The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Self drivig cars

Local time
8:36 PM
Reaction score
Here were some future scenarios for cars:

But this is still the reality :)

View: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CxiMHssNAGi/

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:36 PM
Reaction score
There is one major problem on all self driving or autopilot vehicles.. liability.
who is liable on any damage, injury or death caused by a self driving or autopilot driven vehicle. In an aircraft there is always the captain .. officer in command from moment of „flight attendants all doors in flight!“
taking responsibility for the journey. The captain can switch off the autopilot at any time. But imagine in a future only call to use taxi like in Arnold Schwarzenegger Total Recall.. no one has a driving license .. ability to steer a vehicle.. and shit happens e.g. by malfunction, sabotage etc. Or simply.. you want to go somewhere the government doesn’t like you to go to.. the attempt will deduct points from your social score.. just kidding we are in a free country and no one will nudge you to something. Move on nothing to see here.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@bemax last year I was in a business meeting with a insurance where black boxes recording driving behaviour, in particular speeding was a topic as well as self drive capability. e.g Tesla and also an issue that happened with a cruise control malfunction in a Volkswagen Passat causing an accident because it could not switch off.. the driver tried to brake what normally should shut off cruise.. the driver kept nerves and shut of ignition but the crash could not prevented. So VW liable, maintenance issue or driver? So they were discussing what happens with e vehicle and a kind of approved roads and slots when to drive and to where.
E.g prohibition of night rides to beginners like discussed in EU recently.. and a lot more. So my words had a cynic reason..

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@bemax last year I was in a business meeting with a insurance where black boxes recording driving behaviour, in particular speeding was a topic as well as self drive capability. e.g Tesla and also an issue that happened with a cruise control malfunction in a Volkswagen Passat causing an accident because it could not switch off.. the driver tried to brake what normally should shut off cruise.. the driver kept nerves and shut of ignition but the crash could not prevented. So VW liable, maintenance issue or driver? So they were discussing what happens with e vehicle and a kind of approved roads and slots when to drive and to where.
E.g prohibition of night rides to beginners like discussed in EU recently.. and a lot more. So my words had a cynic reason..
I got your message and I am with you at most of it. My eye rolling was just about the last little part as you tend to point towards the conspiracy against us simple people.
The problem with self driving cars and the
question of who can be held liable for a mistake or even an accident is more than legitimate.
Just look at the accident in the USA, where the robot taxi was aware that it had (blamelessly) run over a person, but could not notice that the woman was hanging under the car after the collision.
The vehicle does what it is supposed to do in an emergency. It pulls over to the side of the road. And drags the injured person 6 metres across the tarmac.
I don't know how this can be judged fairly...

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Unterstood. The reason why I was invited in this meeting was GDPR and there were a lot of topics discussed, on sensors monitoring etc.. how to use data also track misused oder stolen vehicles, rentals, geo fencing, use of company cars, track if people work or how long spend people on a particular maintenance point.. and correnspond with the reports they deliver.. that was the reason why I became cynic and extrapolated into conspiracy. Told them a lot of topics are strictly violating current laws in Germany. But elsewhere it doesn‘t. The idea is to allow for personally tailored insurance premium and if you deliver data you pay less. The same for fleet vehicles and data sharing between owner/employer rentalcompany and insurance... current laws here however restrict the use as of now. But with consent of all parties this is possible.

Back
Top Bottom