The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Safety Systems

AndrewW

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Forum Supporter
Local time
11:55 PM
Reaction score
Yes - he is…
Both sat here in eager anticipation. I was told my Trialmaster was in production over a fortnight ago…
It's in Grimsby, I'm told... mine that is. No info my brother's, ordered three days later!

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I think there's boats 4 days a week coming into Grimsby from Zeebrugge, so that compound may be kept pretty busy.

Local time
6:55 PM
Reaction score
Has there been any news regarding AEB for the US? For all new cars made as of September 2022 is suppose to have AEB. Last I checked with Ineos they were not planning on doing it. But its a legal requirement, unless there is a loop hole to the rule.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:55 AM
Reaction score
Has there been any news regarding AEB for the US? For all new cars made as of September 2022 is suppose to have AEB. Last I checked with Ineos they were not planning on doing it. But its a legal requirement, unless there is a loop hole to the rule.
AEB?

Der Mattes

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Does anyone have the same warning when he starts his Grenadier that there is a problem with the E-Call system? My dealer told me, when i received my car two weeks ago, that this is a software issue which will be solved with the next software update.

Reactions: PBD

Oskar

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:55 AM
Reaction score
Just be patient while turning on your Grenadier and these messages will not pop up.

Der Mattes

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just be patient while turning on your Grenadier and these messages will not pop up.
What do you mean by patient - turn the key slowly?
Well i actively have to click „OK“ on the message on the screen to get rid of it, every time i start up the car. There is also the orange engine warning which is always on which is according to the dealer related to the E-Call problem. The message „Transfer case problem“ pop‘s up as well but disappears after a couple of seconds by itself.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Does anyone have the same warning when he starts his Grenadier that there is a problem with the E-Call system? My dealer told me, when i received my car two weeks ago, that this is a software issue which will be solved with the next software update.
This message:
IMG_20230703_151815992_HDR.jpg
If you look in the sub menus, you may be able to see more detail:
WP_20230518_008.jpg
IMG_20230703_153445833_HDR.jpg

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:55 AM
Reaction score
What do you mean by patient - turn the key slowly?
Well i actively have to click „OK“ on the message on the screen to get rid of it, every time i start up the car. There is also the orange engine warning which is always on which is according to the dealer related to the E-Call problem. The message „Transfer case problem“ pop‘s up as well but disappears after a couple of seconds by itself.
You turn the key so all the lights come on in the screen behind the steering wheel, keep your foot off the brake and don't start the engine. Wait for all the warning lights to extinguish... except for the engine icon and the "park brake" light. (This enables the vehicle computer system to do all the self checks.)
Then start the engine as normal .

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
8:55 AM
Reaction score
You turn the key so all the lights come on in the screen behind the steering wheel, keep your foot off the brake and don't start the engine. Wait for all the warning lights to extinguish... except for the engine icon and the "park brake" light. (This enables the vehicle computer system to do all the self checks.)
Then start the engine as normal .
As you imagine a pilot would do with an aircraft.
No pilot ever jumped into a plane , fired it up and roared off instantly.
Except maybe Tom Cruise is some movie or another.

Wilaspira

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I do take the “patient” approach to starting the vehicle ie foot on brake, in neutral, turn key wait 30 seconds or so for all small screen lights to turn off and then add 5 seconds for luck but I still get random error messages (eCall, PDC etc etc etc) on the central screen on an intermittent basis. It seems to me that patience perhaps help but who knows it certainly does not cure things. More importantly the car does start, go and stop (to date) irrespective of the warnings

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I do take the “patient” approach to starting the vehicle ie foot on brake, in neutral, turn key wait 30 seconds or so for all small screen lights to turn off and then add 5 seconds for luck but I still get random error messages (eCall, PDC etc etc etc) on the central screen on an intermittent basis. It seems to me that patience perhaps help but who knows it certainly does not cure things. More importantly the car does start, go and stop (to date) irrespective of the warnings
+ 1

Der Mattes

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Update regarding my Error Messages (PDC, Servo Control, eCall …). On monday this week I saw my agent to receive the announced software update for my Grenadier. As far as I can tell by now there are no Errors left/shown on the dashboard. The only thing left in terms of problems is my compass which is still not working at all. The agent told me that they made a service ticket reg. this problem. They checked the cables as well as the GPS Antenna but nothing helped so far.

parb

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
3:55 PM
Reaction score
This is a bit late from when you posted. I just saw it today.

NHTSA just closed the comments on the proposed role making in August. From there the feedback needs to be considered and analyzed. A final rule making with key feedback will be published as will the final rule in the federal register. I haven't seen a date for that but I think it will be in first half of 2024. Federal motor administrator is targeting rule making for aeb for class 7 and 8 heavy vehicles on April 30 '24. I would not be surprised if nhtsa does the same.

From there OEMs have 3 years to implement the required capability, small volume manufacturers would get an extra year to comply.

Note that the proposal includes aeb for vehicles in path of travel and pedestrians in path of travel as well.

The rules will be written into 49 CFR Parts 571 and 596.

Back
Top Bottom