The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Reviews Coming...

Status
Not open for further replies.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
4:03 PM
Reaction score
Base price about that of a Grenadier: 64.581 Euro 😵‍💫

And as things stand, Volkswagen is currently having a cars-related software Waterloo ...

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Just looked it up. ID.Buzz weight, base model: 2.471 kg

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:03 AM
Reaction score
Bile anything…🤮

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:03 AM
Reaction score
Saw a Canoo Lifestyle Vehicle on the road in LA in September, amazing looking vehicle. You can't see it in the picture above but the front panel under the windscreen is transparent in bright light.
I think they're barely keeping their heads above water, aren't they? Or did they find a lease on life?
I do like the design though, particularly the 'skateboard' chassis which is surely the most flexible automotive platform out there.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Interesting.. the US Army will phase out fuel burning vehicles... Hm. now that we have experimental fusion providing indeed a positive power ratio ..
Perhaps we habe once in a time fusion powered tanks, combat aircraft and submarines or aircraft carriers. May be.. Perhaps a fusion electric IG.. ultra long range.. perhaps 100.000 mls between refueling. Yeah that would be a positive vision. Except.. the road taxes would likely rise significant.

Still the biggest problem is still there battles where many die - to resolve problems that politics is impossible to do - or perhaps to put tax payers money in the hand of a few rich ones sitting in the background. - The same guys that try to forbid private vehicles, private firearms etc... Of course some law enforcement and some military stuff seem to be needed .. may be. But rarely conflicts have been resolved by brute force but negotiations. (Stop now.. little philosopher inside me)

About the vehicle itself The vehicle reminds me to an older VW bully pickup in its style .. but the range and capability.. - seem for military purpose quite low. - So probably used only in short range within military facilities only.

stickshifter

Reservation Holder
Local time
3:03 PM
Reaction score
USSOCOM has been testing electric vehicles for a while, for use in specific tactical applications (infil & exfil) when quiet movement is at a premium. This includes electric bicycles/motorbikes and ATVs. For now, these can only be used under narrow parameters, by small teams, and not for extended periods of time. But technology is constantly evolving... On-base is a different story, and fleet vehicles on-base are likely to transition fairly soon (charging stations can easily be established on-base).

Wilaspira

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:03 AM
Reaction score
Anyone seen the What Car review referred to above (and touted for release yesterday)? [ps I haven’t in case you wonder]

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:03 AM
Reaction score

“Drive” is one of the main motoring websites in OZ

Not that it’s a review, but it’s interesting how the market is in expectation of the Gren. - Look for Sam Purcells section.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

“Drive” is one of the main motoring websites in OZ

Not that it’s a review, but it’s interesting how the market is in expectation of the Gren. - Look for Sam Purcells section.
Interestingly - there were some reviews referenced. At least - a short one. that caught my attention.
Its from early 2022 but I never noticed this one.
This guy got indeed stuck an was relying to "automatic" aids.

The conclusion - Ineos Grenadier gets you there - but experienced driver required .. unexperienced driver may get further with a lot of gadgets.
Indeed yesterday I just put my Disco in Snow/Grass/Gravel Mode and went off - the so called mud mode (I was driving on a very muddy descending agricultural pathway and needed to turn.

Perhaps the IG will need some different treatment - and perhaps I might need some drivers training then. But electronic traction gadgets may not help, or not work as promised. At the end its the drivers skills that decide - as always.

But in general - yes IG will be there serve a market niche.. But Hambach is capable of doing more but just the Grenadier.. and I assume Sir Jim has a few more ideas than just the Grenadier (as we know it) that could be assembled there.

KBKLR

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:03 PM
Reaction score
I came down from Orkney this morning, no sign of them on the road down through Cathness. Stunning part of the world up there, can't wait to see the write ups. Interestingly where Clarkson took the LR3 (Discovery) up a hill for Top Gear if I remember correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom