The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sell your Ineos Grenadier for profit or keep it?

Local time
2:55 AM
Reaction score
As a thought experiment I'm curious if these IG's will be worth more initially on the pre-owned market.

Once the general population starts seeing these on the road I'm sure interest will spike along with marketing and PR from Ineos... but they can only make so many and the wait time will reflect that.

Similar to the Ford Raptor or Jeep 392 etc. when production is limited people will pay more to get into one. Early reservation holders are in the best situation.

I do plan on keeping mine but I think this idea can't be ignored in our market. Thoughts welcome.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’m sure people will, but I don’t think those people are a part of this community. I am not a fan of that, but it’s a reality. If I’m honest though, I’d rather see John Q. Public make a buck before some greedy dealership.

Last edited:

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
4:55 PM
Reaction score
"No profit grows where no pleasure is taken. - Shakespeare.
I'm with old Will on this one.
I'm sticking with the iron horse. I may flog it on the track, but not on the open market 😉

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:55 AM
Reaction score
I already told my kids, "If I die before I get the car, you can sell it at least with 10% profit, because there already was a price increase on new orders".

I only forgot to tell them that according to my planning I will die in 2057, still with that same Grenadier in my possession!

Orcmurd

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:55 AM
Reaction score
So list price has increased by c. £7k in the U.K. and with restricted supply and potentially a wait time of 8-12 months, I could see that with the correct spec, you could sell for a profit of at least £10k. I doubt many early adopters are buying to sell for a profit which may actually force up the second hand price in the short term.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
11:55 PM
Reaction score
So list price has increased by c. £7k in the U.K. and with restricted supply and potentially a wait time of 8-12 months, I could see that with the correct spec, you could sell for a profit of at least £10k. I doubt many early adopters are buying to sell for a profit which may actually force up the second hand price in the short term.
Looking at the crazy prices in the USA change that 1 into a 2,3 or even a 4 on a good day.

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was pleased to see Ineos wrote a “no on-selling” clause into the contract. If they catch you trying to sell yours BEFORE taking delivery they can cancel your order. They definitely want these on the road with enthusiast customers, not speculating opportunists.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think that at least those early orders who get pre price rise will be able to at a minimum get full freight back if they choose to sell. I have no intention of selling mine, but it’s nice to know that if I really dislike it once I have it, or if the financial circumstances take an unexpected turn, I can get out of it with no penalty if I need to

Last edited:

DDG

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I have been around a lot of that flipping. I’ve managed to get a few desirable cars/trucks over the past two years. They were really very strange times for all types of hoarding and flipping. The one part of the equation that will be different (as the grenadier is released) is that money isn’t free anymore. I was very tempted to flip a couple cars but I’m glad that I didn’t give in to the temptation. We are living in a strange time of perceived (if not actual) scarcity. My honest advice to any one lucky enough to be able to get/afford a first run Grenadier? KEEP IT! Use it and enjoy it. I have a nagging feeling that we might not be able to replace them easily in the future. Strange times indeed

JOB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
That's definitely the question.
Assuming that NO customer cars have been delivered by the end of Jan, to have delivered ALL pre-existing orders in 4 months means either one of two things: supply chain issues will soon be a thing of the past and the giga-factory will be at full speed, or, there really aren’t that many orders in the U.K…. I don’t believe either.

If I was a betting man, I would wager not a single U.K. customer car will be registered before March 1st, and those of us who were told “January build” but have yet to see a contract won’t get our cars until spring gives way to summer.

I’m not complaining, yet, just exasperated at the lack of a straight answer.

PanoramaJJ

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I ordered my INEOS as a Two-seater with 17 extras, but only for my personal use.

I won´t sell it, even if the prices are 20.000 bucks higher than I payed by myself.

DO YOU KNOW THAT THE NEW INEOS will be (at the beginning) more exclusive than MAYBACH and BUGATTI?

So get your Grenadier (anywhen), take it, go on the streets, drive, cruise, enjoy - and SMILE. :)

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Delivery times are not only dependent on car manufacturers.

Automotive industry must prepare for continuing chip shortage
26.01.2023 12:16
The chip shortage will cut global car production by a fifth by the year 2026,
according to industry association VDA. But the high consumption is
homemade. ...

Attachments

• chipshortage.pdf
    40.5 KB · Views: 16
Local time
Reaction score
Assuming that NO customer cars have been delivered by the end of Jan, to have delivered ALL pre-existing orders in 4 months means either one of two things: supply chain issues will soon be a thing of the past and the giga-factory will be at full speed, or, there really aren’t that many orders in the U.K…. I don’t believe either.

If I was a betting man, I would wager not a single U.K. customer car will be registered before March 1st, and those of us who were told “January build” but have yet to see a contract won’t get our cars until spring gives way to summer.

I’m not complaining, yet, just exasperated at the lack of a straight answer.

The SMART giga-factory was originally designed for an output of 450.000 cars a year with 3 shifts, IG will struggle to sell 1/10 of that in the present climate..unless maybe they can sign substantial fleet or military contracts..but even so, a tricky project...you need to build 100.000 a year to make it worth your while, a director of one of those modern car factories once told me..

PanoramaJJ

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hmmm, at least one country doesn’t seem to have any shortage of chips. Chinese vehicles have been flooding our shores ever since the Covid chip shortage started.
perhaps we should buy some chinese vehicles (those with the most chips) and give the chips to Ineos? :unsure:

Local time
Reaction score
I was pleased to see Ineos wrote a “no on-selling” clause into the contract. If they catch you trying to sell yours BEFORE taking delivery they can cancel your order. They definitely want these on the road with enthusiast customers, not speculating opportunists.
Regardless,
Compare to $1.7 B loss for Rivian:

I couldn't care less about how much cash they're burning through as a start up. Their vehicles are rolling off the assembly lines, they're getting stellar reviews, their service centers are built out, and it's looking like our family will have our R1S long before our grenadier.

Plus we got locked in pricing early with Rivian that we won't see with ineos. Quite possibly at a price point that's even cheaper than the grenadier.

caalm

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
As a thought experiment I'm curious if these IG's will be worth more initially on the pre-owned market.

Once the general population starts seeing these on the road I'm sure interest will spike along with marketing and PR from Ineos... but they can only make so many and the wait time will reflect that.

Similar to the Ford Raptor or Jeep 392 etc. when production is limited people will pay more to get into one. Early reservation holders are in the best situation.

I do plan on keeping mine but I think this idea can't be ignored in our market. Thoughts welcome.
I've definitely contemplated it....I reckon I could get an additional £20k for it....going by the new range rover (well over £30k list)

But I've spent too long waiting for it 😂

Back
Top Bottom