The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sell your Ineos Grenadier for profit or keep it?

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:36 PM
Reaction score
Could make $20-30K AUD on day one selling to open market... but there is no replacement vehicle in the range so good luck!

roozkhan

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
4:36 PM
Reaction score
I have been around a lot of that flipping. I’ve managed to get a few desirable cars/trucks over the past two years. They were really very strange times for all types of hoarding and flipping. The one part of the equation that will be different (as the grenadier is released) is that money isn’t free anymore. I was very tempted to flip a couple cars but I’m glad that I didn’t give in to the temptation. We are living in a strange time of perceived (if not actual) scarcity. My honest advice to any one lucky enough to be able to get/afford a first run Grenadier? KEEP IT! Use it and enjoy it. I have a nagging feeling that we might not be able to replace them easily in the future. Strange times indeed
I agree with this. Ineos maybe the last manufacturer to make a vehicle with this capability and at this price. G wagen has same capabilities but almost double in price. Realistically, Ineos may stop building these in the next few years if they can't flip a profit. If this happens, you have a true collector car in your possession if you ever want to sell it.

MilesD

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
9:36 PM
Reaction score
If decisions were only about money we would all be 'bankers', and what a boring world that would be :-0.
Still smiling after 3 months of driving an 'AMI', and a wonderful by product of the Ineos delay is the smiling will simply transfer to the IG.......AND when that smiling wains, the Meccano/spanner set will then come out and the real fun starts .............whats not to like, when somebody without a narcissist agenda yet deep pockets, funds your ultimate Tonka Toy dream.............

Schoeniman

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:36 PM
Reaction score
I already told my kids, "If I die before I get the car, you can sell it at least with 10% profit, because there already was a price increase on new orders".

I only forgot to tell them that according to my planning I will die in 2057, still with that same Grenadier in my possession!
Haha...we have the same plan...2057 it is. That would mean an age of 95 for me. The Grenadier will stay with us until then! Might be the last Diesel Burner I'll ever buy.

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:36 PM
Reaction score
Funny, I was more worried about this being a financial disaster of Delorean proportions than making money. I’ve bought sensible cars at good prices for the last 30 years. I told my wife I’m due one flier that might literally crash and burn.

OR it could be a 1993 110 NAS, which Is worth two-three orders of magnitude more than the Jeep Grand Cherokee that was its closest rival at the time….

Tempting to think what I would do if I had two or three ordered. The third might get sold, but even if I had two, I think I‘d keep and ‘heir and a spare’.

das mo

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:36 PM
Reaction score
Birds tweet that we will have the next price increase before summer.

In times of other brands adding another 50% on top, I do not see Ineos covering people, parts and energy cost increases with the current price tag.

For those of us to being part of wave 1, I do not see another chance to grab such a beautiful piece of engineering cheaper for many years to come.

Maybe when alternative tech and infrastucture becomes commodity in 10-15 years…

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:36 PM
Reaction score
I won't be. But I'm not opposed to people doing it. Its their car, they can do as they please.

Back
Top Bottom