The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Grernadier Screw/Bolt head types & sizes

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:00 AM
Reaction score
BACKGROUND
@DaBull and I have been having a discussion of Screw/bolt heads over in the Torque setting thread here. I started a new thread to focus on the various size and types of common screws/bolts used on the Grenadier. The Table will be updated over time.

There will be some variation between cars. I know earlier model Grenadiers had torx bolts along the door sill, my car has hex bolts.#

COMMON HEAD TYPES
A diagram of common heads (it shows no Torx Plus head).
1713395312172-jpg.7853400

Source

THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN TORX AND TORX PLUS
The @DaBull supplied video link of the difference between a Torx head and Torx Plus (Torx+) head.
View: https://youtu.be/U27j1ZvaWeU

THE TABLE

LocationHead TypeTorque SettingComment
Door hinge bolt (exterior)Torx T50
Utility Belt boltsTorx T27
Bracket bolt on grab handleTorx Plus T25P
Lower door sill boltsTorx ?? or
Male Hex M10#
Roof Rack/BarsMostly female hex*VariousThe INEOS Fitting Guides for Accessories often have the various bolt types and torque settings. The head type is commonly a female hex,* on a M6 or M8 bolt.
CTECK 120S & 250SE – terminal screwsFemale hex, use 5mm Allen Key8 Nm/71More information in this thread.
CTECK 120S & 250SE, base mounting boltsM4 or ST4.2 screws/bolts2 Nm/18 lbMore information in this thread.
Oil filter cap32mm male hex#25NmMore information in this thread.
Oil sump plug??25NmMore information in this thread.
Busbar studsVariousVariousLook here.
Headlight surroundTorx T27??
Plastic trim bolts on both rear doorsTorx T27??All my bolts needed some tightening, but I did not overtighten them. However, on the INEOS Picnic Table they used Torx T25 bolt heads, not T27 – go figure!
INEOS Picnic Table boltsTorx T25??Torx T27 are used on the plastic trim behind the picnic table.
Bolts used on the front raised tie down points near the cargo barrierTorx T40??2-seater model only. The tie down points on top of the battery box close to the cargo barrier. All 4 of my bolts needed to be tightened (2 each side).
Bolts attaching the cargo barrier to the battery boxTorx T50??2-seater model only. The bolts that attach the 2-seater cargo barrier to the battery box.
Bolts used to secure L track in cargo areaTorx T50??Six bolts are used to secure L Track rails on the cargo area floor.
Anchor points in cargo areaTorx T45??Not sure where these came from as they were part of the drawer install.
Larger anchor bolts used in rear roof No 1Torx T40??Bolts removed as part of the rear roof shelf install. Look here.
Smaller anchor bolts used in rear roof No 2Torx T25??Bolts removed as part of the rear roof shelf install. Look here.
Bolts used in forward roof mounts, under the shroudsFemale hex, use 4mm Allen Key*??Thanks DENOGG-Fieldmaster. Look here.
*Commonly loosen/tighten with an Allen key or hex bit. #Commonly loosen/tighten with a socket, spanner or wrench. Methodology: I take a selection of Torx and Torx Plus bits and work out which fits the best. When there is uncertainty, I look closely at the shape of the screw/bolt head.

Last edited:

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Table updated, several more bolt heads added. Only one Torx Plus bolt head has been found so far, on the grab handle bracket. There has been a few screw.bolts I had to tighten. These are noted in the Table.

Methodology: I take a selection of Torx and Torx Plus bits and work out which fits the best. When there is uncertainty I look very closely at the shape of the screw/bolt head.

Last edited:

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Table updated again, even more variety.

Tomorrow I will torque all the bolts attached to the battery box (2 seater model). I did not do the battery box hinges today, just the front tie down rings. The hinge screw/bolts look T50 or maybe even bigger.

So far Torx T25, T27, T40, T45, T50 and a Torx Plus TP25. Pretty I used the Torx T30 in the past.

I can see other Torx sizes are used, but I need to work through other parts of the car.

Tip: if you think it is a T27 head, always try the T30 as well. The T27 feels loose in a T30 head, but it will work - poorly.

Last edited:

DENOGG-Fieldmaster

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:00 PM
Reaction score
I tried to install my cargo net in the forward position and can now report that the screw that holds the plastic shrouds for the upper net mounts has a 4mm Hex head. Wedged in good and had to take that shroud out.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I tried to install my cargo net in the forward position and can now report that the screw that holds the plastic shrouds for the upper net mounts has a 4mm Hex head. Wedged in good and had to take that shroud out.
Are they the from roof mounts? Can you post a picture as I will add this to the Table - with a link to your photo.

Just FYI, the small bolts from the rear roof mount in the back of my car were Torx T25 heads. You need to remove the shrouds for then also.

Last edited:

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Table updated with some more screw/bolts.

Last edited:

DENOGG-Fieldmaster

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Are they the from roof mounts? Can you post a picture as I will add this to the Table - with a link to your photo.

Just FYI, the small bolts from the rear roof mount in the back of my car were Torx T25 heads. You need to remove the shrouds for then also.
Will do tomorrow. It’s the interior net mount.

DENOGG-Fieldmaster

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

This is the 4mm Allen/Hex screw I was talking about.

Attachments

• IMG_7108.jpeg
    IMG_7108.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 19

WhiteBear

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:00 AM
Reaction score
What size Torx is this screw at the cover of the battery compartment?
T40 or T45?
(Picture taken from a forum member found elsewhere, not mine)

Edit: Found it, seems to be T45.

Attachments

• IMG_3740.jpeg
    IMG_3740.jpeg
    221.4 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
T40 or T45?
Do you know if that is from a 5 seater model. I have a 2 seater and it does not look familiar to me.

I will look tomorrow.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
T40 or T45?
Sorry I cannot help, this bracket does not seem to be on a 2 seater model. Ask @DaBull, he may be able to help.

Back
Top Bottom