The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Squeaking Suspension

TheChuckleMonkey

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:37 PM
Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone else had a "squeaking" from the n/s front of the vehicle when driving over uneven ground be it off road or just bad road surface? I have already had the damper replaced under warranty as when it hit near full bound or rebound it squeaked badly but this has been remedied so I think that squeak was hiding the the current one.

I did think it could be dry bushings as the weather has been hot and dry recently but it sounds more like something has not been fitted correctly and?

TCM

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have the same what you are hearing are the bushes and the shock absorbers. Perfectly normal , i quite enjoy the noise to be honest , sounds very industrial to me i like it .

TheChuckleMonkey

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply and good to know it's not just me! I can only hear it if I drive with the windows open at a lowish speed with no other external noise so not really an issue. I just have that niggling feeling that something is not quite right but it is just down to the noise. When it goes back for the software update the technician will have it overnight and as he is experienced with 4x4's and ag machinery I'm sure he will know if there is an issue.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply and good to know it's not just me! I can only hear it if I drive with the windows open at a lowish speed with no other external noise so not really an issue. I just have that niggling feeling that something is not quite right but it is just down to the noise. When it goes back for the software update the technician will have it overnight and as he is experienced with 4x4's and ag machinery I'm sure he will know if there is an issue.
Check for rust!!!

JDGrenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:37 PM
Reaction score
Thanks for the post. I have the same squeak except it is in the rear. I'm going to spray some silicon on the bushings at the rear control arms, we will see....

Back
Top Bottom