The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Steering Vibration after Lockers

Local time
1:01 AM
Reaction score
I experienced and noticed that there is tiny but constant vibration coming through the steering wheel after using the lockers. The vibration cannot be physically seen but it can be felt and as it's constant it becomes quite uncomfortable on the wrist after a short whole. The vibrations go away after the car has rested for a good time. Anyone experience this?

Last edited:

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:01 AM
Reaction score
Is it present just with the Front axle locker engaged, or present with just the rear? Assume nothing happening with only the central diff locked?

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:01 PM
Reaction score
Where did you use the lockers? I’d suspect something has thrown a wheel out of balance. If you used them off road its more likely that you have knocked off a wheel weight / collected a load of mud ?

Local time
Reaction score
Where did you use the lockers? I’d suspect something has thrown a wheel out of balance. If you used them off road its more likely that you have knocked off a wheel weight / collected a load of mud ?
I have just edited my post. The vibrations go away after the car has rested for a good time

Local time
Reaction score
Is it present just with the Front axle locker engaged, or present with just the rear? Assume nothing happening with only the central diff locked?
I experienced it after locking just centre and after locking all 3. The vibrations go away after the vehicle has rested

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:01 AM
Reaction score
I experienced it after locking just centre and after locking all 3. The vibrations go away after the vehicle has rested
If it happens with just the centre, then Tom’s type of suggestions are probably first place to eliminate. Not a lot in the centre that could change vibrations, and nothing good (or particularly likely) in the cross axle lockers, especially if they are functioning. Mostly because all the rotation of mass is happening with or without lockers Engaged. Hopefully it turns out to be another effect of something unrelated. Good luck, and enjoy 😉

Back
Top Bottom