The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

So there is or is not 2000w available?

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:28 PM
Reaction score

It’s discussed here a little, IA state it’s 400w on their site.

I think it’s one of those things that needs to be done empirically.
There's a DC socket on the outside that is labeled 400w. This is AC on the inside showing a 2kw and .4kw. Then it shows a 20A fuse which with 120v would mean there's 2400 total watts. There is no documentation addressing it that I have found.

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'd just pull the panel off.
Nothing to be frightened of.

Or just wait to be spoonfed.
You went from quoting the manual to now saying to pull panels off. You either know what you're talking about or you don't. What you'd do isn't a very educated response. It's not about being spoonfed it's about thinking things through and handling things not like a chimp.

Last edited:

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
8:28 AM
Reaction score
You went from quoting the manual to now saying to pull panels off. You either know what you're talking about or you don't. What you'd do isn't a very educated response. It's not about being spoonfed it's about thinking things through and handling things not like a chimp.
This is a friendly car forum where enthusiasts ask questions and encourage each other to learn about their own vehicles. With a bit of international banter thrown in.
Not a place to try and stereotype/insult someone. Even if you wear a 10 gallon hat , speak loudly , pack a gut and arsenal of weapons , and pay alimony to 3 wives , you don't call people "chimps". It's a racially charged term like using the "N" word. You just don't.
As for my educational status , well after studying for 15 years after matriculating , I spent 10s of 1000s of hours cutting people open and learning about what makes humans tick. Surgical training and pathology training , then followed by 30 years of professional practise.
Oh and I've also restored my share of vehicles. Mostly autodidactico.
So you can see that helping and encouraging others to learn and get their hands dirty as I have done is welded in my character.
PS I still have an old 90s inverter. It is a toy. All 300w of dirty power of it.
The big 400W - best of luck with that!

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
No offense to everyone but it was pretty clear I’m asking for someone that has first hand knowledge and so far it’s been at best people pointing to a book in my glove box. I was hoping to avoid that.
Honestly, I am not sure why you are so ungrateful that people are trying to help you. Clearly there is no answer to be easily had so I guess you are going to have to actually do some work yourself. Maybe reach out to Ineos directly? Then they can deal with your ungrateful attitude.

We are all figuring this vehicle and its intricacies out as we go. Have some patience and understanding and maybe work with those that are trying to be helpful instead of kicking mud in everyone’s faces because we aren’t giving you the toy that you want.

Local time
Reaction score
There's a DC socket on the outside that is labeled 400w. This is AC on the inside showing a 2kw and .4kw. Then it shows a 20A fuse which with 120v would mean there's 2400 total watts. There is no documentation addressing it that I have found.
That whole 2400w conclusion by doing the math, is a guess. That's an assumption you wouldn't actually make if needing to know with any level of certainty. They are protecting the conductor at 20a, that's all that actually tells you. What matters is the nameplate on the box, but I don't see one. Maybe it's on the other side.

Local time
Reaction score
Honestly, I am not sure why you are so ungrateful that people are trying to help you. Clearly there is no answer to be easily had so I guess you are going to have to actually do some work yourself. Maybe reach out to Ineos directly? Then they can deal with your ungrateful attitude.

We are all figuring this vehicle and its intricacies out as we go. Have some patience and understanding and maybe work with those that are trying to be helpful instead of kicking mud in everyone’s faces because we aren’t giving you the toy that you want.
Its odd how different people can read something and have different impressions. I didn't take it the way you did. He asked what turns out to be a legitimate question in light of no one actually posessing an accurate answer, and all he got was pompous advise to be a self made man, and go figure it out for himself.

Last edited:

Skymark

Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
At work, we used to call it the 3-hop email rule. Whenever a complex topic went back and forth more than three times in an email or chat with no clear answer, we trained people to treat that as a signal to pull it out of the computer and have a face to face synchronous conversation in a room (or call, or video). This was because there were too many opportunities for misunderstandings with just the written word. Reintroducing the human moment more often than not took the temperature way down. Perhaps not practical for an Internet forum though!

Local time
Reaction score
At work, we used to call it the 3-hop email rule. Whenever a complex topic went back and forth more than three times in an email or chat with no clear answer, we trained people to treat that as a signal to pull it out of the computer and have a face to face synchronous conversation in a room (or call, or video). This was because there were too many opportunities for misunderstandings with just the written word. Reintroducing the human moment more often than not took the temperature way down. Perhaps not practical for an Internet forum though!
I like that.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:28 AM
Reaction score
It's not a true sign wave anyway. It's a sham like the smokers pack I ordered and the cheap audio store base unit. . :p
That smokers pack is a real crack up and surely just someone taking the piss.
I stopped smoking just before I turned 16 around 45 years ago so I wouldn't have ordered one anyway.
A 400 Watt inverter seems a fairly weak and useless thing to me so again would never order it.
As for that stupid bass speaker....I pity the poor person sitting on top of it. If you are serious about needing better music reproduction surely you would put your own system in. The standard one in mine works fine.

Local time
Reaction score
That smokers pack is a real crack up and surely just someone taking the piss.
I stopped smoking just before I turned 16 around 45 years ago so I wouldn't have ordered one anyway.
A 400 Watt inverter seems a fairly weak and useless thing to me so again would never order it.
As for that stupid bass speaker....I pity the poor person sitting on top of it. If you are serious about needing better music reproduction surely you would put your own system in. The standard one in mine works fine.
I never smoked. I just thought it would be cool to have an old school ashtray and lighter. It's a useful cubby. I would hide spare cash.......aaaand.... I just figured out where I left my beretta tomcat 15 years ago!!!! :) goddamn. It's under the old trooper center console. I still have it!

Lars

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:28 PM
Reaction score
It's a 12V system with a 120V inverter so your calculation is wrong. A 2000 Watt inverter at full load could draw up to 200 amps (Redarc website says divide the Watts by 10 for amp draw from the battery). What is the fuse for the inverter? That should tell you. If it's a 40 amp fuse, it can only handle a 400 Watt inverter.
The label on your socket is a mistake. Mine says 400 W and that's what the manual says. Is it all fake news?

Local time
Reaction score
Here's what I learned long ago in night school. F=MA P = VI = I²R Ohm, Watt and Ampere are spelled with capitals because they're named for people. If you want to know what the outlet puts out, throw a load on the damned thing and run it through a reliable tester. What I don't understand is why truck manufacturers (my Tacoma) put useless AC outlets (400W) in the truck beds that won't even run a compressor or power tool. When my engine is off it's only 100W. A mouse in a gerbil wheel produces more power. What does concern me, and it's been mentioned here before, is the lack of GFCI protection in campers. I can get enough Amps (remember it's the current that kills you) off my Goal Zero to send me from Moab to Kingdom Come. I'd be more comfortable running all DC but I'm too lazy. Low power solid state microwave ovens are for real but not yet for consumers.

Last edited:

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It's a 12V system with a 120V inverter so your calculation is wrong. A 2000 Watt inverter at full load could draw up to 200 amps (Redarc website says divide the Watts by 10 for amp draw from the battery). What is the fuse for the inverter? That should tell you. If it's a 40 amp fuse, it can only handle a 400 Watt inverter.
The label on your socket is a mistake. Mine says 400 W and that's what the manual says. Is it all fake news?
I didn't calculate anything I read what's labeled on it and posted a photo of it. Volts x amps = watts. a 120v system with a 20 amp fuse is 2400 watts. The cover says 2kw and .4kw. 2000+400= 24000. We're just talking addition here so not sure where my math is wrong. Whatever the inverter pulls in doesn't matter, it's not part of this conversation. What an inverter pulls in doesn't change what I'm asking about which is what the output is. I don't know what the fuse for the inverter is it's why I asked about it in the initial post.

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I just say look at the original post. So many people are experts yet can't give a clear and concise answer. It's like asking the color the sky and people talking about weather patterns. How hard is it to read a question, even see a photo of it, and realize you do or don't have the answer?

Back
Top Bottom