and politically correct crime tv series that would unlikely use an IG in a positive context. Bicycle and perhaps an e bike

Back
Top Bottom