The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Start / Stop

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:48 AM
Reaction score
All cars are fitted with the system to comply with regulations. First action after starting is always to disable it.

There maybe coding eventually that you can disable it, but agents will not be able to by law.

Have to say I am very lucky, as on my car the system is always disabled - yippee!
Is yours permanently disabled because it’s not working. My diesel stop/start has never worked since new. Currently on 87% battery charge 🤔

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Is yours permanently disabled because it’s not working. My diesel stop/start has never worked since new. Currently on 87% battery charge 🤔
@Skydance dance mine has never worked - even after the software update (not mentioned it to the dealer). My Trialmaster rarely shows over 80% charge BTW.

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:48 AM
Reaction score
I wonder if Bimmercode is compatible with our vehicles. It's an app that is used to customize the settings of the vehicle through and OBD dongle.

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
@Skydance dance mine has never worked - even after the software update (not mentioned it to the dealer). My Trialmaster rarely shows over 80% charge BTW.
I been told it needs to be 85% charge before it works and a certain temperature. However, I’m now on 88% charge and it still doesn’t work. No big deal I guess but I wished everything works as it should.

alexandruast

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:48 AM
Reaction score
I am thinking about using a small programming board to trigger the contact with a specified delay (5-10 seconds) every time the engine is started (easily detected by voltage) and ign signal.
Planning to use the start-stop button as mode toggle for my Lazer ledbar.

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I been told it needs to be 85% charge before it works and a certain temperature. However, I’m now on 88% charge and it still doesn’t work. No big deal I guess but I wished everything works as it should.
Stop start also doesn’t work if the air con is on in my Grenadier.

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Stop start also doesn’t work if the air con is on in my Grenadier.
Mine does not work whether aircon is either off or on. Beginning to think that my battery needs changing. It’s always charging at 1/2 amps, rarely above 85% charge. Discharges stationary, when you move the steering wheel. I’ve put in on a Ctek charger, chargers says it’s full but battery says it’s around 85% still. No idea but it’s in for a service next month.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:48 AM
Reaction score
Mine does not work whether aircon is either off or on. Beginning to think that my battery needs changing. It’s always charging at 1/2 amps, rarely above 85% charge. Discharges stationary, when you move the steering wheel. I’ve put in on a Ctek charger, chargers says it’s full but battery says it’s around 85% still. No idea but it’s in for a service next month.
Doesn’t sound right. If I don’t drive for a week SoC is in low 90-percentile. Drive it for a few days and it sits at 98% (indicated).

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Doesn’t sound right. If I don’t drive for a week SoC is in low 90-percentile. Drive it for a few days and it sits at 98% (indicated).
Yours sounds perfect. Mine car was manufactured in March 2024. One of the early ones.

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Sounds like the software is wrong and the battery is maybe 100% but the software is saying battery is too low so not letting stop start work. Hopefully you’ll get it sorted next month when serviced.

alexandruast

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:48 AM
Reaction score
These are the conditions that cancel start-stop. As I am interested in disabling this feature for good, the first thing to try is to use a dummy sealed plug into the towing socket.

1712467245468.jpg

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
These are the conditions that cancel start-stop. As I am interested in disabling this feature for good, the first thing to try is to use a dummy sealed plug into the towing socket.

View attachment 7852015
Do a search of the threads, I'm sure there is some conversation on using a dummy plug in the towing socket.

Last edited:
Reactions: PBD

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
5:48 PM
Reaction score
Do a search of the threads, I'm sure there is some conversation on using a dummy plug in the rowing socket.
You have to activate wading mode for full functionality 😉

Back
Top Bottom