The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

So there is or is not 2000w available?

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:18 PM
Reaction score
Honestly, I am not sure why you are so ungrateful that people are trying to help you. Clearly there is no answer to be easily had so I guess you are going to have to actually do some work yourself. Maybe reach out to Ineos directly? Then they can deal with your ungrateful attitude.

We are all figuring this vehicle and its intricacies out as we go. Have some patience and understanding and maybe work with those that are trying to be helpful instead of kicking mud in everyone’s faces because we aren’t giving you the toy that you want.
Exactly what did you say that I should be grateful for? "Clearly there is no answer".... What you mean to say is you don't know, and that's fine, but don't come giving advice.

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
This is a friendly car forum where enthusiasts ask questions and encourage each other to learn about their own vehicles. With a bit of international banter thrown in.
Not a place to try and stereotype/insult someone. Even if you wear a 10 gallon hat , speak loudly , pack a gut and arsenal of weapons , and pay alimony to 3 wives , you don't call people "chimps". It's a racially charged term like using the "N" word. You just don't.
As for my educational status , well after studying for 15 years after matriculating , I spent 10s of 1000s of hours cutting people open and learning about what makes humans tick. Surgical training and pathology training , then followed by 30 years of professional practise.
Oh and I've also restored my share of vehicles. Mostly autodidactico.
So you can see that helping and encouraging others to learn and get their hands dirty as I have done is welded in my character.
PS I still have an old 90s inverter. It is a toy. All 300w of dirty power of it.
The big 400W - best of luck with that!
What stereotype? Come down off the cross super Doc where did I call anyone a chimp? That's a lot of knowledge. Wish it had been enough to read a question and understand what was being asked instead of going on and on. I said "Like a chimp". A chimp is an animal and it means the hammer method of fixing something before using the brain. Again, I bow to you being a doctor, but lets be honest to ourselves and admit that I asked a specific question with even a photo and you had jack to offer but felt like hearing yourself talk. Your best advice was to read a manual, which I'd done and it doesn't address this so now go read yours, or to open it up. I'm not in the same state as my vehicle and even if I were I wouldn't start pulling panels because, well, that's the smart way to handle things.

Last edited:
Local time
Reaction score
What stereotype? Come down off the cross super Doc where did I call anyone a chimp? That's a lot of knowledge. Wish it had been enough to read a question and understand what was being asked instead of going on and on. I said "Like a chimp". A chimp is an animal and it means the hammer method of fixing something before using the brain. Again, I bow to you being a doctor, but lets be honest to ourselves and admit that I asked a specific question with even a photo and you had jack to offer but felt like hearing yourself talk. Your best advice was to read a manual, which I'd done and it doesn't address this so now go read yours, or to open it up. I'm not in the same state as my vehicle and even if I were I wouldn't start pulling panels because, well, that's the smart way to handle things.
Taz was being the atypical wanker surgeon that is under the impression competence in one field equates to competence in all fields, but for future reference, all you really need to do is let it sit. Maybe give it the verbal side eye to acknowledge it.. never get in a huff. Use a few double entandres because they never see it, and take it as a compliment. Don't get in a tizzy. Have some fun. It's the internet after all.

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:18 AM
Reaction score
It's a 12V system with a 120V inverter so your calculation is wrong. A 2000 Watt inverter at full load could draw up to 200 amps (Redarc website says divide the Watts by 10 for amp draw from the battery). What is the fuse for the inverter? That should tell you. If it's a 40 amp fuse, it can only handle a 400 Watt inverter.
The label on your socket is a mistake. Mine says 400 W and that's what the manual says. Is it all fake news?
The inverter is fused with a 60 amp Z case fuse on the middle stud (4) of the seven stud power distribution box under the rear seat.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
9:18 PM
Reaction score
Volts x amps = watts
That's not entirely correct. Volts x Amps is just VA, you're missing the power factor.

Volts x Amps x PF is Watts, where PF is the power factor in my nomenclature.

The PF is in genenal 1 for ohmic loads, like incandescent lamps, elactrical heating devices and the like, as opposed to electronic devices like switched power supplies. For my Laptops switched power supply it is around 0.6 .

Lars

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:18 PM
Reaction score
The inverter is fused with a 60 amp Z case fuse on the middle stud (4) of the seven stud power distribution box under the rear seat.
Thanks for the info. When are we going to get the service and wiring documentation for our vehicles? I had no idea where the fuse was.

Back
Top Bottom