The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Seat covers

GrenADV

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:35 PM
Reaction score
If anyone in US is interested I just received a quote for Melville and Moon for seat covers delivered to the Chicago area (in Rand)
Seat Covers (I believe the quote is for 2 buckets and the rear 60/40, I have asked for clarification) $9521.74
Shipping - 5647.28
Total 15,169.02 ( $784.60 USD) for Forum Members.

Cheaper delivered than the factory covers.
Do you know if this is the pricing for the "Original" or "Premium" finish range?

I ordered some of the original sand covers a few weeks ago, and the price was about 500 rand less expensive than what you were quoted. I tried to get them to discount by mentioning the forum (as noted in another thread by Stu, in regards to the UK market), and unfortunately the discounts didn't apply to markets outside of the UK (also noted by Stu's post, but I figured I'd give it a try anyway ;)).

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Do you know if this is the pricing for the "Original" or "Premium" finish range?

I ordered some of the original sand covers a few weeks ago, and the price was about 500 rand less expensive than what you were quoted. I tried to get them to discount by mentioning the forum (as noted in another thread by Stu, in regards to the UK market), and unfortunately the discounts didn't apply to markets outside of the UK (also noted by Stu's post, but I figured I'd give it a try anyway ;)).

The other price quoted is a good price compared to the UK, so R500 less is a real cracking price. Unfortunately the shipping is what kills a good deal. Log splitter must have been happy picking them up in Cape Town

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
10:35 AM
Reaction score
I spoke to Beesdam today about their line. They will make them but I need to figure out how to ship them to the US. I like the MM but wanted a little more red leather to blend with the saddle leather pack.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I spoke to Beesdam today about their line. They will make them but I need to figure out how to ship them to the US. I like the MM but wanted a little more red leather to blend with the saddle leather pack.

What about the MM covers with the extra leather on the sea base. I think they are the premium ones. The leather is quite a close match to the saddle leather.

Would be ideal if you could get a few orders and bundle them for the shipping.

Just a thought.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
10:35 AM
Reaction score
What about the MM covers with the extra leather on the sea base. I think they are the premium ones. The leather is quite a close match to the saddle leather.

Would be ideal if you could get a few orders and bundle them for the shipping.

Just a thought.
I was thinking more like this.

Attachments

• DSC03431.jpg
    DSC03431.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 86

MikeF

Grenadier Ordered
Contract Signed
Local time
3:35 AM
Reaction score
Hello I took delivery of mine with the genuine seat covers supplied which were expensive, They do not fit well they keep raising up and the TABS at the side make no real sense.
serioisly thinking of asking for a refund on them and going with a more durable Item in canvas
I second that opinion, they are at best adequate and functional but a disappointingly ill-fitting and I have had same issue of tabs coming loose . Could have been done better, IMO.

Ragman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:35 PM
Reaction score

That was for the original covers and is actually cheaper than that quoted on their website, so perhaps it is discounted as I mentioned the forum or perhaps there is a difference as noted above in the rear seat headrests.

NoAge Hunter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:35 PM
Reaction score
Maybe „old-fashioned“ - but after approx driving 30 years in mud and dust in rather cold and wet areas, I am a big fan of seat covers made out of lambskin.
They are warm in Winter, regulate the heat in Sommer and absorb a lot of dust and dirt, before you need to clean them.

Maybe they look a bit vintage (like me😂) - but they are absolutely comfy.
Especially compared to the overpriced plastic Ineos covers they are a big improvement….

Oh- and they even have a certificate to be in-line with seat airbag regulations ….(in Germany there is a regulation for nearly every topic 😉😂)
So I „installed“ them today ….I like it! IMG_2493.jpeg

Skiprat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
For what it's worth - anyone struggling with their Ineos supplied seat covers, a quick mod to mine seems to have cured the problem of them sliding off.
Using a couple of eyelets and mini shock cord bungees fitted around the lateral bar under the seat keeps the front of the cover where it should be.746AE6A4-7ECD-4150-96F8-A6A88CE0E8B7_1_105_c.jpegE78CDB34-25AD-4EC2-ACC1-4F15B7FAEAC2_1_105_c.jpeg

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was thinking more like this.
Sorry for digging up an older thread, but did you get anywhere with Beesdam? Their covers are definitely expensive but also the nicest I've seen so far.

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:35 PM
Reaction score
Sorry for digging up an older thread, but did you get anywhere with Beesdam? Their covers are definitely expensive but also the nicest I've seen so far.
I thought the Tougher brand covers from South Africa were exceptional quality and fit - and 30% less than Melville & Moon

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I thought the Tougher brand covers from South Africa were exceptional quality and fit - and 30% less than Melville & Moon
I'm super happy with mine. Got them installed yesterday and the fit and finish is well done.

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I definitely have read the threads on the Tougher brand and they may be what I eventually go with, but the leather on the Beesdam is on another level 😁

I sent an email to them with a list of questions. Ultimately it might be a moot point if they don't ship to the States.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Don’t the others fit leather on the high wear areas as well. I would check if you get no luck with Beesdam.

If it’s something else you are on about then please ignore me.

I am in South Africa next week. High on my list is the M&M store in Cape Town. Hopefully will be bringing some goodies back with me and taking advantage of a good exchange rate 😃

ORSO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:35 PM
Reaction score
I also contacted Beesdsm but at the moment they don't have a kit ready for IG and they don't export from South Africa

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I also contacted Beesdsm but at the moment they don't have a kit ready for IG and they don't export from South Africa
I just received their reply today…two sentences:

”We can only make seat covers for this vehicle if the vehicle can be brought to us for fitment. We are situated in Potchefstroom South Africa. We also do not export the covers.”

I‘ve seen at least one Grenadier with these seat covers, so I’m surprised they would need the vehicle. The exporting issue is a head scratcher for me🤷🏻‍♂️. I guess business must be good in SA…who needs the ROW 😂😂

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Don’t the others fit leather on the high wear areas as well. I would check if you get no luck with Beesdam.

If it’s something else you are on about then please ignore me.

I am in South Africa next week. High on my list is the M&M store in Cape Town. Hopefully will be bringing some goodies back with me and taking advantage of a good exchange rate 😃

I'd like the opportunity to compare the M&M to the Tougher, but from what I see, I'm glad I got the M&M. I opted for the "premium" version and I think they have better attention to detail, and provide more than just a seat cover. The increased storage is huge in the grenadier. The passport pockets are perfectly situated for a variety of things from your phone, sunglasses, etc. and the map pockets are big enough that my Garmin Overlander disappears in it. The snaps and zippers appear to be of very high quality. According to the M&M instagram, they are working on US distribution.

A few things of note:

The M&M use a snap closure on the passport pocket.
melville one.jpg

The M&M has cavernous snap closure map pockets on the back of every seat, with internal and external zipper pockets as well. :
melville five.jpg
melville two.jpg
Massive map pockets on the rear seats:
melville three.jpg
Leather piping and a leather pad on the exit bolsters. Note that this was before I had correctly installed them. They also tighten up as you drive them.
melville four.jpg

If anyone is going to SA, I'd love to get one of their bedrolls. I theorize that with some creative vacuum packing, it could ship much more efficiently than what they quote via DHL.

Please DM if you are game to try.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Maybe „old-fashioned“ - but after approx driving 30 years in mud and dust in rather cold and wet areas, I am a big fan of seat covers made out of lambskin.
They are warm in Winter, regulate the heat in Sommer and absorb a lot of dust and dirt, before you need to clean them.

Maybe they look a bit vintage (like me😂) - but they are absolutely comfy.
Especially compared to the overpriced plastic Ineos covers they are a big improvement….

Oh- and they even have a certificate to be in-line with seat airbag regulations ….(in Germany there is a regulation for nearly every topic 😉😂)
So I „installed“ them today ….I like it! View attachment 7835268
What vendor supplied these?

Reactions: IGL
Back
Top Bottom