The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Rust (rust on wheel centres/axle ends)

Gren17

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:20 AM
Reaction score
Hi, similar to the electrical gremlins (all to date superficial[?]) there seem to be some common issues on the newly collected vehicles with surface rust on wheel centres/axle ends. My car (a sub 1000 VIN) is suffering from a mild dose of this - see below

front wheel lh

View attachment 7810769

Rear wheel lh. Note it is as if the metal on centre element this side has been treated in some way ie it has a dark finish much like the front face and no/less visible surface rust? Note also rust to end of wheel bolts (this only seems to be afflicting this wheel)

View attachment 7810770

front rh

View attachment 7810772

Is this the same/similar for other new owners?
Hello mate, same issue with mine, did your dealership fix it and if so what was the solution? Asking for a friend

bbq4133

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:20 AM
Reaction score
Hello mate, same issue with mine, did your dealership fix it and if so what was the solution? Asking for a friend
Mine cleaned it up and sprayed some manner of rust inhibitor on it. It's a TSB.

PNW_IG

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:20 AM
Reaction score
Mine cleaned it up and sprayed some manner of rust inhibitor on it. It's a TSB.
Does the TSB have a number or title? My grenadier is at the dealer and want to mention this while it is being worked on.

Cheers.

bbq4133

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Does the TSB have a number or title? My grenadier is at the dealer and want to mention this while it is being worked on.

Cheers.

Not positive, but the service manager confirmed it.

4x4Brick #1561

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
2:20 AM
Reaction score
Mine also has some on the front bumper, bummer but hopefully they fix it.
I've pingged my salesman at Mossy Houston a couple of time since delivery a couple of weeks ago but no response. I have 3 out of 4 tire centers rusting and all the bumper bolts. I hadn't spray but I can. I'm just worried about the rust I'm missing that I don't see.

bbq4133

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I've pingged my salesman at Mossy Houston a couple of time since delivery a couple of weeks ago but no response. I have 3 out of 4 tire centers rusting and all the bumper bolts. I hadn't spray but I can. I'm just worried about the rust I'm missing that I don't see.

My understanding is that it's the typical surface rust on the hub that exists but you typically don't actually see given the obvious (wheels/hub caps). That being said, I'd much rather have it cleaned off than not!

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:20 AM
Reaction score
Mine too.

bbq4133

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
FWIW this is what my dealer got to address the issue (completely forgot I took this picture, my apologies!).IMG_3701.jpegIMG_3701.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom