The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

So where are all the first impressions? (right here)

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
1:26 AM
Reaction score
If you buy such a tape from 3M you can hardly be wrong. Everything I've ever seen and/or used from them was perfect. Not only tape, just everything.

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
12:26 AM
Reaction score
Hi Job
Wasn’t me that came up with the idea but I ordered some from Amazon. Loads of it on there. I think I chose 75mm width. Not arrived yet. Car door sill protector was the name. Also found using ’Helicopter Tape’ or ‘Bike frame protection tape’.
When installing mine, I used a craft knife to fettle it in. you‘d struggle to see it on mine and it does protect the paint work.. I considered using on the rear door ladder, but though that was being too precious.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:26 PM
Reaction score
When installing mine, I used a craft knife to fettle it in. you‘d struggle to see it on mine and it does protect the paint work.. I considered using on the rear door ladder, but though that was being too precious.
I would recommend wrapping a strip of skateboard deck tape around the ladder treads...it will probably go onto my step rails also...on a test drive I found the rail to be a little slippery... The tape has quite a coarse surface and seems to last...happy motoring...still can't wait for my car ;)

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:26 PM
Reaction score
I would recommend wrapping a strip of skateboard deck tape around the ladder treads...it will probably go onto my step rails also...on a test drive I found the rail to be a little slippery... The tape has quite a coarse surface and seems to last...happy motoring...still can't wait for my car ;)
We have already climbed onto the roof a few times. However, it was dry, so we had no problems. When it gets wet, I can imagine that they become slippery.

Reactions: Max

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
SkateboaRd tape sounds like a great idea. I’ll have to review reviews now on the best tape types.

Reactions: Max
Local time
Reaction score
Mmm. We overheated in the cabin today. Its a hot day here in the UK. Put the A/C on lowest temperature setting and highest fan speed but no cold air came out.
Mine has done the same, tested by a very thorough supplier and there is a hole in the Aircon pipe. Part is on order but I am not convinced Ineos will achieve the 48hr delivery promise.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Mmm. We overheated in the cabin today. Its a hot day here in the UK. Put the A/C on lowest temperature setting and highest fan speed but no cold air came out.
You saw the other post, where someone's system needed regassing?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just caught up, I hadn't seen your post, there was someone else who had the regas issue.

Reactions: PBD

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I drove about 300 km on highways this week and actually had no one error messages during the trips. Somehow it seems to have calmed down. Let's wait and see.
Yesterday my one drove me nuts with every possible red and yellow warning at every new start. Today when driving the first time a longer trip with my wife, NO WARNING AT ALL!
Damn this vehicle knows when it is time to shut up! 😂

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I hope so. My wife hasn't had at test drive at all and I hope to present her a comfy first drive ...

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:26 PM
Reaction score
Yeah I'd prefer the marine stuff since a lot of it is designed to be ok for bare feet. Skateboard tape is no joke if you grab it wrong (closing the small door, etc.)

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:26 PM
Reaction score
@Ingemar recently posted his 10,000km review on Youtube here and it's definitely worth a watch. I am curious to know if other owners have the same, frankly, cheap looking and operating plastic bonnet release and large rear door handles. See the linked video starting at the 1:30 minute mark. If so, I really hope this and other plastics are upgraded before the U.S. release. I have also seen reports of flimsy plastic for the large rear door storage compartment, bottle jack cover, and even the covers for the exterior roof electrical outlets.

Will I like it? - Yep!

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Had the commercial station waggon a few weeks now.
Had a few weird alarm warnings with the worst being a rear seat belt warning, won’t clear even with belts connected, after a stop of a few minutes it goes - sure a software update will sort these out.
Only thing I would want different is the rear camera- it’s off set to the towing bar making you out to the right. God alone knows how they missed that cock up.
Getting waved at by old defender owners - must look similar!

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@Ingemar recently posted his 10,000km review on Youtube here and it's definitely worth a watch. I am curious to know if other owners have the same, frankly, cheap looking and operating plastic bonnet release and large rear door handles. See the linked video starting at the 1:30 minute mark. If so, I really hope this and other plastics are upgraded before the U.S. release. I have also seen reports of flimsy plastic for the large rear door storage compartment, bottle jack cover, and even the covers for the exterior roof electrical outlets.
The bonnet release isn’t as solid as the twin pull one on my 5 series, but the rear back door one is in to the job no problem.. There are a few areas of flimsy plastic, but they’re more that offset by other items of super high quality like the stainless steel tie down rings which are way over engineered but look great and will last a life time. ditto the heavy duty floor covering.
The rear door first aid kit cover and the Jack storage are the only buts I’d want changing out and I’m pretty sure that there will be some cool after market stuff for that.

JOB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
There are a few areas of flimsy plastic, but they’re more that offset by other items of super high quality like the stainless steel tie down rings which are way over engineered but look great and will last a life time.
I agree with that. I think people who “don’t get” the Grenadier really ought to look underneath it. I couldn’t really give a crap about the first aid kit cover, the metal braided brake hoses, quality of the chassis and all of the running gear are where the money goes. And to the morons saying the BMW engine will bugger up, when it does I will just send it to DieselpumpUK to fit an OM606 engine!

Back
Top Bottom