The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Safety Devices - Accessory Development

Ghempo

Global Grenadier
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:51 PM
Reaction score
I hope more racks come to market, but I do not like the ones that are glorified crossbars with lots of bolts. I'm sticking with the Rhino for the one-piece side-rail/feet. If I were to go a different direction in the future, it will be a welded, tubular rack like Safety Devices for the old Land Rovers.

Pulled this quote regarding Safety Devices from @Tom109 in another thread, and thought share some info/ideas with the group...

First, I reached out directly to Safety Devices expedition section (not sure if anyone else has) asking if they were considering development of any Grenadier accessories; see response below in red italics.

Good Morning,

Thank you for your enquiry.

We are aware that there is a market for the Ineos Grenadier and are therefore in the very early stages of considering what products we may be able to develop. However, the process of developing new products can take several months and therefore, I cannot advise when these are likely to become available to order.

Apologies that I cannot assist with your enquiry any further at this stage.

Best Wishes,

Zoe
Safety Devices International Ltd
Cambridge House, Holborn Avenue, Mildenhall, Suffolk, IP28 7AN

So, looks like good news regarding their decision to respond to market interest, but we will probably need to be patient in the meantime, especially those of us across the pond.

This has got me thinking though, what kind of SD roof rack would I want to see, and is this something that someone state-side might want to produce?

I plan sketch-out some ideas of my own based on the G4 Defender full-length style SD rack, although I have no real background in design or fabrication.

If there's someone else out there who does have a fabrication background and a similar interest, I'd love to connect and kick some ideas around!

Cheers,
Lee

Ghempo

Global Grenadier
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:51 PM
Reaction score
Obviously, I do too @Tom109!

I recognize the rear profile of a Disco I in your avatar... I also had a white Disco with an SD rack, a sweet little 50th Anniversary edition from 1998.

Alas, it succumbed to an a myriad of aging problems, but most acutely, a busted radiator that led to a warped head from overheating (not my doing, lent the truck to a relative).

Back
Top Bottom