The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

3rd party Videos Sydney Customer Drive Day

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:08 AM
Reaction score
My wife and I walk. A lot. What really pisses me off are cyclists who don't own or use the bell on their bikes on shared walking/cycling tracks.
More than once I have been tempted to shove a stick in the spokes as they fang past.
At the least I tend to give them some obscene vernacular.
There is some relation to the weight of the bikes. The lighter they are the less is the probability the carry a bell/ring.
It’s self absorbed idiocy (I do not really know whether this translation works)
They are so proud that the have the light and sporty bike that the think they are light and sporty extreme sportsmen who have the damn right to do their own thing.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:08 AM
Reaction score
My wife and I walk. A lot. What really pisses me off are cyclists who don't own or use the bell on their bikes on shared walking/cycling tracks.
More than once I have been tempted to shove a stick in the spokes as they fang past.
At the least I tend to give them some obscene vernacular.
That is also my experience. Many act as if they were alone on the road. They ride in the middle of the road or side by side. Unfortunately, they get more and more support against the car drivers who are demonised.

Last edited:

Disco Dave

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:08 PM
Reaction score
There is some relation to the weight of the bikes. The lighter they are the less is the probability the carry a bell/ring.
They are so proud that the have the light and sporty bike that the think they are light and sporty extreme sportsmen who have the damn right to do their own thing.
Inconsiderate people seem to be more common these days. They ride bicycles, drive cars, 4WDs and trucks. Many of them can be found blocking isles in supermarkets, with their mouths open, just to confirm their idiocy.
After meeting some of these people, on the road, I was involved in 2 serious bicycle accidents. The vehicle drivers (and cause of the incounter) were of course not injured. Riding a bicycle in Australia is like going into a war zone. I now seldom ride on the road.

So if you are a cyclist basher, just remember, idiots are everywhere, their mode of transport is irrelevant.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am a long time regular cyclist (3/4 times a week).
Cyclists are required by law (in Victoria) to have a bell on their bike to use to warn pedestrians.
It is my number 1 pet hate when walking my dogs on shared pathways and they don't ring.
Cyclists are permitted to ride 2 abreast but not in the middle of the road!

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Inconsiderate people seem to be more common these days. They ride bicycles, drive cars, 4WDs and trucks. Many of them can be found blocking isles in supermarkets, with their mouths open, just to confirm their idiocy.
After meeting some of these people, on the road, I was involved in 2 serious bicycle accidents. The vehicle drivers (and cause of the incounter) were of course not injured. Riding a bicycle in Australia is like going into a war zone. I now seldom ride on the road.

So if you are a cyclist basher, just remember, idiots are everywhere, their mode of transport is irrelevant.
I am not an cyclists badger but an active cyclist from youth on. If I go mountain biking (which became seldom the last years) I do brake before I scare hikers.
You might be right that idiocy is a fast growing illness nowadays. But I see it more often related to cyclists. There is a broad feeling of „those rules are not made for me but for pedestrians or cars“
While the mistakes of car drivers towards cyclists are mostly based on (gross) negligence, the mistakes of cyclists are often a deliberate breaking of the rules.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
The bikers we meet are riding mountain bikes or hybrid electric bikes. Lightness does not appear to be the issue. Arrogance and ignorance are the problem.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The bikers we meet are riding mountain bikes or hybrid electric bikes. Lightness does not appear to be the issue. Arrogance and ignorance are the problem.
That’s my point. Perhaps more elegantly and briefly formulated…

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I met a group of British tourists in Andermatt Switzerland pushing their electric bikes up a very steep hill.
Batteries were flat
Tourists were fat
Hill was steep
6 degrees
I thought it was funny
nobody else did

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
..., just remember, idiots are everywhere, their mode of transport is irrelevant.
I use my bike when I go to the baker or when I have to go to town (12km), and when the weather isn't too bad. I hate car drivers (mostly 4X4, BMW, Porshes, etc. ;) ) who park their car on the cyclist lane in front of the bakery "only for a few minutes to buy my bread, sir", or worse on the "handicapped people" reserved place.
I use my car for longer distances and in bad weather and hate cyclists or step users who don't use the cyclist lane or cross the crosswalk while riding the bike, believing they have the same priority as a pedestrian.

I agree, the mode of transport is irrelevant.

TD5-90

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I am not an cyclists badger but an active cyclist from youth on. If I go mountain biking (which became seldom the last years) I do brake before I scare hikers.
You might be right that idiocy is a fast growing illness nowadays. But I see it more often related to cyclists. There is a broad feeling of „those rules are not made for me but for pedestrians or cars“
While the mistakes of car drivers towards cyclists are mostly based on (gross) negligence, the mistakes of cyclists are often a deliberate breaking of the rules.
It's part of the "green" mindset I've mentioned earlier here: People riding bikes consider themselves "better" people...

And of course, as always: It's the (rare...) exception that proves the rule.

Last edited:

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Great video @Michael H and second your appreciation. The INEOS team helped answer all our questions and even looked after our daughter whilst we experienced the test drive. She was kept busy helping the next lot of us check-in at the front desk :)

As for the experience, both my wife and myself had the pleasure of driving the Grenadier yesterday. Everything that I have read, seen and listen to regarding the Grenadier was quickly confirmed once we got going.

The drive was very comfortable, the interior luxurious and the car handled like a ballerina skating on ice. It went through and over everything we pointed "her" at. My wife was convinced after the first 3 minutes and I got the green tick of approval before the end of her ride. At one point my wife made the comment that it's so easy she can 4wd with only one hand, only to be asked by Paul, he'd prefer her two hands 😂.

Last point which was a biggie for me, but now a non issue, the drivers left foot position. Absolutely no issues and something I don't need to bring up again.

I was told off for hugging the Grenadier on departure and can't wait for our own to arrive hopefully in April/May .

View attachment 7797595
What a beautiful family. All three of you!

My congrats!

Last edited:

Tu Sugars

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

I just showed my wife the Cessnock video - it reminded me of things I missed. Tight space/Corners - the video doing the right turn at one of the hills and then a tight right to do it again.
I always hated the turning circle in my Landcruiser. Living as we do inner city, that car was a pain. The Grenadier seems more capable with a better turning circle. Sure it was my first drive, I guess; it just felt better than the Toyota.
The seats were great, the pedals' positions were fine, and the nice steering wheel. Getting in, I am a bit crippled at present, yet I had no issues getting in or out; I do like having a handle on the driver's side - Is it the A-Pillar? that was my initial worry for the day. Left-hand drives, I guess, will have one, so I don't see that as an issue...
The Grenadier is a total breeze, the good driving position; once mine arrives, we will all figure out what suits us best. But the Recaro felt like it would suit a long day and Aust is a big country!
So many things ticked my boxes, most of the time, it is just me in the truck, but it is "the Boss" who is the final arbiter. I must say she was impressed seeing the Grenadier in action on video. She likes adventure - not mad rock hopping, just pottering along in odd places at our pace... New car, she might come more often ... more scones and ANZAC biscuits.
The GRENADIER is a winner to me. A great effort from INEOS

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I just showed my wife the Cessnock video - it reminded me of things I missed. Tight space/Corners - the video doing the right turn at one of the hills and then a tight right to do it again.
I always hated the turning circle in my Landcruiser. Living as we do inner city, that car was a pain. The Grenadier seems more capable with a better turning circle. Sure it was my first drive, I guess; it just felt better than the Toyota.
The seats were great, the pedals' positions were fine, and the nice steering wheel. Getting in, I am a bit crippled at present, yet I had no issues getting in or out; I do like having a handle on the driver's side - Is it the A-Pillar? that was my initial worry for the day. Left-hand drives, I guess, will have one, so I don't see that as an issue...
The Grenadier is a total breeze, the good driving position; once mine arrives, we will all figure out what suits us best. But the Recaro felt like it would suit a long day and Aust is a big country!
So many things ticked my boxes, most of the time, it is just me in the truck, but it is "the Boss" who is the final arbiter. I must say she was impressed seeing the Grenadier in action on video. She likes adventure - not mad rock hopping, just pottering along in odd places at our pace... New car, she might come more often ... more scones and ANZAC biscuits.
The GRENADIER is a winner to me. A great effort from INEOS
You might be disappointed Tu.
One concern I have (I had lots and most are now gone 😉) is the IG’s turning circle which according to my checking is fully 2 metres wider that the LC200/300 😳😳. I assume the ridgid axles cause that.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You might be disappointed Tu.
One concern I have (I had lots and most are now gone 😉) is the IG’s turning circle which according to my checking is fully 2 metres wider that the LC200/300 😳😳. I assume the ridgid axles cause that.
Yes, 13,5 meters is not the best figure. It’s close to the old Defender I think.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I met a group of British tourists in Andermatt Switzerland pushing their electric bikes up a very steep hill.
Batteries were flat
Tourists were fat
Hill was steep
6 degrees
I thought it was funny
nobody else did
Met a couple of tourists yesterday. They said "we didn't realise there were steps" (150 of them , at the end of an easy trail )
I said "well they are called pushbikes for a reason"

Back
Top Bottom