The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Spare Wheel Cover

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
6:24 PM
Reaction score
> this is NOT the locking spare wheel box but just a clip in cover...

I don't think so. The pictures below are just a second before the previously posted picture.

And does Ineos offer a non lockable spare-wheel inlet at all?

Screenshot_20220922_113201.jpgScreenshot_20220922_113211.jpg

Last edited:

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:24 PM
Reaction score
I guess that the cap is bolted to the tire holder with the three bolts seen here.

The three humps around the wheel center in the back likely cover the wheel screws but there seem to be three extra threads in between the wheel bolts to secure the cover. It would be nonsense to have a lockable box which is just clamped and could thus be stolen easily.

View attachment 7793826
You are talking about different things. He means the simple cover, not the box.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:24 AM
Reaction score

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Why would you choose the clip on cover over the storage box??? That doesn't make sense. Why would anyone know what holds it on as nobody would ever choose it???? I am pretty sure I read somewhere that 99.876% of orders were for the lockable storage box.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
> He means the simple cover, not the box.

Isn't the entire thing a unit? May be even made of two halves, upper and lower but forming a single unit?

Would they charge 298 Euros just for a plastic cap?

The rear view in the configurator shows a wheel without any cover. The humps of the rear plate from the picture shown before correspond with the wheel-bolt positions from the pictures above.

- So what are the three visible, smaller bolts for? For sure not for the wheel as they are way too weak.

And I haven't seen any accessory other than the lockable box which could be the cause for the three smaller bolts. And the configurator doesn't say "Lockable cover" but "Lockable storage box".

rearview.jpg

Last edited:

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Why would you choose the clip on cover over the storage box??? That doesn't make sense. Why would anyone know what holds it on as nobody would ever choose it???? I am pretty sure I read somewhere that 99.876% of orders were for the lockable storage box.
You're wrong. I'm sure they were 99,875996 % !
(Though some sources say only 99,8759959%)

IG Pop

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Wheel cover comes as standard for Station Wagon (Belstaff Edition) only. The lockable one with storage costs extra.

Camskii

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Because the storage box costs an extra $450 and the clip on cover is standard. If it clips in securely then at least you can still chuck stuff in the back

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Even if Ineos assembles the 'Lockable box' of two parts, the compartment and the cover, it would be a unit if the cover has a strong full circular clip and is a 'one way' clip - because it will then hardly be possible to open it without destroying it at the same time. This would as well still be a unit because it was finally frictionally and positively connected to the rear screw connection. I.e. you could not change just the cover later but had to replace the entire thing.

Last edited:

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
5:24 PM
Reaction score
Doesn't surprise me. The lockable storage box is one of the cleverest little features on the grenadier. Now i just hope it will work with aftermarket wheels...

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
> He means the simple cover, not the box.

Isn't the entire thing a unit? May be even made of two halves, upper and lower but forming a single unit?

Would they charge 298 Euros just for a plastic cap?

The rear view in the configurator shows a wheel without any cover. The humps of the rear plate from the picture shown before correspond with the wheel-bolt positions from the pictures above.

- So what are the three visible, smaller bolts for? For sure not for the wheel as they are way too weak.

And I haven't seen any accessory other than the lockable box which could be the cause for the three smaller bolts. And the configurator doesn't say "Lockable cover" but "Lockable storage box".

View attachment 7793835

Why don't you read this thread from the beginning... all the answers to your multiple incorrect posts are there... 🙄

Feel free to apologise for your "I don't think so"..."that's nonsense" posts.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
The 2 options are shown here. The lockbox for £290 or the cover standard on belstaff editions

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220922-125050_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220922-125050_Chrome.jpg
    406.8 KB · Views: 38

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
> this is NOT the locking spare wheel box but just a clip in cover...

I don't think so.

OP replies:
Yeh the clip in cover not the box

And does Ineos offer a non lockable spare-wheel inlet at all?

From earlier in the SAME thread:

Belstaff editions get a hard centre cover and so look like this:
Screenshot_20220519_225836.jpg

It actually looks like the photo the OP used, in a cropped format...

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Here's one in real life. (Non storage wheel cover)
Screenshot_20220922-125902_Instagram.jpg

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Because the storage box costs an extra $450 and the clip on cover is standard. If it clips in securely then at least you can still chuck stuff in the back
👍

Or it's just a decorative/aesthetic finish to hide the wheel bolts which over time may rust up.

Greg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That looks like a removable cap in the centre. Is there some sort of attachment mechanism under it or is it just a leverage point to get the thing off?

Back
Top Bottom