The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Suspension upgrade for winch

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:41 AM
Reaction score
I discussed this with a rep at a drive event and they said they have 7 different spring setups based on what factory options you get. They only specifically mentioned towing, winch, and roof rack.
I am sure that the diesel engine will have different front springs to the petrol one as well.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:41 AM
Reaction score
I am sure that the diesel engine will have different front springs to the petrol one as well.
I’ve been trying to find the weights of the BMW B58 and BMW B57 engines but no luck.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If you compare the weights of the cars with different engines in the configurator you would have the difference between them at least.
80kg difference between diesel and petrol on utility version. would be interesting to know the different spring ratings bearing in mind the diesel transmission will probably be heavier also.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Perhaps they should have asked the weight of the usual driver of the car for the specs of the front springs? :unsure:

I am rather a light weight (71 kg) for 187 cm, some forum members weigh some 30 kg more! Probably the weight of the winch. :eek:

Not proud of my weight, no special efforts for keeping on this weight.

Some weeks ago a guy for whom I translated had to describe another guy: "Thin or fat?"
Answer: "thin"
I said: "like me?"
Answer: "no, no, you are worse, probably your wife doesn't cook for you!"
:mad::ROFLMAO:
My thought: "He is right, usually I cook!" :cry:

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Perhaps they should have asked the weight of the usual driver of the car for the specs of the front springs? :unsure:

I am rather a light weight (71 kg) for 187 cm, some forum members weigh some 30 kg more! Probably the weight of the winch. :eek:

Some weeks ago a guy for whom I translated had to describe another guy: "Thin or fat?"
I’m not much heavier than you but shorter and ripped with muscles 🤔

Wayneos

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:41 PM
Reaction score

So you're one of these guys that has to sway from side to side in the shower to get wet! ;)

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So you're one of these guys that has to sway from side to side in the shower to get wet! ;)
Don't exaggerate :mad:, but indeed my mates can throw me between the crevices of the tatamis in the judo club :eek::ROFLMAO:
At least that's what one of them always tells me :devilish:

Last edited:

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

A heavier driver between the axles has a far smaller input on the front axle than the winch in front of it, which technically will even take weight from the rear axle and put it on the front.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Wayneos

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the front beam is also upgraded, as well as the suspension.
The axle housing? Interesting if true and would love to know what the differences are between winch and non winch housings.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The axle housing? Interesting if true and would love to know what the differences are between winch and non winch housings.
Referring to the "beam", I thought tnkatoy might have meant the structure joining the front sections of the chassis rails and which houses the winch cradle .. I'll posit the "beam" is the same for all vehicles and therefore doesn't preclude a winch from being fitted later without additional structural changes. i.e. the vehicle is designed to accommodate a winch irrespective of when it is fitted..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom