The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

September Delivery - Defect or Issues

philiplaustin

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
1:37 AM
Reaction score
Under the assumption that vehicle quality is improving over time (and some of the threads have multiple months of defect data listed)

What kind of defects or issues have we seen from people who have had SEPTEMBER DELIVERIES?
Picked mine up yesterday, 130 mile home and everything perfect. Latest software upgrade already done. heard a lot about the steering but it took me ten minutes to acclimatise and all fine

Ralph

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
2:37 AM
Reaction score
Under the assumption that vehicle quality is improving over time (and some of the threads have multiple months of defect data listed)

What kind of defects or issues have we seen from people who have had SEPTEMBER DELIVERIES?
Trialmaster LHD 5 seat Utility diesel Donny grey black roof, all options, latest software, delivered to me in Nice this week
The vehicle is perfect, no faults, extremely high quality and finish, meets my requirements for a professional 4X4 completely.
The concession in Nice, ByMyCar have given exemplary service.

My observations are based on being a Professional Engineer having owned 8 LandRovers From Series 1 to last model Defender as personal transport and having driven all serious 4X4, LandCruiser, Hilux, Nissan patrol etc for construction site work world wide.

Chris T

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:37 AM
Reaction score
Hi

I’ve just clocked up 3000km, with trips up the Queensland coast including sand driving and off road adventures. I have a Trialmaster with dual batteries and winch.

Here is the report….

I’m very happy with the purchase. The performance along the highway is fine and it happily cruises along. I’ve had the cruise control cut out when it drops down gears accelerating uphill a couple of times though I’m not sure why. Overtaking is fine though it seems happiest sitting between 100-110km/h.

Off road the performance has been great. I wished for a bit more ground clearance going up a steep sand dune track (called ‘Big Sandy’ on the Five Rocks Track in the Byfield National Park for the Australian contingent) when I was getting bogged and seeing imprints of the undercarriage in the sand. The sand was like talcum powder and heavily rutted out. I almost gave up but putting in the lockers and a bit more right foot got me up. I found the ZF gearbox would up shift a bit when left in auto and I would lose power. Next time I’ll flick it to manual. That said the torque was more than enough.

The transfer case and engagement and disengagement of the lockers seems to get easier the more one does it.

The issues have been minor so far.

The side indicator thing with Australian rules are a bit annoying. I’ll be happier when the proper indicators get installed. That said, the temporary ones the dealer 3D printed have enabled me to get the car earlier.

I’ve noticed the reverse LEDs don’t all light up as a circle like the others. This is a minor fix which I’ll take up with the dealer.

I’ve had issues with connection of lights to the trailer when towing, I suspect this will be a minor fix. The indicator seemed to work randomly. I found it interesting though that the Grenadier detects that one has a trailer connected. Maybe that is normal for modern trucks these days.

There have been a few warning messages on the infotainment system which I’ve tended to ignore as they go away. Hopefully that improves with the software update.

I like all of the off-road information in the infotainment system though the loading is a bit slow. The main issue is that one loses the map when the off-road data is up. I’ve also found the maps through Apple car play tend to freeze (Google maps much more so than Apple Maps) which is a bit annoying when going on adventures when one is relying on the map to work out where to go. I’ve just bought a cheap mini Android tablet to run my maps on and have used a Quadlock windscreen mount to hold it there. Hopefully that works.

All in all these are minor issues. I’ve been very happy with the truck so far and have no buyer’s remorse. It’s too late now anyway as I’ve already bashed the back bash plate on rocks and have some side ‘speed stripes’ now on the side, from taking it through a tight bush track last week (it would be worse if I didn’t get it ceramic coated).

I enjoy having strangers come up to me and ask about the car. It gives one a sense of pride noticing all of the nods of appreciation and random ‘thumbs up’ one gets when cruising along the beach.

Things that I would change…

I suspect that I will end upgrading to larger tyres eventually, but hold off any lift kits.

I bought mine with the rock sliders. It is a bit of a climb to get in. I’m wondering if I can get a metal fabricator to make a small step off the slider to make entry a bit easier. I like the sliders with their height but they are no use to use as a step to get in.

The lack of power sockets at the front is limited, I’m trying to work out a descrete location for a usb power source to run things on the dash like a dash cam and extra gps/tablet.

To those second guessing the purchase, while still stuck on the wait list, I appreciate your pain. Stick it out, it will be worth it.

Now I better get around and hose out the interior….

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:37 PM
Reaction score
Hi

I’ve just clocked up 3000km, with trips up the Queensland coast including sand driving and off road adventures. I have a Trialmaster with dual batteries and winch.

Here is the report….

I’m very happy with the purchase. The performance along the highway is fine and it happily cruises along. I’ve had the cruise control cut out when it drops down gears accelerating uphill a couple of times though I’m not sure why. Overtaking is fine though it seems happiest sitting between 100-110km/h.

Off road the performance has been great. I wished for a bit more ground clearance going up a steep sand dune track (called ‘Big Sandy’ on the Five Rocks Track in the Byfield National Park for the Australian contingent) when I was getting bogged and seeing imprints of the undercarriage in the sand. The sand was like talcum powder and heavily rutted out. I almost gave up but putting in the lockers and a bit more right foot got me up. I found the ZF gearbox would up shift a bit when left in auto and I would lose power. Next time I’ll flick it to manual. That said the torque was more than enough.

The transfer case and engagement and disengagement of the lockers seems to get easier the more one does it.

The issues have been minor so far.

The side indicator thing with Australian rules are a bit annoying. I’ll be happier when the proper indicators get installed. That said, the temporary ones the dealer 3D printed have enabled me to get the car earlier.

I’ve noticed the reverse LEDs don’t all light up as a circle like the others. This is a minor fix which I’ll take up with the dealer.

I’ve had issues with connection of lights to the trailer when towing, I suspect this will be a minor fix. The indicator seemed to work randomly. I found it interesting though that the Grenadier detects that one has a trailer connected. Maybe that is normal for modern trucks these days.

There have been a few warning messages on the infotainment system which I’ve tended to ignore as they go away. Hopefully that improves with the software update.

I like all of the off-road information in the infotainment system though the loading is a bit slow. The main issue is that one loses the map when the off-road data is up. I’ve also found the maps through Apple car play tend to freeze (Google maps much more so than Apple Maps) which is a bit annoying when going on adventures when one is relying on the map to work out where to go. I’ve just bought a cheap mini Android tablet to run my maps on and have used a Quadlock windscreen mount to hold it there. Hopefully that works.

All in all these are minor issues. I’ve been very happy with the truck so far and have no buyer’s remorse. It’s too late now anyway as I’ve already bashed the back bash plate on rocks and have some side ‘speed stripes’ now on the side, from taking it through a tight bush track last week (it would be worse if I didn’t get it ceramic coated).

I enjoy having strangers come up to me and ask about the car. It gives one a sense of pride noticing all of the nods of appreciation and random ‘thumbs up’ one gets when cruising along the beach.

Things that I would change…

I suspect that I will end upgrading to larger tyres eventually, but hold off any lift kits.

I bought mine with the rock sliders. It is a bit of a climb to get in. I’m wondering if I can get a metal fabricator to make a small step off the slider to make entry a bit easier. I like the sliders with their height but they are no use to use as a step to get in.

The lack of power sockets at the front is limited, I’m trying to work out a descrete location for a usb power source to run things on the dash like a dash cam and extra gps/tablet.

To those second guessing the purchase, while still stuck on the wait list, I appreciate your pain. Stick it out, it will be worth it.

Now I better get around and hose out the interior….
Hi @Chris T . Thank you very much for the detailed report. I'm glad you're satisfied. I can only confirm that. I always find it great to read such reports.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:37 AM
Reaction score
Hi

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes, I had this several times too that people came up to me, in Belgium, Germany, Austria, Hungary Romania. In Hungary 4 guys rounded my car, and we had to use google translate to understand each other. Funny. Often they don't know the car at all and think it is a Land Rover or some Korean brand.
Three times (or perhaps more) they knew the car! One Austrian guy knew the prototypes came from Austria!

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:37 AM
Reaction score
Trialmaster LHD 5 seat Utility diesel Donny grey black roof, all options, latest software, delivered to me in Nice this week
The vehicle is perfect, no faults, extremely high quality and finish, meets my requirements for a professional 4X4 completely.
The concession in Nice, ByMyCar have given exemplary service.

My observations are based on being a Professional Engineer having owned 8 LandRovers From Series 1 to last model Defender as personal transport and having driven all serious 4X4, LandCruiser, Hilux, Nissan patrol etc for construction site work world wide.
Owning 8x LRs? You might not know what a quality vehicle is meant to look like!!! 😇

Back
Top Bottom