The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Summer driving options?

C64_forever

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:24 AM
Reaction score
I just finished reading my Drivers Club May - Jun issue from Hagerty. It has a couple of cool articles about summer driving, which got me thinking about summer options, particularly something with the top off. Up until last November I had a Lotus Elise, which I absolutely loved. I decided reluctantly to sell it because it was not getting almost any driving time, and also because it was getting to the point (it was a 2005 model) where plastic and rubber things started breaking so I saw increasing maintenance costs in the horizon.

So, I have two questions for all of you esteemed forum members:

1) Do you have any suggestion for a cool summer car that can be driven with the top off? I was thinking an old CJ-7, but then I was also thinking of a 1972 Mustach Mach (don't hate!) :)
2) What car have you regretted the most selling?

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:24 PM
Reaction score
I just finished reading my Drivers Club May - Jun issue from Hagerty. It has a couple of cool articles about summer driving, which got me thinking about summer options, particularly something with the top off. Up until last November I had a Lotus Elise, which I absolutely loved. I decided reluctantly to sell it because it was not getting almost any driving time, and also because it was getting to the point (it was a 2005 model) where plastic and rubber things started breaking so I saw increasing maintenance costs in the horizon.

So, I have two questions for all of you esteemed forum members:

1) Do you have any suggestion for a cool summer car that can be driven with the top off? I was thinking an old CJ-7, but then I was also thinking of a 1972 Mustach Mach (don't hate!) :)
2) What car have you regretted the most selling?
I just googled it and you can pretty well drive any vehicle with your top off.
1716170013306.jpg

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:24 AM
Reaction score
I've got one of these. Fun drive, if somewhat slow.
The steering doesn't self centre and you have to drive with the top down to compensate for the gearbox noise.
1000000463.jpg

Last edited:

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:24 AM
Reaction score
As Buffett said in ‘Ragtop Day’, “Be careful of that stick shift”

ecohen2

Grenadier Owner
Local time