The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

TD5-90

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
7:43 AM
Reaction score
Anyway it is good you didn’t get the car with the issue with the transfer case. if it is the one I heard of, it could just block at road speed. This would cause a catastrophic destruction of the transfer case + transmission + probably the motor.
Nothing you want to experience.
Someone here in the forum wrote that the exchange of his transfer case only took about a week so we’ll keep our fingers crossed for you!
You're worried about the the vehicle / the vehicle components in such a situation?? You'd rather be worried about the driver + passengers. In such an event, none of the clever electronic safety mechanisms will be able to kick in and rectify....

It is good that Ineos takes the proper path and just replaces transfer cases in doubt!
What I dare to criticise is letting the vehicle sit at the dealer for weeks and weeks, let the client issue full payment and license the vehicle, and then, in the last minute, come around with "Oh, haven't we told you that your transfer case is faulty and has to be replaced?"...

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You're worried about the the vehicle / the vehicle components in such a situation?? You'd rather be worried about the driver + passengers. In such an event, none of the clever electronic safety mechanisms will be able to kick in and rectify....

It is good that Ineos takes the proper path and just replaces transfer cases in doubt!
What I dare to criticise is letting the vehicle sit at the dealer for weeks and weeks, let the client issue full payment and license the vehicle, and then, in the last minute, come around with "Oh, haven't we told you that your transfer case is faulty and has to be replaced?"...
I didn’t mention the potential risks for the people in and around the car as it seems to be logical to me.
If I would describe the potential of a hand granade I would expect it as well to be clear to everyone.

TD5-90

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I didn’t mention the potential risks for the people in and around the car as it seems to be logical to me.
If I would describe the potential of a hand granade I would expect it as well to be clear to everyone.
Ok, and the risks to the vehicle components are _less_obvious??
Sorry, cannot follow this argument.

I'm really not a safety fanatic, never have been known to be one...

Mattes' original post was on the embarassing and nearly pathetic buying experience. And I simply dared to agree.

And maybe I'm just Sick Of Waiting and lack the positive emotions obviously coming to nearly everybody when actually driving the Gren... ;-)

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:43 AM
Reaction score
Cheers to all you patient lot that are so close to the finish line. The clock has just begun for us in North America. So I’ve decided to replace all the brake lines and fit discs to the front of my IIa 109. That should keep me occupied for a while, then of course I get to drive it!

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ok, and the risks to the vehicle components are _less_obvious??
Sorry, cannot follow this argument.

I'm really not a safety fanatic, never have been known to be one...

Mattes' original post was on the embarassing and nearly pathetic buying experience. And I simply dared to agree.

And maybe I'm just Sick Of Waiting and lack the positive emotions obviously coming to nearly everybody when actually driving the Gren... ;-)
I don’t think that we disagree at any point here. I just wanted to make clear what happened with the transfer case in the past and that it is not a defect that would cost „just“ another transfer case but more or less a new drivetrain with the obvious big risk of a fatal accident.
Without knowing that the transfer case could block everything the catastrophic consequences could not be deduced.
And don’t try to argue about the timeline of fixing problems and communication. There’s no difference between our view neither!

Local time
Reaction score
As some of you may have seen from earlier posts, after months of lies from Ineos, I cancelled my order and requested a refund. Ineos did not perform the required validation checks and transmitted the refund to a closed account. They promised they'd transferred £2,500 which, after two weeks, they then claimed was £2,050 (i.e. not including reservation fee). It's now been over 4 weeks and I've lost count of the emails and calls.

The card provider has supplied documented evidence that the funds were returned to Ineos. Today's email from Ineos states that they have made the transfer and will be closing the case. They accept the account is closed but refuse to anything about it. The Ombudsman states that only the merchant i.e. Ineos can rectify their mistake.

I know many of you have received cars and are happy with the treatment you've received. I wanted to highlight my story for any potential buyers considering placing an order. The contract they supply is not fit for purpose (removes right to cancel but has no quoted dated back-stop) and if you decide not to sign, you enter the ridiculous games I'm currently in. If you're going to order, I would recommend you mentally write-off the deposit as I doubt you'll ever see it returned.

Der Mattes

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yesterday I got some updates on the problem of my car. To be precise: It is not the Transfer Case which is making problems, it‘s the reduction gear that must be changed. The time delay now is caused by the fact that my dealers mechanics have to proof to Ineos by videos and sound recordings that there is a problem. As there seems to be no set up guarantee process for cases like this it takes days to get to the point that Ineos will ship the gear to the dealership. I will keep you updated …

Mauro

Contract Signed
Local time
Reaction score
I'm starting to get a little worried.
Full payment made about ten days ago (confirmed by Inesos), including provincial registration tax (IPT). No further contact from retail partner. Car produced in March 2023 and delivered to retail partner last May. No news of Italian registrations.
In addition, I read more and more frequently about numerous problems: AC not working, water in the car, software problems, exposed cables, steering wheels not properly fitted, steering and gearbox failures, etc.
So I join those sick of waiting

Barney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
in der Nähe von Frankfurt a. M. Deutschland
I've had my car for two weeks now, I've been waiting for it for eight weeks. It's been at the dealer for that long. My steering wheel is straight, the car is fantastic, the slight software glitches are tolerable and will be saved safely. I can also emphasize how many ahead of me it is worth waiting and not losing your nerve.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:43 PM
Reaction score
What exactly do you mean by reduction gear?
There was an earlier report on this forum that an oil feed in the transfer case was drilled at an incorrect angle, causing oil starvation. I'm presuming the "reduction gear" is the 2:1 driving gear which engages when the TF case lever is shifted to "low"...

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:43 AM
Reaction score
Full payment made about ten days ago (confirmed by Inesos), including provincial registration tax (IPT). No further contact from retail partner. Car produced in March 2023 and delivered to retail partner last May. No news of Italian registrations.
In addition, I read more and more frequently about numerous problems: AC not working, water in the car, software problems, exposed cables, steering wheels not properly fitted, steering and gearbox failures, etc.
Don't listen to all of the negative stuff. It will arrive and that is frustrating. You will have the false messages (but no warning lights), but as for the rest, just wait and I can imagine yours will be fine.

Forums, are strange places, people always want to find the negatives and it does get tiring. Sometimes I think you are better not reading half of the stuff written, but we can't help ourselves.

Good luck and I hope you get the car soon..... :)

Pat

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
You car is in Verona ;-) and your VIN ends with 59.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Don't listen to all of the negative stuff.
I'd rather say listen to it all and go into it with your eyes open. A known problem is already half way to being fixed.

I really wouldn't describe it as negative, you should count your blessings that others are willing to find these issues, share them with words and photos, discuss the root causes, look for remedies and provide feedback on any Ineos actions.

The only thing negative about that is thinking it's a negative. 🤔

Forums, are strange places, people always want to find the negatives and it does get tiring. Sometimes I think you are better not reading half of the stuff written, but we can't help ourselves.
Then you are just in blissful ignorance of the problems ~ they are always there and if you find them on your own then you then have a bigger worry than knowing it could be an issue before hand. A problem shared and all that.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
There was an earlier report on this forum that an oil feed in the transfer case was drilled at an incorrect angle, causing oil starvation. I'm presuming the "reduction gear" is the 2:1 driving gear which engages when the TF case lever is shifted to "low"...
Similar LR issue in the late 90’s. Maintenance
Campaign solved it with a little extra time to get the cross-drilled mainshafts.

Reactions: PBD

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'd rather say listen to it all and go into it with your eyes open. A known problem is already half way to being fixed.

I really wouldn't describe it as negative, you should count your blessings that others are willing to find these issues, share them with words and photos, discuss the root causes, look for remedies and provide feedback on any Ineos actions.

The only thing negative about that is thinking it's a negative. 🤔

Then you are just in blissful ignorance of the problems ~ they are always there and if you find them on your own then you then have a bigger worry than knowing it could be an issue before hand. A problem shared and all that.
I also think their is fine line between product destruction and trying to be helpful.

I have never known a new car launch where people are continuously trying to find fault with it. I find it depressing, and the resulting outcome is people who read these forums think the Grenadier is going to disintegrate around their ears. When in fact the opposite is true, the vehicle is robust with the major exception of the software problem which all owners have experienced (false warnings on the centre binnacle without warning lights). I can't ignore that people are experiencing other problems, but until they affect my vehicle, my answer is so what.

I would agree that the launch should have been delayed until the software was compliant, but I imagine the pressures to launch were far too extreme.

The issues I have raised on the feedback thread would have been known to me, irrespective of what others have said and to be fair there is only one of any consequence and that's the software issue.

I spoke at length to Chandlers (agent) yesterday and yes they have had vehicles with issues (software), but none have broken down, which is very encouraging. They are on top of the situation, as owners have reported back to them with their issues which is duly fed back to Ineos. Ineos are also listening as some owners fortunately had an opportunity to feed back their impressions to them via a recent survey.

FINALLY, those who receive their vehicles after the updates (one of which is software) will have a different story to tell.

What we all should be doing is driving and not typing......and having a holiday. :) SO, have a great day DCPU and enjoy the drive.

alvan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My registration procedure should be completed at the end of next week. Few hours ago I completed the payment (car and registration). My Italian retail partner is very efficient and cooperative; since I live as far as three hours by car plus eight hours by ferry, they immediately sent me a video of my car when some days ago it was delivered to them. I add that my car seems to be already updated, since it will be delivered to me as soon the registration will be completed.

Back
Top Bottom