The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Seriously, No Dual Zone Climate Control?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
11:14 AM
Reaction score
When it gets too cold for my wife with the air conditioner on, she closes the blower nozzles on her side and I turn mine to face me. That works.
If it gets too cold for me, we do it the other way around.

Two zones, manually controlled.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:14 AM
Reaction score
When it gets too cold for my wife with the air conditioner on, she closes the blower nozzles on her side and I turn mine to face me. That works.
If it gets too cold for me, we do it the other way around.

Two zones, manually controlled.
This is what we end up doing... Even in her truck, which has dual zone climate control....

Local time
Reaction score
IA has already flagged a more upmarket "lifestyle" version of the Grenadier in 2025 - sidestepping closer to the new Defender.

As well as being 300kg lighter - it will probably include a whole range of more user friendly options
They need a small refrigerator for the Grey Poupon. That will definitely attract the correct off-road demographic.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
11:14 AM
Reaction score
This is what we end up doing... Even in her truck, which has dual zone climate control....
That's btw. exactly what the two zone thing does as well: it closes the respective vents to stop cold air from coming in. Only heating AND cooling at the same will not work, but in that case I dare say that the two persons are simply not compatible.

And I prosume, that if one of them wants cooling it is in general warm enough for the other.

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My discovery V has quad zone and I hate it. I’m always having to tell it to sync the AC. Heated seats can help the other person but in such a small area the dual/quad zone is an expensive joke

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:14 AM
Reaction score
I don't want it in the Grenadier for the sole reason that my wife changes both zones when she's uncomfortable, and that makes me twice as mad as just changing one zone. I'd rather it come with loops to handcuff the passengers mitts so they can't touch my controls.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
On another note we rented a Tesla model Y last week, and while it had dial zone you couldn't tell. You also couldn't change the direction of the vents, so they seem to be going for simplicity as well.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
7:14 PM
Reaction score
I don't want it in the Grenadier for the sole reason that my wife changes both zones when she's uncomfortable, and that makes me twice as mad as just changing one zone. I'd rather it come with loops to handcuff the passengers mitts so they can't touch my controls.
Lady hormones vs gentleman hormones = in a vehicle , you have a cage match...

Local time
Reaction score
my car, I drive it where and how I want, I decide what temperature it is inside and don't even think of touching the radio. You don't like it then get a job and buy your own damn car.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Direction of the vents is changed through the touch screen, not at all intuitive
I hated it. We never could get into the glovebox. Basically 1% per mile going to and from lake Tahoe and the supplied charger took overnight to add 15%. The supercharger stations we had to visit (had to be over 70% on return) took a half hour to go from 60 to 80%. Not feasible for anything other than city driving IMO.

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I hated it. We never could get into the glovebox. Basically 1% per mile going to and from lake Tahoe and the supplied charger took overnight to add 15%. The supercharger stations we had to visit (had to be over 70% on return) took a half hour to go from 60 to 80%. Not feasible for anything other than city driving IMO.
Just think, in a mere 12 years or less, that'll be all you have available! Politicians know best. Believe the climate cabal.

Last edited:

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:14 PM
Reaction score
Steam???
Not having any of that new fangled crap.
Bullock carts are the best.
They don't have a tight turning radius like those ne Grenadier things but still pretty good wading depth

View attachment 7822026
goddam it you’re right - and they’re multi-fuel too….

Local time
Reaction score
IA has already flagged a more upmarket "lifestyle" version of the Grenadier in 2025 - sidestepping closer to the new Defender.

As well as being 300kg lighter - it will probably include a whole range of more user friendly options
there's a considerable difference with the Grenadier vs. a ND. The ND has the BEST inside of any SUV IMO. lots of space for your stuff: water bottle, coffee, phone to charge, etc. It is wonderfully designed for comfort on the inside. Even the headroom ND offers the passengers is outstanding (so many SUVs go for space as length in the trunk, and forget that folks like space above their heads too). the outside and the tech dependency, those are issues. NDs are no longer built with solid roofs in the US, so that's a drawback for some buyers right there vs. the Grenadier's functional roof. The ND has some bugs: I've read some ND owners are having problems with cracked windshields, and maybe JLR tried to save money by making those thinner?! Others have reported the air suspension can "lock" in a certain height. I'd welcome a closer approximation to the ND interior space, design & layout, but ND has an extra 4" of wheel base to work with, so shifting much in the Grenadier may be difficult. the other nice thing about the ND is the materials; simple, functional, and easy to clean. When you see a Lexus LX, it's ridiculous to think you'd take that camping - it's too nice on the inside. So if Grenadier makes a nicer interior, they should think ND, not LX or Mercedes.

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:14 AM
Reaction score
It has auto climate probably because it’s using BMWs OS for the car.

Back
Top Bottom