The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Soft Elements Underside

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:06 PM
Reaction score
Just looking at the Production model from the Spanish video front springs area: the braid will be ok generally, but to me is there a few soft plastic runs here... are we thinking these will remain save for the life of the vehicle? I am thinking small branches/limbs and large gibbers coming up from rougher terrain with direct LOS from ground to impact zones. Am I just overthinking.

1681393236790.png

Hannes01

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:06 PM
Reaction score
if you mean the brake line, that's a steel braided line, what alternatives would there be?

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
if you mean the brake line, that's a steel braided line, what alternatives would there be?
Behind that are two lines - both look exposed - looked under my Triton and I dont have them! Just seems to be an odd location as exposed to LOS attacked from ground up. Only a though. Brake line is braided and good.

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:06 PM
Reaction score
Behind that are two lines - both look exposed - looked under my Triton and I dont have them! Just seems to be an odd location as exposed to LOS attacked from ground up. Only a though. Brake line is braided and good.
Pad wear sensor and wheel speed sensor cables?

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Pad wear sensor and wheel speed sensor cables?
Likely - but not 100% sure. Tyre pressure??? Anyway, plastic and in strike zone IMO. Maybe the 1st drivers to receive can check, and look a little deeper for us?

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I ripped the speed sensor off my defender on a stick, lost ABS and TC.. i guess its a problem on most vehicles these days.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My 05 TRITON has not very much gone on there... like... a spring and shock. I don't even know if it has front brakes - those that work anyway!

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
11:06 PM
Reaction score
Just looking at the Production model from the Spanish video front springs area: the braid will be ok generally, but to me is there a few soft plastic runs here... are we thinking these will remain save for the life of the vehicle? I am thinking small branches/limbs and large gibbers coming up from rougher terrain with direct LOS from ground to impact zones. Am I just overthinking.

View attachment 7808396
Brake lines are wear items. Braided lines give a false sense of security as you cannot assess the hardening and cracking of the rubber.
The braiding can reduce abrasion etc but don't assume they will last the vehicle's lifetime. Maybe 10 years.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Goodridge offer a lifetime warranty, although the wording may be a little off:
Screenshot_20230414_143710.jpg

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Brake lines are wear items. Braided lines give a false sense of security as you cannot assess the hardening and cracking of the rubber.
The braiding can reduce abrasion etc but don't assume they will last the vehicle's lifetime. Maybe 10 years.
Yeah, brake lines are ok. Wear items front of house might need a little love. Have to see what this looks like when it arrives. What I saw from the video look to be a pretty good quality underside...
I have only ever had one problem with a line, fuel line crack in a car that was 12 years old at the time.

Back
Top Bottom