The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Steering

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:42 PM
Reaction score
probably something to do with the upcoming Camel Toe-phy

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:42 AM
Reaction score
I'm wondering if there are ways to tweak the system a bit -
I have not seen anyone play with it yet and so don’t know the results on these cars, but you can often tweak the return to centre by adjusting the castor. Again have not seen anybody try this yet but you can also use a return to centre steering damper. I am not sure this is going to be a good idea for RHD cars, because the RTC dampers I have seen are not as robust as the IG one and generally have a spring on the outside. The position of the damper on the RHD vehicles is quite vulnerable and I suspect the RTC damper might be damaged too easily if you offroad, may be ok if you are mostlyon road. On LHD cars where it is more protected it may be a better proposition

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
@Lord Ripon USA and others... Maybe this is covered in previous posts on this thread but I'd be interested in the forum's input on the steering choice used by the IG. Is it the 'easy to repair' while on teh road (not that I could do that)? I thought manufacturers were/had switched to fully electric for fuel effeciency, less maintenance and are more reliable.
I thought the intent wasn’t so much ease of repair as robustness / longevity and therefore the likelihood of requiring repair is diminished. Which for the average farmer, explorer, overlander, numpty like myself is far more important than whether I can fix it in transit.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I thought the intent wasn’t so much ease of repair as robustness / longevity and therefore the likelihood of requiring repair is diminished. Which for the average farmer, explorer, overlander, numpty like myself is far more important than whether I can fix it in transit.
Yep. It’s about longevity and lack of kickback offroad etc. there is plenty of stuff a competant person could do repairs on on this vehicle but this wasn’t the primary reason to ise this steering setup

Back
Top Bottom